Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Clay County

Featured Replies

What does Clay County need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should make some noise in there new district. Offense will be real good, I believe there defense will need to improve. But the kids in Clay co are excitied about football and you can sure tell it in the community.

Clay simply needs more players on the team (less players going both ways). Depending on how hard a few younger guys work during the off-season, they might be a little short up front offensively. In skilled positions they should match up with any other team in the new district. With a lot of hard work, a few position changes and a few big corn fed boys coming along, I look for Clay to make a run at the district title in 07.

Upgrade their schedule. They are moving forward but need to get away from the cupcake schedule. Did they play both the Kentucky and Ohio school for the blind along with Jackson County last year.

Clay returns most everyone from last seasson, can Zack Lewis take the tigers to the next step.

Clay returns most everyone from last seasson, can Zack Lewis take the tigers to the next step.

 

As the Tigers return most of their skilled people, they also lost some veteran lineman and key defensive players. Smallwood was coming on strong last year at linebacker and I've heard he decided to "not play". He needs to reconsider at get back out there. If you know this kid, give him some encouragement, he don't realize what he's going to miss. I know we're not suppose to expect a whole lot from freshman, but TanMan Gilbert will come in ready to help at almost any position on either side of the ball...He's a BEAST!

 

"Can Zach Lewis take the Tigers to the next step?" I think with his skills/knowledge along with senior leadership from Dobbs, Dunn, N. Dezarn, Rice, Rawlings, Jordan, Stivers, R. Smallwood, B. Dezarn and any other upper class-man I may have left out, (I don't have a roster) they will go to another level next season. I do know this...Expectations are higher and the Tiger Football Faithful will no longer be tickled with five or six wins and one playoff game. Now that's saying something about where the program's heading.

Upgrade their schedule. They are moving forward but need to get away from the cupcake schedule. Did they play both the Kentucky and Ohio school for the blind along with Jackson County last year.

 

The schedule has been upgraded. It still may not be as strong as Stepp would have liked, but it's just not that easy to dial in a ten game tough/realistic schedule for Clay right now.

How many kids will be playing both ways?......High School and Jr High this year? :lol:

anyone have any new info on the Tigers and how Spring practice is going?

I ran into some of the tiger football players and those guys must be hitting the weights hard because they looked like football players, they were all huge and I'm not talking fat.

Yes I saw the Dobbs kid and he really has became a large boy, and I do not mean fat in any way...

For the first time in Clay County football the Kids are starting to realize that Games are won in the weightroom, football is not a sport for the lazy kid, its a mans sport played by modern day warriors. It doesn't matter how much God given ability one has, if he's not willing to get in the weightroom and pump the iron, then your going to get knocked around and hurt during the season.

 

Also if some of the parents in Clay County would give up the dream of their 6 foot tall kid becming the next Richie Farmer and realize there are three times more college schlorships for young men in football than basketball we'd get our numbers up. In Clay county when it gets hot and Junior comes home tired from practice, Mommy and Daddy start complaining about the coach and the next thing the kids calling it quits.

 

Don't teach your kids to be quitters, force them to be world changers

 

I'd say we already have a few players off the gifted Middle school teams of a coupe years back that have had dreams of state basketball championships installed into their heads. These kids have been talked into riding the pine in basketball rather than gettingin the weightroom, getting strong and winning a state football championship.

 

Parents of Clay county the day of the five foot ten slow white guy dominating in basketball is over, Look at what just happened to South Laurel in the sweet sixteen.

 

Get behind your kids, back them, teach them to work hard for something they want, allow them to bring pride back to the community, its not a pretty thing when parents blame coaches for their childrens unwillingness to work. News flash its mom and dads fault.

 

Your not fooling anyone!

Yes I saw the Dobbs kid and he really has became a large boy, and I do not mean fat in any way...
What ever happened to that boy who played 8th grade qb a couple of seasons ago? I thought he was a pretty talented young athlete. Seems like his name was Nickels or Nicklsen. Has he been lifting?
What ever happened to that boy who played 8th grade qb a couple of seasons ago? I thought he was a pretty talented young athlete. Seems like his name was Nickels or Nicklsen. Has he been lifting?

 

That's Corey Nicholson, Sophomore to be back-up QB/safety. Corey has the ability to play any position on the field. He plays baseball and basketball too, but I don't know if he's getting in any lifts. Strength is all he's lacking to be a solid contributor in all three sports.

Yeah I think i would start working him at another position, he is only 1 grade behind Lewis which means he is not going to get much playing time as the QB. Anyone heard how Spring practice is going, hows the kid back from the shoulder injury doing? and what about Dobbs and Dunn how are they looking?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.