Everything posted by SKINPIG
-
Knox Central 40 Clay County 28
Coach Mills, his staff and team played a great game. KC seemed to want it more. In no way was SKINPIG trying to imply that KC didn't deserve any credit for the huge win.:thumb:
-
Knox Central 40 Clay County 28
You say that you wish Clay had a healthy team, I wish they had an older team. Things like this will happen to a young team. I don't know the average age of the Clay starters, but I know it's not old enough. I do believe the outcome would have been different had all our players been on the field, but that's something you have to overcome. Clay had all the momentum early and let a turnover get in their heads. When Knox got the MO, they kept the MO. The Clay program needs to figure out how to get their average age up (I wish I had the answer) or this will continue to happen. It's a trend that needs to end. Don't get me wrong, the young players do a great job, but they're young. The key to the Clay program is keeping their classes together. Stepp & staff have cleared a lot of humps while building the program, when they clear the "age" hump is when it will all come together.
-
Knox Central / Clay County predictions
You're having some problems getting over that one aren't you 3wishes. Even if Clay did play a couple of sophs, is it worth all the moaning and groaning? It was a freshman game for crying out loud, let's move on.:irked:
-
Knox Central / Clay County predictions
I think what he's saying is; If Clay was padding stats, they could have done a lot more padding in a few games. You can call it padding all you want, but there's not another team in the state that would pull their state leading sophomore QB out of the the game any sooner than Clay has. Weather it's padding, exposure or game snaps for a young QB, it doesn't matter! Some people will find something negative to say every time someone other than their own has a lot of success.
-
Clay County 60 Perry Central 36
The Clay JV was on the verge of scoring on Perrys' JV late in the 4th when the first string defense for Perry come in to stop the score.
-
Clay County 60 Perry Central 36
Perry scored 6 in the 2nd, 6 in the 3rd and 24 in the 4th. No stat padding going on in this one. The FACT is, it could have been 100 to 12 if Clay does what most of YOU think they do. The offense of Clay could practically do whatever they wanted in the air or on the ground. I think Lewis was 22 of 28 for around 460 yards, not official, just a guess. Clays' JV (O & D) played 33% of the game. Name me a team thats ever had a very good young QB and a very good corp of recievers that took those players out of the game as soon as possible. I don't think you will be able to. Call it padding if you want, I call it getting all the snaps possible for a sophomore QB that has a bright future, same for the receivers. If Clay Padded like most think, Clays' numbers would be unreal.
-
Perry Central vs Clay County predictions:
I do remember the radio guy trying to over-hype it when Stepp was on the show, it was all stepp could do to play it down. You know those radio guys, they tend to hype stuff up.
-
Perry Central vs Clay County predictions:
I live in Clay county, and I can't recall anyone in Clay County building the game up as the Super Bowl!?!?!?! I'm sure Clay would liked to have won the game to go 2-0 in the district, but the Super Bowl??????? I don't recall.
-
What is your opinion?
He needs to take it for what it's worth, NOTHING!
-
Perry Central vs Clay County predictions:
If Clay can get over their whipping last Friday they will be fine, if not, it could be a long night for the Tigers. The Tigers can't have any long-face/head-hanging going on this week.
-
Rockcastle County 61 Clay County 13
Rockcastle completely controled the line of scrimmage. Clay gets to 20-13 in the 2nd qtr but started turning the ball over. The rockets offensive line is awesome. Clay needs to lick their wounds and get ready for Perry. I don't know any stats but Clay moved the ball pretty good, right up till they turned it over & over & over.
-
Clay County's Zach Lewis...Check out these stats!!!!!
Good point! I've seen some so-called good teams that couldn't put up those kind of numbers in practice.
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
Clay's first varsity season was the 77-78 school year. They played JV only in 75-76 & 76-77.
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
Is that the Absolutely Preposterous poll????
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
Correct me if I'm wrong. Week ten next year was supposed to be Clay vs Corbin. Corbin picks up Somerset instead of Clay leaving Clay looking for a week ten apponent.
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
NO respect?????
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
I bet they played 7 or 8 seniors in the game. It would be impossible for Clay's freshman to ever compete with rocks 9th graders. I think last years 8th grade team at Clay started 4 or 5 sophomores.
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
I hope you're not from Corbin, cause that would be an awful brash statement if you were.
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
If you have anything to do with it, see if you can get Corbin scheduled up with Clay next year. I think Clay has a bunch of empty dates right now. Clay would LOVE to play Corbin Next year.
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
McCreary????? What's your deal Coach?
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
I think I can speak for Clay on this one. I'm not saying Clay would win, but yes, the Tigers would like to have a go at Johnson Central.
-
Madison Southern 20 Knox Central 19
A botched fake punt by the Panthers (early and up 7) that led to a 60 yard TD for southern, came back to haunt the Panthers late. The Panthers led 19 - 6 in the third.
-
Rockcastle and Clay Predictions (Freshman)
Five short years ago Clay dressed 25 players in an 0-10 season. This year they are 5-0 and I think the roster has 51. Over the past five years there has been a steady growth in the program and the county-wide enthusiasm has grown right with it. Senior numbers are going up each year and the younger classes are full of young men chomping at the bits to be varsity players. Kudos to coach Stepp and his staff for steadily building a football program that Clay County deserves. "When will it stop?" that fresman will be used; At this pace, I'd say SOON.
-
Best running back in region 4 class AAA...
I haven't seen all the backs in the region yet, but Byron Bragg is by far the best I've seen. Like Rasputin says, he gets his yards without being the total offense. He also catches well out of the backfield and can motor. I haven't seen his stats since week 3 but they were very impressive then.
-
Clay Co. 44 Letcher Co. Central 30
Great game, but marred with turnovers. Talk about not capitalizing, I think Clay had four TO'S. It shouldn't have been that close. I've got to hand it to Letcher, they brought it tonight.