Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SKINPIG

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SKINPIG

  1. Might as well spill all the beans Rasputin, where's he going?
  2. I'll say it's a mixture of both. Clay's young QB along with some others have put in a lot of extra time and work in the offense along with coach Stepp. Aaron has pulled his hair out making the switcharoo to the "air" game, really, have you seen his head lately. As Son Of Bear says, their numbers were not so crazy against the better teams, although I think they did rack up some near crazy numbers at Ashland in the playoffs in 05 when the QB was a freshman. Their numbers have still been ok when playing the better teams in the district, just not crazy. IMO Stepp & his staff deserves much of the credit for reviving the program at Clay, he's got one more hurdle to cross though...Get a senior class bigger than 6 or 7. Here in the mountains these days it's tough to keep em playing for some reason. I've noticed the decline in numbers on a lot of rosters. Clay's numbers are growing somewhat, but the older guys ain't sticking. I think Stepp and the Tigers have a chance to make a run at the district title on 07 and that will help "keep em playing" more than anything.
  3. I don't have a clue how to pick this one. I haven't seen KC this year. Elam will be working the refs hard in this one, I say Clay in a very close one.
  4. Big schools have financial problems as well as small ones. If the money made from a regional tourney where a "small" school gets slaughtered is enough to "rely" on to provide for your student body, then the school either needs to close it's doors or suck it up and find/raise the funding needed. If a school is in such a shape that they vote to draw their district in order to provide for their students...They've got much bigger problems.
  5. No it is not fair! It's not about a small school getting a chunk of the region money...It's about your district and region being represented by the best teams. It's a joke and it shows the small school's selfishnish and ignorance. We have the same problem here in the 49th with a couple of self serving small schools. Maybe we should raise some money and buy these guys out of playing in the post season at all, they'll probably except. It's not about their student athletes competing, it's about their back pockets. Sickening.:mad:
  6. Here's mine. 1. South Laurel 2. Bell 3. Corbin 4. Clay 5. KC 6. Jackson May have to do some shuffling after Tuesday night. The Clay/Bell game is too close for me to call but whoever wins that one will solidify my #2 spot.
  7. I am in no way trying to discredit Bell County basketball by this post, but I can’t understand why most people are putting them up there with South Laurel and so far above everybody else in the region. They beat Corbin (Knox beat Corbin) by six at home, lost by three to Shelby Valley, beat Leslie by three, lost by one to June Buck and lost one of their best players to Auburn. The rest of their schedule is uneventful. I may be wrong, but I just don’t think they’ve proved they are that much better than the rest of the teams in the region. Can you explain Les? I haven't seen Bell yet.
  8. I am in no way trying to discredit Bell County basketball by this post, but I can’t understand why most people are putting them up there with South Laurel and so far above everybody else in the region. They beat Corbin (who Knox beat) by six at home, lost by three to Shelby Valley, beat Leslie by three, lost by one to June Buck and lost one of their best players to Auburn. The rest of their schedule is uneventful. I may be wrong, but I just don’t think they’ve proved they are that much better than the rest of the teams in the region.
  9. Clay simply needs more players on the team (less players going both ways). Depending on how hard a few younger guys work during the off-season, they might be a little short up front offensively. In skilled positions they should match up with any other team in the new district. With a lot of hard work, a few position changes and a few big corn fed boys coming along, I look for Clay to make a run at the district title in 07.
  10. Don't act like you don't know Log Mtn Boy!:sssh:
  11. Why hasn't Zach Lewis (Soph) from Clay made any lists? IMO he's a better all around player than many that's been mentioned.
  12. Clay's not in!?!?!? Why not?:confused:
  13. I'll go with Clay County to win the WYMT this year.
  14. The Mercer coaches, players and fans should be proud of their championship...Should there be a asterisk? No! Is it somewhat tainted? Unfortunately yes.
  15. This should be a real slobbernocker. I think the offensive line of Rockcastle will be the difference in the game. Rock 21 Bell 10
  16. Matt Dobbs does a great job on both sides of the ball as well as Phillip Dunn for the Clay County Tigers. Both are in the top of the state in receiving and play very good defense. Byron Bragg has rushed for over a thousand yards and has some receiving numbers also to go along with his special team stats. Mathew Smith also does a great job going both ways on the line.
  17. Raising your voice is one thing, cussing is cussing, degrading is something else. I've had alot of coaches in my time, one of which is in the hall of fame and they all cussed. I never felt like I was being degraded and I never lost respect for them because they used profanity. It did "tick" me off sometimes and it offended others. You can't get through life without getting "ticked" off or offended so there is no sense in running from it. IMO it's something you learn to deal with. Is it necessary? No.
  18. Give me a break! Give every student at your school a brand new computer and a new laptop to take home, you will still have vitually the same number of poor, average and above average students at the school. Give someone in your county 10 million dollars, you will still have kids running around without coats in the winter. Money will not change the fact that people will always exist at different levels. As far as real grass or plastic. I prefer real grass. Since when has high school football been expected to be played on a perfect surface? As much as we gripe about a muddy field now, I look for tackling to be against the rules within 20 years.
  19. This will probably get this thread closed, but you could say that MS was just another easy apponent on Clays schedule. Us pigs have never been known for our manners or "Class". OINK! OINK!
  20. Maybe, maybe not. One thing is certain though, Clay will play at least one more game than Madison Southern this year.
  21. Yes! Like this one. There were some pretty bad looking fields accross the state. The East Jessamine field was worse than the Clay County field. This was a big win for the Tigers, the field is what it is, there's nothing we can do now till spring. Some of you guys need to find something else to moan and groan about, it's getting old.:sleep:
  22. It's amazing what idiots will say on here and I am one of the biggest. Apologies to all. Coach Stepp and his staff are doing a great job. His staff is regarded in coaching circles as being very sound. Clay County should feel lucky to have them, I think a lot of others would love to have them.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.