Newport Central Catholic 2008/2009

If someone could invent something to make all of the guys grow 5 inches it would surely help! ;)

NCC will be small again, they have been abysmal free throw shooting team for a couple of years now, they definitely need to improve on that.

B/c of their size they will need to step up the tempo on offense, IMO, and improve on defense, IMO.

So basically almost everything every other team needs to do, :)

The Breds return a very good backcourt in Pangallo and Connor. Matt Giesler is a 6'2" forward who started at the end of the season. Shawn Meyer hit some big shots last year, including a buzzer beater against Trinity and will likely play the 3. Seniors Olberding and Roll will compete for the center position, along with Jake Giesler. Jake is a 6'5" soph who will be very good. NewCath should have some decent depth after winning the JV Regional last year. As always, they will play a very competitive schedule and compete for the All A. They only have a few footballers on the roster, so they should get an earlier start than usual.

The Breds return a very good backcourt in Pangallo and Connor. Matt Giesler is a 6'2" forward who started at the end of the season. Shawn Meyer hit some big shots last year, including a buzzer beater against Trinity and will likely play the 3. Seniors Olberding and Roll will compete for the center position, along with Jake Giesler. Jake is a 6'5" soph who will be very good. NewCath should have some decent depth after winning the JV Regional last year. As always, they will play a very competitive schedule and compete for the All A. They only have a few footballers on the roster, so they should get an earlier start than usual.

Jake Geisler has a great opportunity to step up and be a varsity contributor. At 6'5" he has the ability to play the post and he can also step out and stroke the 3 point shot. Jake is going to be a force over the next couple of years.

Scoring on the post is a concern I'm sure for Brannen. Guards will be very good in Pangallo, Conner and Meyer. Conner and Meyer can stroke it and Pangallo if he can get his assist to turnover ratio where it needs to be will be hard to stop. Im hearing a lot abot the Geisler boys. Stepping in as a Soph and contributing will not be as easy as some think especially with the schedule NCC plays but I would think Jake G will be there by the end of the year.

Scoring on the post is a concern I'm sure for Brannen. Guards will be very good in Pangallo, Conner and Meyer. Conner and Meyer can stroke it and Pangallo if he can get his assist to turnover ratio where it needs to be will be hard to stop. Im hearing a lot abot the Geisler boys. Stepping in as a Soph and contributing will not be as easy as some think especially with the schedule NCC plays but I would think Jake G will be there by the end of the year.

I couldn't agree more! I do think Oleberding will the "X factor" if you will being the most physical/toughest inside player they have at this point. NCC will have to run to compete which will certainly be an issue for the Giesler boys but fun for Pangallo/Connor/Meyer!!!!!

I couldn't agree more! I do think Oleberding will the "X factor" if you will being the most physical/toughest inside player they have at this point. NCC will have to run to compete which will certainly be an issue for the Giesler boys but fun for Pangallo/Connor/Meyer!!!!!

Run and gun is what I'm thinking. Heck, why not? :banana:

The one challenge I see for NC is that their guards are stationary scorers. Play them nose-to-nose and they don't seem to score.

That's why God invented the pick! They should try it......it's worked for years!!!:thumb:

I agree that Ollberding could play a big role and he is willing to do the dirty work by playing great defense and be the enforcer inside. I just hope his back holds out, he's been having some trouble with it recently and is not playing football because of it.

The one challenge I see for NC is that their guards are stationary scorers. Play them nose-to-nose and they don't seem to score.

May be true for Conner, but Pangallo and Meyer are better off the dribble.

They had big guys who could provide the tuffnest that they needed.

Unless something changes they will be very week on the inside.

You can't keep kids from graduating. They'll actually be bigger than last year, maybe not as experience inside however, but much stronger than most teams. Mike Keirnan will make sure of that.

You can't keep kids from graduating. They'll actually be bigger than last year, maybe not as experience inside however, but much stronger than most teams. Mike Keirnan will make sure of that.
Ben Parr and Greg Willet will do a nice job if the coach keeps football players. Edited by STRIKE3
edited content