North Laurel/South Laurel predictions

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% that the Laurel County schools voted not to play other district schools twice. Steve Wright wanted to play other competition. However it was a crock of crap. He got enough competition from the schools in somerset to prepare him for the post season. To not play District opponets twice ( home and away) while seeding districts is ludicrus. If wright wanted to play better competition he shouldn't have kept some those cupcake teams on his schedule. I mean we are only talking about 3 more games since he already played North Twice. It could have been done, should have been done, and now that the Laurels and somerset are out of the district it is done.

I wonder if it was Laurel co. money that got them placed in the 12th in the first place?

Playing against schools you are better than does not make you better, therefore shooting holes in your "crock of crap" statement. Playing PC, SW and SHS twice in the regular season would've been a waste from SL's standpoint in recent years.

I will give you credit that last year South was dominant over the schools in the district. But look at their schedule last year and I can find 3 games on it that Sw PC and Sset were just ias good as the teams Laurels played.

It is a Crock of crap that the district seeding was done by a one game schedule. It should have been either a home and away or a blind draw. That way the schedule advantage teams have one year does not come into play.

What I guess we should have done is just draw for the district and that way Steve Wright could open up his schedule for 3 more "competive" games.

Its that kind of arrogance that we in the 48th district do not miss.

Everybody knows the three Internationals were recruited by a NL Booster. However, it did not pay off as SL went to the State and won it last year.

The ironic thing is that Fields transferred in from North Laurel helped lead South to their state championship run. Without Fields I dont think South Laurel would have won their first round game in the State Tournament.

Can you say Carma

Heck If North Laurel had Fields in the middle last year I am not for sure North Laurel wouldn't have won the Region

The ironic thing is that Fields transferred in from North Laurel helped lead South to their state championship run. Without Fields I dont think South Laurel would have won their first round game in the State Tournament.

Can you say Carma

Heck If North Laurel had Fields in the middle last year I am not for sure North Laurel wouldn't have won the Region

You could be right, you just never know. If UK had a stud power forward, they wouldn't be 20-11. More like 26-5.

Playing against schools you are better than does not make you better, therefore shooting holes in your "crock of crap" statement. Playing PC, SW and SHS twice in the regular season would've been a waste from SL's standpoint in recent years.

I totally agree with you Jim. Playing PC, Somerset and PSW twice a season would have benefited South on one thing and that's a higher rating in the Cantrall's then a first round exit in the state. I would rather take my lumps against a Lexington Catholic and learn something from a loss than beat the three Pulaski schools and lay claim that I'm the king of Pulaski County.

Can you say Carma

Imagine if Fields wouldn't have left Clay County. Him and Mitchell in the middle, with Jones, Patterson, and Bowling at guards. That would have been a good team. They would have probably walked through the 13th.

South and North Laurel are in the 13th region now and geographically probably should be. They should be district and regional contenders every year, but I think that you have to look at it as a good thing if you are in Corbin or Clay Co.'s position as district opponents with the two of them. If you are not good enough to beat them, then you don't deserve a district or regional crown anyway. Every time that I have heard Coach P. talk about it, he has had nothing but positives to say about the redistricting.

I am not saying that South Laurel doesnt benefits by playing better competition such as Lex. Cath. Ballard etc., I agree these schools helped prepare them for their state tournament run.

What I am saying is that rather than playing whitley, lynn camp, bell they should have played PC, Somerset and SW again. or they should have played no regular season match ups and just drawn for the district seeding. Then they could have played 3 more teams like Lex. Cath. to even better prepare themselves for the state.

Hey Les do you have the North VS South matchup record? I know that south lead's the series but north does have a few win's recorded down somewhere.

South's on a mission to get back to state, don't be suprised if you see three cardinals with double figures tonight. I think the jag's will handle the press to an extent but will throw up slopy shot's. Look for the cardinals to win it by 15 or more.