Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay

Featured Replies

If Clay county had 29 freshmen, then their program is on the up and up. Big win for Clay co. I bet they run them in on platoons.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the up and coming Clay County hang with an established State Power ROCK, or are they just a flash in the pan that's been beating up a bunch of pretenders?

 

 

The contenders and the pretenders will be seperated under friday night lights:banana: .

 

Rock 35

Clay 21

I don't think so, i think rock will look over them a little as being a team like in the past and get them selves in a ball game. Don't think either one of them are pretenders this year.

Rockcastle can't afford not to take them as a serious threat.

  • Author

I think clay can pull this one out. They just have to play hard on both sides of the ball. Alot of people have been not noticing clay this year. Maybe thats a good thing. They just have to play like they have been.

  • Author

That freshman team went 24-0 at the middle school level. They have some very talented players at all spots on the feild. If they stay together they have a very very bright future ahead of them. Nice win clay county.

I believe that when the ROCK comes to Clay this week they will be well focused and will be able to get the job done and play a very good game against Clay. The ROCK knows what they are up against and will prevail. I see ROCK winning this one 42-14.

I believe that when the ROCK comes to Clay this week they will be well focused and will be able to get the job done and play a very good game against Clay. The ROCK knows what they are up against and will prevail. I see ROCK winning this one 42-14.

Rock will be focused and well prepared. It will not be easy and they know it. The score quoted above will not be close. A tight game throughout. Rock better take their "A" game on Friday.

The way Brian Milam built this game up... wymt should be at this game like espn does college game day. I would love to see him in one of those mascot hats like Lee Corso wears when he makes his prediction. Clay County will score, but not enough to beat Rock.

 

Rockcastle County - 35

Clay County - 29

I think clay can pull this one out. They just have to play hard on both sides of the ball. Alot of people have been not noticing clay this year. Maybe thats a good thing. They just have to play like they have been.

 

With a QB throwing up those kind of crazy numbers, people are noticing.

If Clay Co. has their usual home field advantage and plays their best game all season, there might be a good game. The Rock is use to having a bulls-eye on their back and they will put this one in the win column. They will show why they are still the team to beat in the mountains. 28-14 Go Rock!!!

I don't think that the varsity squad took it to well when Clay County pounced all 29 freshmen they had on the field onto the Rock acting like it was a Super Bowl victory after they beat the 9th grade Rockets. I'd say that will be fresh on their mind in a week or so.

 

 

Sounds like Clay knows what kind of football program the Rock has if they got that excited over a freshman victory. There's not a lot of 3-A teams that have 29 freshman? Heard this was a close one? I wouldn't pounce on the Rock's field too hard and wake a sleeping giant!

:fire:

 

Sounds like the Rock will not be over looking Clay. I'll take the Rock, 28-14.

According to a Clay County program Clay has only 19 freshmen listed. HMMM.

I don't thin Bell Rock Clay or any other team wants any of Johnson Central this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.