South Laurel Coach Steps down

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is the first question of this type. Rummors or not I don't know. Question based off of a graduating SL player.

1. Bolwing may be going to Al with Jep (parents may be going there this weekend to look around)

2. Coach Brown is going to move to GA to be close to Cory

3. Coach Roberts is going to be working full time so can't coach

4. Jantzee (sp) upset at getting beat out by a freshman is moving to NL which in turn has made Stuber quit at NL

what is up

I am very happy for Jep to have this oppturnitunity but will miss him.

Ok here is the first question of this type. Rummors or not I don't know. Question based off of a graduating SL player.

1. Bolwing may be going to Al with Jep (parents may be going there this weekend to look around)

2. Coach Brown is going to move to GA to be close to Cory

3. Coach Roberts is going to be working full time so can't coach

4. Jantzee (sp) upset at getting beat out by a freshman is moving to NL which in turn has made Stuber quit at NL

what is up

I am very happy for Jep to have this oppturnitunity but will miss him.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I have talked to Stuber and his family and this had no bearing on his decision whatsoever. You need to have your facts straight before making up this garbage.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I have talked to Stuber and his family and this had no bearing on his decision whatsoever. You need to have your facts straight before making up this garbage.

I spoke to the Stuber family as well, and they told me it had no bearing on his quitting.

I know one coach to the south that is glad to see Jep leaving, won 3 straight against him.

:sssh:

I think that trend may have ended this season whether Coach Irwin left or not. The team you speak of brings back a lot of talent which gained valuable experience last season. South still has some awfully solid players, but they lost some good ones as well. It may be their year to end that streak against the Cardinals, especially now with a new coach and staff on the horizon.

I know one coach to the south that is glad to see Jep leaving, won 3 straight against him.

I heard there was a party in Corbin Monday night after the news broke and that the Corbin coaches are helping Coach Irwin pack as we speak.

I heard there was a party in Corbin Monday night after the news broke and that the Corbin coaches are helping Coach Irwin pack as we speak.

:laugh:

If you were a Corbin coach, wouldn't you!!! I am sure they are not upset to see a coach leave who has put 3 straight losses on them. I hate to see him go, but wish him only the best of luck in 'Bama! :thumb:

I have been waiting for you to post as you have always been very knowledgeable about the SL athletic programs, especially the football team. Is there any truth to Bowlings family contemplating a move to Alabama? I would hate to see him go and miss watching him play for 3 more seasons at South Laurel.

I have been waiting for you to post as you have always been very knowledgeable about the SL athletic programs, especially the football team. Is there any truth to Bowlings family contemplating a move to Alabama? I would hate to see him go and miss watching him play for 3 more seasons at South Laurel.

I don't know about that situation, but here is a sample of the wild rumors I have heard this week -

1. SL will drop football as a sport

2. Every coach on the staff is going to AL with Coach Irwin

3. Coach Irwin is going to coach at the University of Alabama

4. Coach Irwin was fired

5. Coach Irwin is going to coach at Troy University

Of course, knowing him, 3 and 5 would be OK, too.

I do know for a fact that interest in the job has been high, and that some candidates have already been on campus informally, but I don't know any names. It appears the administration is moving quickly to find a quality replacement.

How did Pelham High School do this year under Coach Burnett?

According to the AHSAA website, won six games, made the playoffs, and played in the toughest region (district) in the state with Hoover, Vestavia Hills, Spain Park, and Mountain Brook on the schedule. They lost to Tusc. County in the playoffs. I think this was their first winning season in a while.