North Laurel/South Laurel predictions

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South should win this one big, ... but, ... North will give them a run, at least for a while. I am impressed with North when they play an entire game. They have a tendency to coast if they get up big, or dig themselves into a big hole, and climb most of the way out. I think they will come out fired up against their crosstown rival and make this a good game. Their tough schedule has made them battle ready. But I just don't think they have enough weapons to pull off the upset in the postseason. I think South wins, but in a closer game than many expect.

SL 74

NL 65

North gets the upset!

NL 71

SL 69

Now that would be an upset! I know that they will be fired up for the game, but I am sure that South will be as well. I do believe it will be closer than many think. Asher having 13 pts and 15 rebs the other night shows that he is ready to play and could be the key inside to take some of the heat off of Carson and Allen at the guard spots having to play against 2 much bigger guards in Proffitt and Hammonds. Walt had trouble containing Asher in their first meeting. I love to watch those to bang on each other, then hug each other after the game. Classy!!!

In their last 6 games, both teams are 5-1. South's lone loss was to Boyle County and North's was to Clay County. I really believe that if North can withstand the 2nd & 3rd quarters, and enter the 4th within single digits, they could pulls this one out as their confidence would be very high if they were right in there at the end. In their past 2 games, South normally had one outstanding quarter and just kept North at bay for the remainder of the game. I still think South wins, but just a few thoughts on this one.

I think North can handle the ball aganist South's pressure. If they can get out on the shooters, and stop them in transition they might have a chance. It's kind of a lose-lose situation for Clay County. (If we can get by B-Ville.) Because if South wins your playing South, and if North wins you have beat them twice, and it always hard to beat a team 3 times in a row. All I know is Friday night will be a great night for basketball in Manchester. Good luck to all four teams!!

SL-70

NL-69

Walt Allen on a putback off of his missed shot just like last year in the semi's.

Are they playing in the semi's? Are they not in the same district?

No. That's really a logical move by the KHSAA. Two teams located in the same city...5 miles apart...placed in separate districts.:rolleyes:

I'm sure the Bullitt County schools are really happy about all 3 of them being placed in the same district in their new region.