Everything posted by SKINPIG
-
Clay Co. Coaching Search
I've heard Spurlock's name mentioned, I'm just not sure if he officially applied. If he has applied, I think he would make us good one.:thumb:
-
Clay Co. Coaching Search
Some say they're scrounging around trying to come up with salary dollars for one of the applicants. I hope that's not true. If the BOE can't afford him now, we don't need him! I don't have a clue as to who it will be...I wonder if anybody in Clay County has a clue????
-
Clay Co. Coaching Search
No word yet. Seems like they're dragging their feet to me. I think 9 coaches applied and they may be down to 2 or 3. I don't understand the stall though, maybe they want some more to choose from. I honestly don't think they will get any more applicants so it makes no sense to me. Rumor is they don't want a young coach, would rather have a seasoned one. Here are some names thats been thrown around. 1. Randy McCoy 2. Jerry Combs 3. Woods (Wayne Co.) 4. Toby Curry 5. Todd Messer 6. Butcher (Cumberland Col.) 7. Greg Parrott (Now at Owsley) Some guy from Tenn and one or two more I can't think of right now. Clay will be naming three new head coaches this summer, Boys BKB, Boys BB, Girls BKB. Maybe they won't name them till next summer, who knows??
-
13th Championship: South Laurel v. Middlesboro
Who will be pitching? I know of a couple pitchers for South that could get pounded by the Jackets.
-
Clay Co. 11 North Laurel 2
I hate to sound like a dry-sack but If I were Clay or North Laurel, I would never schedule Jackson, OBI or Red Bird in ANY sporting event again. Does that sound a little drastic?
-
Clay's Glen Gray steps down
Yes. I'm pretty sure he went to South Carolina first. I think he was a freshman the last year Fogler was coach. I'm not 100% sure on this.
-
OJ Mayo to enroll at...................
OJ was spotted in Manchester Ky over the weekend. Huggins was nowhere to be seen. Would he actually consider playing at Clay, or does he just have some folks in the area?
-
South Laurel Coach Steps down
Coaches are always looking. I expect the Clay County Admin to "Stepp" up to the plate and really support our sports programs over the next few years. With all the young talent in the county right now, look for great things (in all sports) in the near future.
-
Who is going to be the best quarterback in the state next year??
Clay's young QB is Zach Lewis, and yes, he will be a Soph next year.
-
Queen City Classic
Clay 11 Harlan 1
-
Vote on # of Football Classes
Best idea I've heard yet. :thumb:
-
Why can't the games get started on time????
I've noticed the same thing Jim. Should the umpire make sure the game starts on time?
-
Jim Hicks to Fleming??
You just never know.
-
Jim Hicks to Fleming??
Where then? PM me if you want.
-
Jim Hicks to Fleming??
I'm hearing Conway from North Laurel is heading to Fleming.
-
Clay County 63 South Laurel 52
Your guess is correct, at this time it means nothing to me. I don't care if they beat them 10 out of 10. With Corbin losing one of their best players and the way South has been playing lately, right now South is better than Corbin IMO. But Corbin is still alive and South is practicing softball monday.
-
Clay County 63 South Laurel 52
SKOOLY was not going to be denied, she simply took control of the game. Sarah Burchell comes off the bench and plays her heart out, good job Sarah. South played well and IMO they are the second best team in the 13th. Corbin played good today as well, Clay better be ready.
-
South Laurel 47 Barbourville 46
Super effort by both teams! I must say, B'ville is much better than I thought they were. I think the 13th was a little tougher than we all thought at the start of the season. B'ville, Clay & North could win a few regions in the state and Corbin ain't no push-over.
-
13th Region Final Four
NL 51 SL 48 Clay 62 B'ville 54 Final NL 108 Clay 107 3OT If South gets by the upset. SL 76 Clay 69
-
North Laurel/South Laurel predictions
North gets the upset! NL 71 SL 69
-
13th Region Tournament Host
I guess it depends on where you're from. If you live close the traffic don't bother you as bad. The sessions are split to insure everyone that wants to see their team will have an opportunity to get in. There will ALWAYS be gripes about passes (who cares?). Corbin radio guys will ALWAYS find something to cry about. If the Corbin radio guys have some way of checking, I'll bet they will find that this is one of the best attended 13th regional tournaments in a long time. Other than a few people having to walk 1500 feet, nothing is wrong!
-
Clay 58 Corbin 49
I thought the officiating has been quite good. I hope you guys don't expect perfection. Two thumbs up to the stripes from the 15th.
-
Can Clay County be beaten in the 13th?
They can be beaten but it's not likely. IMO Corbin has the best chance and Clay coasted to a 22 point victory in their last contest.
-
Clay 68 North Laurel 65
Here is an explanation as to why a technical was not called on Clay. After reviewing the tape it looks like this...As the Clay parent was going to get pop-corn a North parent tipped him and gave him a shove which resulted in the poor guy falling over the table and sliding on to the floor where he was quickly apprehended and escorted out of the gym. So actually, the technical should have been called on North Laurel. Thing is, the refs didn't see any of it. That's why no technical was called. Thank You
-
Clay 68 North Laurel 65
I disagree. As 51513 said, what if they draw each other in the first game sometime when they are clearly 1 & 2? The district can also schedule a one game round robin in the regular season which only ties up 4 games. If they schedule home & home then that's still just eight games out of 27...Plenty room to design your schedule any way you would like. I might be PIG HEADED but there is NO WAY you can fairly rationalize a blind draw to me. A blind draw is best suited for horsed shoe tournaments an such, not basketball! I'll say it again. It's feathered and fries up golden brown. OINK!