Knox Central 75 Corbin 72

Corbin has the ability to beat anyone in the region but they CANNOT shoot free throws worth a lick lately. If I were Coach Pietrowski, I'd use tomorrow's entire practice time having them at the line. 1-2, 1-2, 0-2, 1-2, 0-2, 2-2, 0-1, 1-2 lines at the charity stripe are the difference in winning and losing ball games more often than not. Those aren't official numbers but look like Corbin at the line as of late. The Hounds are a young team playing mainly freshmen and sophomores so there is no need to push a panic button just yet.

Knox Central is a fine team and seemed to play a great game tonight. My hat goes off to Coach Elam and the Panthers. Good luck the rest of the way and I have a feeling, we'll be seeing them again come region tournament time.

Corbin was 14-of-27 from the line...you say Corbin is young (which they are and they are very good), but Central isn't a senior citizen by no means and after seeing South beat A VERY GOOD AND TALENTED Madison Central team, I would say right now, the Cards and Bell are the top two teams.

In a way this game shocks me that the panthers won, I did't feel like they could play 4 Q. with the redhounds, on the other hand both teams are really young and I am guessing this was a really hostile environment for the young hounds to play in. Great boost for Elam and the panthers though.

Knox Central out played the Hounds and deserved the win. Corbin missed too many Free throws and then turned it over late in the game. Where is the on the ball defense? Miller is a very good player, but #33 Bingham was the difference with 6 big three pointers standing uncontested in the corners all night long.

Corbin was 14-of-27 from the line...you say Corbin is young (which they are and they are very good), but Central isn't a senior citizen by no means and after seeing South beat A VERY GOOD AND TALENTED Madison Central team, I would say right now, the Cards and Bell are the top two teams.

I agree with you 100%.

I think that Corbin, Cumberland, and Knox Central will be the big dogs next year in the region. Lots of talent returning for those three programs. You can never count out South, Clay, and Bell but when we are talking about returning players, I think the 3 i mentioned are going to be legit.

Knox Central out played the Hounds and deserved the win. Corbin missed too many Free throws and then turned it over late in the game. Where is the on the ball defense? Miller is a very good player, but #33 Bingham was the difference with 6 big three pointers standing uncontested in the corners all night long.

I think it was Messer who hit the six 3-pointers on something like 6-9 shooting. Corbin did not do a good job of finding him, so I feel as though this production from him may have surprised them.

Corbin needs to learn from this game and atmosphere and not let teams come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat them, but if you can't hit FT's and make careless TO's it will happen. Two of Corbin's biggest weaknesses are ball defense and an inside shot blocker in my opinion.

Congrats to Knox Central (who did knock down their clutch FT's) on the win.