North Laurel/South Laurel predictions

No. That's really a logical move by the KHSAA. Two teams located in the same city...5 miles apart...placed in separate districts.:rolleyes:

I'm sure the Bullitt County schools are really happy about all 3 of them being placed in the same district in their new region.

South and North Laurel High Schools are closer than 5 miles apart, unless I am badly mistaken.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. That's really a logical move by the KHSAA. Two teams located in the same city...5 miles apart...placed in separate districts.:rolleyes:

I'm sure the Bullitt County schools are really happy about all 3 of them being placed in the same district in their new region.

I'd say about 3 miles, I drove threw there the other day. I looked to my right and seen South and then just a minute or two later looked right again and there was North. Very weird :eek: that they aernt in the same distric. I guess it better th chances on both making it to region and meeting in the finals.

I'd say that the rest of the 13th would have been happier with NL, SL, Corbin, & Clay all in the same district.

Yeah, from some of the protestations, you can see these schools liked their baby-soft districts they had in the past.

Yeah, from some of the protestations, you can see these schools liked their baby-soft districts they had in the past.

True, but the 13th region has still been kinder than some of the 12th region teams (mostly 48th district) that did lobby for both the Laurel County teams to be moved. I think that the districts they are in would rather have one of them and not both.

I wonder how their old district (48th) likes not having them around anymore. They seem to be very pleased!!! ;)

True, but the 13th region has still been kinder than some of the 12th region teams (mostly 48th district) that did lobby for both the Laurel County teams to be moved. I think that the districts they are in would rather have one of them and not both.

I wonder how their old district (48th) likes not having them around anymore. They seem to be very pleased!!! ;)

I am glad they are gone. I wish both them well, but I am glad we dont have to deal with them anymore. ( international teams, transfers in from Miami,) Glad they are gone.

It never made since to me why the laurel Co schools were in the 48th district and Rockcastle was in the 13th region When Mt. Vernon is closer to somerset.

I am glad they are gone. I wish both them well, but I am glad we dont have to deal with them anymore. ( international teams, transfers in from Miami,) Glad they are gone.

It never made since to me why the laurel Co schools were in the 48th district and Rockcastle was in the 13th region When Mt. Vernon is closer to somerset.

Let's correct a few things. There was 1 transfer from Miami (at SL - Johan Rivera) not multiple as you imply. The foreign exchange controversy at NL was dealt with and is over and was 1 year having 3 (this was indefensible) and the next having 1 (and there were numerous teams that season with 1-2 exchange players as well), who didn't even get to play from the Oak Hill game thru the postseason.

In the entire history of the 12th region, this was all you could dredge up? 1 to 2 seasons with controversy? Come on, it goes WAY deeper than that. This just gave those teams who disliked the Laurel County teams anyway a springboard issue to get them evicted from the 12th. There was no love lost way before those issues every came about.

I do agree that it didn't seem to make sense that Rock was in the 13th and North/South were in the 12th. But not just because Mt Vernon is slightly closer to Somerset than Laurel County, ... but how can you have Rock driving thru Laurel County, right past NL high school to Clay County and past SL to Corbin, Whitley County, Bell County, etc. But let's not kid ourselves that geography had NOTHING to do with why this move was made. We are both smarter than that! ;)

You are correct there was 1 transfer in from miami, and true enough the international deal was delt with eventually. However My school played against rivera, the austrailian national team, and the shilo flash aka Dillion. and we Lost in each of those contests. I do not HATE the Laurel Co. schools, I was for South Laurel in last years state championship game.

I am just glad that we in the 12th region do not have to deal with them

anymore. We now play home and away to determine district seeding. The Laurel Co. schools along with somerset didn't want to do that. So we played one game to determine district seeds. Which was stupid.

I dont know the reason why they were placed in the 13th. But geographically it is where they should be. So I guess they corrected a longstanding inequity.

Oh by the way I think Sl will win by 7.

You are correct there was 1 transfer in from miami, and true enough the international deal was delt with eventually. However My school played against rivera, the austrailian national team, and the shilo flash aka Dillion. and we Lost in each of those contests. I do not HATE the Laurel Co. schools, I was for South Laurel in last years state championship game.

I am just glad that we in the 12th region do not have to deal with them

anymore. We now play home and away to determine district seeding. The Laurel Co. schools along with somerset didn't want to do that. So we played one game to determine district seeds. Which was stupid.

I dont know the reason why they were placed in the 13th. But geographically it is where they should be. So I guess they corrected a longstanding inequity.

Oh by the way I think Sl will win by 7.

The australian national team as you have deemed them had all of 1 player from Australia (Mansour), 1 from Lithuania and 1 from Iceland. Dillon was the next season and he was from Australia.

The Laurel County schools wanted to only play 1 district game per opponent (except for each other) so that they had more games available to schedule some of the better out of district opponents to prepare for postseason play.

I agree that noone knows why they were in the 12th region, but it was like that when I was in high school. The new regions probably do make more geographic sense. But that is not why this was done. It was a good excuse, and did make sense, but we all know that the KHSAA doesn't always make decisions based on what makes sense! Otherwise, they would have done that a long time ago not just after those incidents you mentioned. ;)

South has much more experience than North. Allen wont let South lose this one.

SL - 75

NL - 68

Smith will be a bigger factor on defense for the Cards. Asher for NL is quicker and stronger than Walt but Walt has more game savy and experience when they are matched up. Asher was able to score on Walt in their meetings this season but Walt could also score on Shawn using his court experience. However, while Asher is much stronger and quicker than Trey Smith, Trey's length really gives Shawn a lot of trouble. I expect to see Smith on Asher a little more and to see Howard from NL trying to play Walt. Edge goes to Walt with his savy in that matchup. I think South wins this in a what could be a much closer game than most think. 7 pts is probably about right.

The australian national team as you have deemed them had all of 1 player from Australia (Mansour), 1 from Lithuania and 1 from Iceland. Dillon was the next season and he was from Australia.

The Laurel County schools wanted to only play 1 district game per opponent (except for each other) so that they had more games available to schedule some of the better out of district opponents to prepare for postseason play.

I agree that noone knows why they were in the 12th region, but it was like that when I was in high school. The new regions probably do make more geographic sense. But that is not why this was done. It was a good excuse, and did make sense, but we all know that the KHSAA doesn't always make decisions based on what makes sense! Otherwise, they would have done that a long time ago not just after those incidents you mentioned. ;)

I agree 100% that the Laurel County schools voted not to play other district schools twice. Steve Wright wanted to play other competition. However it was a crock of crap. He got enough competition from the schools in somerset to prepare him for the post season. To not play District opponets twice ( home and away) while seeding districts is ludicrus. If wright wanted to play better competition he shouldn't have kept some those cupcake teams on his schedule. I mean we are only talking about 3 more games since he already played North Twice. It could have been done, should have been done, and now that the Laurels and somerset are out of the district it is done.

I wonder if it was Laurel co. money that got them placed in the 12th in the first place?