Knox Central 75 Corbin 72

Coach Elam has done a good job. They are in that group of about 6 teams in the 13th that you could toss a coin to determine who is best after South and Bell. Corbin is also in that mix. Next year will be real interesting. If these two play again the results could be reversed.

Coach Elam has done a good job. They are in that group of about 6 teams in the 13th that you could toss a coin to determine who is best after South and Bell. Corbin is also in that mix. Next year will be real interesting. If these two play again the results could be reversed.

I am in no way trying to discredit Bell County basketball by this post, but I can’t understand why most people are putting them up there with South Laurel and so far above everybody else in the region. They beat Corbin (who Knox beat) by six at home, lost by three to Shelby Valley, beat Leslie by three, lost by one to June Buck and lost one of their best players to Auburn. The rest of their schedule is uneventful. I may be wrong, but I just don’t think they’ve proved they are that much better than the rest of the teams in the region.

I agree Skinpig... I honestly believe a lot of people are just wanting a team other than South to win the region and many believe Bell is the team to do it.

Bell is very good and the Goins (i think that's his name) kid and the Whitakers can play.

I believe teams such as Clay County, Corbin and Knox Central are teams that people should look out for, too in March.

I am in no way trying to discredit Bell County basketball by this post, but I can’t understand why most people are putting them up there with South Laurel and so far above everybody else in the region. They beat Corbin (who Knox beat) by six at home, lost by three to Shelby Valley, beat Leslie by three, lost by one to June Buck and lost one of their best players to Auburn. The rest of their schedule is uneventful. I may be wrong, but I just don’t think they’ve proved they are that much better than the rest of the teams in the region.

Agreed. I think people give Bell too much credit — they are pretty much even with the second tier of teams in the 13th. I also think SL will pound them when they play, but I think they'll probably come crashing to earth before that when they play in the Toyota Classic. At least they bothered to play somebody tough this season. Maybe they'll even get past the first round of the region this year.

Agreed. I think people give Bell too much credit — they are pretty much even with the second tier of teams in the 13th. I also think SL will pound them when they play, but I think they'll probably come crashing to earth before that when they play in the Toyota Classic. At least they bothered to play somebody tough this season. Maybe they'll even get past the first round of the region this year.

I think that South is the clear #1 and that Bell is the clear #2 team in the region. Losing Slusher put Bell closer to the pack and further away from South Laurel, but they still have a lot of quality players.