Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region Tournament Host

Featured Replies

I was wondering how everyone felt about the way Clay County was handling the tournament this year. I have heard numerous complaints about parking, passes, split sessions, just to name a few.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was my first trip to Clay, but not the last for the week, and I have no complaints. I don't like split sessions, but also understand why they do it. The only complaint I heard was how much time in between games.

The gap between games could've been 30-45 minutes shorter and it been no problem. It doesn't take an hour to clear a gym.

They have treated my great and have went out of their way to help out with anything I have asked fo. I give them an A+.

I know I've heard some gripes about no coaches or officials cards being taken, but if you're too tight to dish out 10 bucks a night, then listen to the game on the radio.

They have treated my great and have went out of their way to help out with anything I have asked fo. I give them an A+.

I know I've heard some gripes about no coaches or officials cards being taken, but if you're too tight to dish out 10 bucks a night, then listen to the game on the radio.

 

I do kind of wonder about the whole Manchester traffic jam. Why is it that they can't get traffic flowing better from the Parkway through town? The way it was yesterday with it taking 20+ minutes, I expected people to be hanging off the rafters when I got to the gym, but it was only about 2/3 full.

I was told it was because of buisnesses and things like that. That's what I was told, but if they keep feeding me like they do, I won't mind the traffic:)

Les

Should be a better crowd this evening. I would get there early if I wanted to avoid the Big Blue Nation from Barbourville. I hear they are closing the town at 4:00 today so that everyone can caravan over to the house that Keith built.

 

I agree too much time between games....I would think 30 minutes to empty a gym would be plenty......plus 8:45 is hard on the travelling teams and us old folks who have to work in the morning.

I was told it was because of buisnesses and things like that. That's what I was told, but if they keep feeding me like they do, I won't mind the traffic:)

Les

 

Well, what we had last night was a one-time shot thanks to Scott Smith. It goes back to pot luck the rest of the time -- which hasn't been bad, but it would have to be very, very good to match up with last night's offering.

Should be a better crowd this evening. I would get there early if I wanted to avoid the Big Blue Nation from Barbourville. I hear they are closing the town at 4:00 today so that everyone can caravan over to the house that Keith built.

 

If they left at 4 today I would hate to see the crowd friday night for when Bville plays Clay. Good Luck getting into that game.

I've been to the last several 13th regional tournaments and I have seen alot of different things this time. 1st time I have had to sit in traffic 15 to 20 minutes, 1st time I have seen the gym cleared out in the first round, and if 13th region coaches didn't get passes that is pretty bad. The corbin radio guys said before the game last night that they were in the worst position they have been in at a region tournament. They also said that this was the smallest group of fans they had seen at a region in a long time. Something is wrong.

I've been to the last several 13th regional tournaments and I have seen alot of different things this time. 1st time I have had to sit in traffic 15 to 20 minutes, 1st time I have seen the gym cleared out in the first round, and if 13th region coaches didn't get passes that is pretty bad. The corbin radio guys said before the game last night that they were in the worst position they have been in at a region tournament. They also said that this was the smallest group of fans they had seen at a region in a long time. Something is wrong.

 

The 8:45 start made it very difficult for Corbin parents(and I'm sure other visiting teams as well) with younger school aged children to attend. I'm sure that affected the Corbin crowd by as many as 150-200 because most parents would not want them out to 11:30 or so on a school night.

I've been to the last several 13th regional tournaments and I have seen alot of different things this time. 1st time I have had to sit in traffic 15 to 20 minutes, 1st time I have seen the gym cleared out in the first round, and if 13th region coaches didn't get passes that is pretty bad. The corbin radio guys said before the game last night that they were in the worst position they have been in at a region tournament. They also said that this was the smallest group of fans they had seen at a region in a long time. Something is wrong.

 

I guess it depends on where you're from. If you live close the traffic don't bother you as bad. The sessions are split to insure everyone that wants to see their team will have an opportunity to get in. There will ALWAYS be gripes about passes (who cares?). Corbin radio guys will ALWAYS find something to cry about. If the Corbin radio guys have some way of checking, I'll bet they will find that this is one of the best attended 13th regional tournaments in a long time. Other than a few people having to walk 1500 feet, nothing is wrong!

I think they've done a pretty good job. The parking situation was handled great (buses), and the concessions are well stocked and manned. The traffic issue is BAD, but I put that on the local law enforcement, not Clay County HS. If the local police would just help the flow, it would be fine, but I've not seen any out in town.

 

People ALWAYS complain about the split sessions, and I'm of the opinion that they're not necessary in the first round games. I've decided to just watch one game, not stick around for 2. There is WAY too much time in between games.

I If the Corbin radio guys have some way of checking, I'll bet they will find that this is one of the best attended 13th regional tournaments in a long time.

 

Maybe so, why do you think that is? :rolleyes: Pretty good trade in NL & SL for Rockcastle when it comes to attendence, especially since Clay is so close to Laurel County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.