Clay 58 Corbin 49

final

Corbin had a chance to go ahead with less than a minute to go but was unable to

to score. Final score was the result of Corbin having to foul to get ball back. Congratulations to Corbin and good luck to Clay County.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

final

to score. Final score was the result of Corbin having to foul to get ball back. Congratulations to Corbin and good luck to Clay County.

Big block on Crawford, had a chance to put Corbin up 1, Corbin shot no free throws in the second half. Had to listen on the radio, how was the game called? Congrats to the Hounds on a great season.

Big block on Crawford, had a chance to put Corbin up 1, Corbin shot no free throws in the second half. Had to listen on the radio, how was the game called? Congrats to the Hounds on a great season.

WOW on the bolded.

About the score everyone was expecting I think though.

final

Corbin was down 50-49 with 40 seconds to go, they may have rushed the shot a little but it was a pretty good look from about 8 ft. that just did not go in. They were forced to foul from that point and Clay hit 8-8 from the line to push the lead out to nine.

This was a good game. Clay County didn't play the best they have all season, but they played good enough to get by, and this time of year it is survive and advance. I think the 15th region refs r bad, but they are bad both ways so it evens out. Corbin was on fire from outside. Good season Corbin!! Good luck Tigers!!

This was a good game. Clay County didn't play the best they have all season, but they played good enough to get by, and this time of year it is survive and advance. I think the 15th region refs r bad, but they are bad both ways so it evens out. Corbin was on fire from outside. Good season Corbin!! Good luck Tigers!!

Unofficial stats for Corbin had them shooting very poorly and Clay shooting well.

Corbin

19-54 from the field and 4-4 from the FT line.

Clay Co.

21-43 from the field and 13-19 from the FT line.

Unofficial stats for Corbin had them shooting very poorly and Clay shooting well.

Corbin

19-54 from the field and 4-4 from the FT line.

Clay Co.

21-43 from the field and 13-19 from the FT line.

I said outside. Hamlin and Cashen was knocking them down the first half, and #10 was nailing them in the 2nd. I thought Clay did a good job aganist Crawford. I guess the seniors decided they didn't want a freshman to end their season.

I said outside. Hamlin and Cashen was knocking them down the first half, and #10 was nailing them in the 2nd. I thought Clay did a good job aganist Crawford. I guess the seniors decided they didn't want a freshman to end their season.

Josh needs to get a little bit stronger next year, when he does he will be able to finish those shots on the inside a little more often. He lost 20 pounds over the course of the season, maybe next year he can maintain that weight throughout the year which should make him even more dangerous.

It was actually 52-49 when Sizemore got the big block on Crawford. If he goes up strong, he probably draws a foul.

The game was called straight-up, no funny stuff. Corbin didn't shoot any FTs in the second half because they did nothing but shoot jumpers.

[/b]

Josh needs to get a little bit stronger next year, when he does he will be able to finish those shots on the inside a little more often. He lost 20 pounds over the course of the season, maybe next year he can maintain that weight throughout the year which should make him even more dangerous.

His biggest problem is he stands around watching too much on offense. He needs to be more assertive on offense in demanding the ball and driving. I've talked with Coach P about this and he says the same thing. Josh just hasn't quite figured that part of the game out yet. Once he does, look out.

I'm of the opinion that he should run the baseline; he could get 30 a game from there with his combo of height, leaping ability and soft touch.

I thought that Corbin played well, 19-4 on Free throws certianly gets you attention......

French was a none factor and for Corbin to have been successful they needed him to hit some shots and free up Crawford. Swim could not stop #34 or #42, both had some great moves and makes around the basket. As it was Crawford played his tail end off and refused to give up. He has a bright future.:thumb: