When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay

Rebel5050

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the best team that Clay Co. has faced would either be Letcher Central or Wayne Co. Neither of those teams are exactly state title contenders, I'd say reality sets in next week, the video game stats of their offense and their winning streak end. 42-21 Rockcastle.

What powerhouse is on the schedule for the rabbits this weeK?

So far the best team that Clay Co. has faced would either be Letcher Central or Wayne Co. Neither of those teams are exactly state title contenders, I'd say reality sets in next week, the video game stats of their offense and their winning streak end. 42-21 Rockcastle.[/QUOT What powerhouse is on the schedule for the rabbits this weeK?

Somerset plays the same team Clay does this week: Bye Central High School.

Last week I caught a hard time when I predicted a Clay Co. win, this week for predicting a loss. Here's the facts in regard to schedule:

Clay Co. Somerset

Wayne Co. 3-2 Lit Rating 72.3 Franklin Co. 3-1 Lit Rating 100.8

Evarts 1-3 Lit Rating 37.1 Southwestern 2-3 Lit Rating 87.2

Estill Co. 0-4 Lit Rating 37.7 Warren East 5-0 Lit Rating 91.5

Knott Cent. 2-3 Lit Rating 45.1 Danville 5-0 Lit Rating 97.1

Letcher Cent. 2-3 Lit Rating 58.7 Cumberland 2-2 Lit Rating 48.8

Total 8-15 Lit Rating Avg. 50.2 Total 17-6 Lit Rating Avg. 67.1

Clay has produced great numbers against a weak schedule. They're a young team that is taking a huge leap in level of competion against Rockcastle. They aren't ready and while they should move the ball it will be a big accomplishment to keep it close. The thread asked for predictions on the game and I gave one, your hard feelings toward Somerset are evident, that doesn't change how the game will come out. Go ahead and take shots if you want but you might want to look at the numbers beforehand next time. :thumb:

Oops sorry I forgot the dots and ran the totals together anyway Augustus:

Somerset plays the same team Clay does this week: Bye Central High School.

Last week I caught a hard time when I predicted a Clay Co. win, this week for predicting a loss. Here's the facts in regard to schedule:

Clay Co. ......................................Somerset

Wayne Co. 3-2 Lit Rating 72.3 .......Franklin Co. 3-1 Lit Rating 100.8

Evarts 1-3 Lit Rating 37.1...............Southwestern 2-3 Lit Rating 87.2

Estill Co. 0-4 Lit Rating 37.7............Warren East 5-0 Lit Rating 91.5

Knott Cent. 2-3 Lit Rating 45.1........Danville 5-0 Lit Rating 97.1

Letcher Cent. 2-3 Lit Rating 58.7.....Cumberland 2-2 Lit Rating 48.8

Total 8-15 Lit Rating Avg. 50.2........Total 17-6 Lit Rating Avg. 85.8

Clay has produced great numbers against a weak schedule. They're a young team that is taking a huge leap in level of competion against Rockcastle. They aren't ready and while they should move the ball it will be a big accomplishment to keep it close. The thread asked for predictions on the game and I gave one, your hard feelings toward Somerset are evident, that doesn't change how the game will come out. Go ahead and take shots if you want but you might want to look at the numbers beforehand next time. ..:thumb:

I don't think that the varsity squad took it to well when Clay County pounced all 29 freshmen they had on the field onto the Rock acting like it was a Super Bowl victory after they beat the 9th grade Rockets. I'd say that will be fresh on their mind in a week or so.

I don't think that the varsity squad took it to well when Clay County pounced all 29 freshmen they had on the field onto the Rock acting like it was a Super Bowl victory after they beat the 9th grade Rockets. I'd say that will be fresh on their mind in a week or so.
I totally agree with you on that. It may be a close ball-game but I believe that ROCK will rise and prevail and show what they are made of a really good team.

I predicited this game would be close. With Clay beating Rock tonight in a jv game, it could be an upset. But the people in Clay County wouldnt call it that, and I might have to agree with them, depending on the score.

It was a freshmen game, not a JV game. Clay had 29 on the sidelines so they must really be looking good for the furture with 29 freshmen, someone said that bunch went 34-0 together. Taht is an accomplishment to keep that many kids together for that long.