When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay

Rebel5050

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay Co was #10 in the AP poll today. Rock was #12. Rock is the underdog in this game. Not too many times does the Rock go into the game as underdogs. I know for a fact the Rock is fired up for this game. It should be a good one.

Is that the Absolutely Preposterous poll????

Rock may be a lot of things but an underdog to Clay County this Friday night is not one of them. Clay's opponents this season have only won 9 games combined and have lost a total of 19 games, not one team on their schedule to date has a winning record.

That kind of Schedule gets you NO RESPECT!!!

Does anyone know the series record between these two teams? I went to the Rock and know that before the Larkey era that Clay pretty much dominated the series prior to Larkey.

Only the opposite is true, Rock leads the series and the total points largely.

Larkey is 4-1 against the Tigers.

Rock was 5-3 against the Tigers before Larkey got there.

1977: Rock 20-7

1978: Rock 2-0

1979: Rock 25-8

1980: Clay 22-8

1981: Rock 19-8

1982: Rock 23-6

1983: Clay 24-6

1984: Clay 46-0

1985: Clay 41-6

1986: Rock 9-6

2003: Rock 49-6

2004: Rock 56-25

2005: Rock 21-12

Rock lead the series 9-4.

Total Points for Rock: 357

Total Points for Clay: 105

Average score per game:

Rock 27

Clay 8

Only the opposite is true, Rock leads the series and the total points largely.

Larkey is 4-1 against the Tigers.

Rock was 5-3 against the Tigers before Larkey got there.

1977: Rock 20-7

1978: Rock 2-0

1979: Rock 25-8

1980: Clay 22-8

1981: Rock 19-8

1982: Rock 23-6

1983: Clay 24-6

1984: Clay 46-0

1985: Clay 41-6

1986: Rock 9-6

2003: Rock 49-6

2004: Rock 56-25

2005: Rock 21-12

Rock lead the series 9-4.

Total Points for Rock: 357

Total Points for Clay: 105

Average score per game:

Rock 27

Clay 8

Didn't Clay County start football about the time that the series started and didn't they mostly only have a junior varsity team?

I remember going to a track meet at the new field in 1980 or so. They didn't play varsity football much before that.

1977 may have been Clay's first varsity season. Rock's first was 1972 with consolidation of Brodhead, Livingston, and Mt.Vernon (the only one playing football).

Clay's first varsity season was the 77-78 school year. They played JV only in 75-76 & 76-77.

Although very early in the season, and in a scrimmage format only, North Laurel played both Rock and Clay. IMO, Clay is the better team of the two. For those that are saying that Rock is going to out physical Clay, they are wrong. Clay was just a physical a team as Rock, if not more. To go with the good young QB, Clay also has an excellent RB, who is fast, and breaks a lot of tackles.

This ain't your typical Clay County team, and Rock is not as good as usual. The game is being played AT Clay. I think the Tigers win this one.

Clay 27

Rock 21

IMO - Clay would KILL Corbin this season

Although very early in the season, and in a scrimmage format only, North Laurel played both Rock and Clay. IMO, Clay is the better team of the two. For those that are saying that Rock is going to out physical Clay, they are wrong. Clay was just a physical a team as Rock, if not more. To go with the good young QB, Clay also has an excellent RB, who is fast, and breaks a lot of tackles.

This ain't your typical Clay County team, and Rock is not as good as usual. The game is being played AT Clay. I think the Tigers win this one.

Clay 27

Rock 21

Thats your onpinion. It could be right never seen them play. But i do know this clay would be out coached by corbin. IMO Clay couldnt play with corbin yet.

Clay 27

Rock 21

Clay only beat Wayne Co. at home by 1 when Wayne did not convert a 2-point conversion at the end of the game. I guess that means Wayne will KILL Corbin this year too and that Clay should kill both Rockcastle and Bell Co.

Wayne County must be a lot better than I thought this year.

[/b]

Wayne County must be a lot better than I thought this year.

When I saw them earlier this year I thought Wayne Co. was pretty good although I've heard a couple of injuries have weakened them considerably. They had a really good freshmen back, sort of in the mode of Ladale Rider. I wish we had more Wayne Co. supporters on here, I understand the kid was a really good story, something about he was the waterboy in the preseason before deciding to try out for the team. Anyone know that story and is he the one who is injured?