South Laurel Coach Steps down

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this over the weekend and was shocked. But I understand that Jep is moving towards his future goals and this is one of those steps. What I know about his move is not official so I will not comment, but hope for the only best for him. I was shocked to hear this as well. He did a fantastic job at South Laurel and hope this is the best move for he and his family.

Are there any assistants on the staff that are ready to take a program over??

It is very late in year for a HC search. It would seem that the best move, if possible, would be to hire someone from within. . .

Depends on who has stepped down with him. There is only one I can think of, and I had heard that he would not be interested as he was moving out of state before this was even announced.

I heard that Irwin was taking an OC job for a large high school in Alabama. This sounds like an excellent opportunity for him. He's got a very sharp offensive mind, and could use this to springboard his career. Good Luck to him, and to SL in the hiring of a good replacement. My guess is that DC Jim Brown would be the front runner.

I heard that Irwin was taking an OC job for a large high school in Alabama. This sounds like an excellent opportunity for him. He's got a very sharp offensive mind, and could use this to springboard his career. Good Luck to him, and to SL in the hiring of a good replacement. My guess is that DC Jim Brown would be the front runner.

Is he going to Hoover or Pelham?? I know that both of those schools have ties to the offensive system that he ran at South.

Is he going to Hoover or Pelham?? I know that both of those schools have ties to the offensive system that he ran at South.

I have no clue, and keep in mind that what I've heard is not necessarily correct, it's just what I've "heard".