Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCC

Featured Replies

I was told tonight by a very good source(ex-player) that Coach McDonald resigned last night. Can any of the NCC fans confirm this one?? Is this what St Henry was waiting on or is Kristi going to spend time w/the family now???

  • Replies 118
  • Views 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told tonight by a very good source(ex-player) that Coach McDonald resigned last night. Can any of the NCC fans confirm this one?? Is this what St Henry was waiting on or is Kristi going to spend time w/the family now???

 

If this is true could Ron Dawn be the next coach??

  • Author

I can now confirm my own question, Coach McDonald has resigned!

Did she give a reason? Gotta say those are big shoes to fill.

I was told that the main reason was that she was tired of dealing with parental interference . Don't know any details about this though .

Wow!!!!!!!! Any other details yet? This is a major opening that could draw some big names.

Wow!!! I would be interested to see Coach McDonald's lifetime stats. I would have to think that stack up with the best of them. I know her team's have one 2 overall 9th region championships and several small schools.

 

How could the administration let her go? If I was St. Henry, I know where my next call would be.

I think this is a good thing. The parents have been wanting her gone for years. Not to many people are a fan of Mcdonalds on the hill for several reasons. This might be a good thing for all parties involved. I say talk "Big C" Carl Foster into coming back. Think what he could have done with some of the talent the girls on the hill had the past ten years.

Good luck filling those shoes.

 

As the old saying goes, careful what you wish for, you just might get it ;)

Wow!!! I would be interested to see Coach McDonald's lifetime stats. I would have to think that stack up with the best of them. I know her team's have one 2 overall 9th region championships and several small schools.

 

How could the administration let her go? If I was St. Henry, I know where my next call would be.

 

Interesting statement so I went to the KHSAA website which lists records for the last 10 years. Here is what I found;

 

Overall record: 200-98

Titles: 5 "All A" region titles. 3 appearances in the championship game.

2 ninth region titles. (This happens to tie her with Nell Fookes for the most of active coaches in the region.)

 

In looking at this I would say it looks pretty good for a school with probably 400-450 students.

Interesting statement so I went to the KHSAA website which lists records for the last 10 years. Here is what I found;

 

Overall record: 200-98

Titles: 5 "All A" region titles. 3 appearances in the championship game.

2 ninth region titles. (This happens to tie her with Nell Fookes for the most of active coaches in the region.)

 

In looking at this I would say it looks pretty good for a school with probably 400-450 students.

 

I knew they would be impressive!!!

My daughter is 14 months. I have no personal like or dislike of Mcdonald as a coach. I can't say that she is a very good teacher but that's not the topic. I just know many people are happy that this happened. It should make life easier for McDonald as well. Good luck BREDS!!

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote and content

It is a shame if she is leaving because of negative parental influences. I am sure she is looking forward to watching and enjoying her own children play a variety of athletics. Her record and accomplishments speak for themselves. Good Luck to Coach McDonald and we will look forward to cheering on our children together!

Is she still going to stay as a teacher or is she leaving NewCath totally?

  • Author
Wow!!!!!!!! Any other details yet? This is a major opening that could draw some big names.

 

I think this is a good thing. The parents have been wanting her gone for years. Not to many people are a fan of Mcdonalds on the hill for several reasons. This might be a good thing for all parties involved. I say talk "Big C" Carl Foster into coming back. Think what he could have done with some of the talent the girls on the hill had the past ten years.

 

Who might these big names be in your opinion?

 

What a shame! This just goes to prove that no matter how many games a coach wins or titles they win everyone is never happy! My guess would be a disgruntled parent over playing time or going back a few yrs ago, moving up a player that caused some older players bench time. Which IMO, they deserved to be on the bench behind this talented point guard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.