Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Asterisk for Mercer?

Featured Replies

So ... can we now safely say that Mercer County wouldn't have won the state title without the consolidation?

  • Replies 99
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right but we shouldn't take anything away from those kids great accomplishment. The won the class they were put in.

Here we go......:rolleyes:

 

This has been the knock on Mercer all season. I too was guilty of this thought earlier in the year. But Mercer played the hand they were dealt. And NO, I don't think you can say that they wouldn't have won without the consolidation.

 

 

 

Can't believe it took less than half an hour for this thread to appear.

Here we go......:rolleyes:

 

This has been the knock on Mercer all season. I too was guilty of this thought earlier in the year. But Mercer played the hand they were dealt. And NO, I don't think you can say that they wouldn't have won without the consolidation.

 

 

 

Can't believe it took less than half an hour for this thread to appear.

 

 

Your right, I thought it would be sooner. :rolleyes:

 

Let it go and allow the kids to enjoy the moment.

So ... can we now safely say that Mercer County wouldn't have won the state title without the consolidation?

Nope......thats easy to say now that they won.....but many of you on BGP did not think that team would win more than 7-8 games early on.

 

How many schools have merged in the last 20 years and right out of the box had a great team, I honestly can not think of any. I takes everything falling in place to build a championship team at any level. Coach Jaggers did an outstanding job of merging these young men in to a fine team.

Russell wouldn't have been there without their players either!!!!!!!!!!! LET IT GO!! It's done and over!! I for one look forward to seeing how Mercer plays against Southwestern next season.......!

Here we go......:rolleyes:

 

This has been the knock on Mercer all season. I too was guilty of this thought earlier in the year. But Mercer played the hand they were dealt. And NO, I don't think you can say that they wouldn't have won without the consolidation.

 

 

 

Can't believe it took less than half an hour for this thread to appear.

 

 

It appears that someone stacked the deck from everywhere in the state...

First of all, I would like to offer my congratulations to Mercer on their championship. Russell has everything of which to be proud, you have done a tremendous job representing our area!

 

Now my comment: if I understand correctly, Mercer and Harrodsburg school systems voted to merge sometime prior to the school year and the merged "new school" enrollment was large enough to be classified as AAA. Since it was too late to re-do scheduling it was allowed(and presumably approved by the KHSAA) to play and compete at the AA level instead of the AAA level. All this even though the school, according to their website, is still located on two different campuses. It seems to me that, effectively, Harrodsburg HIgh transferred it's entire football team to Mercer County creating a superteam with a vast amount of depth and game experience(since both teams had fully completed in the prior year). To me, unless I am missing something, there seems to be a gross injustive to all other AA teams throughout the state. Am I missing something or did the KHSAA drop the ball?? Wouldn't it have made more sense to tell Mercer to play the schedule but be unable to compete for postseason play this first year??

  • Author

No one is taking away the fact that they won the state title ... they won the game, and the trophy is going to Mercer County. Congratulations to them.

 

But the question is a valid one.

It appears that someone stacked the deck from everywhere in the state...

 

 

It was the guy on the grassy knoll. You can see him in the film. :D

First of all, I would like to offer my congratulations to Mercer on their championship. Russell has everything of which to be proud, you have done a tremendous job representing our area!

 

Now my comment: if I understand correctly, Mercer and Harrodsburg school systems voted to merge sometime prior to the school year and the merged "new school" enrollment was large enough to be classified as AAA. Since it was too late to re-do scheduling it was allowed(and presumably approved by the KHSAA) to play and compete at the AA level instead of the AAA level. All this even though the school, according to their website, is still located on two different campuses. It seems to me that, effectively, Harrodsburg HIgh transferred it's entire football team to Mercer County creating a superteam with a vast amount of depth and game experience(since both teams had fully completed in the prior year). To me, unless I am missing something, there seems to be a gross injustive to all other AA teams throughout the state. Am I missing something or did the KHSAA drop the ball?? Wouldn't it have made more sense to tell Mercer to play the schedule but be unable to compete for postseason play this first year??

 

 

You'll have to go back and dig up all the other threads that keep saying the same thing. It's all there if you are willing to do the reading.

 

BTW, that was some super team. A 3-8 squad combined with a 10-3 team. That must have been the greatest 3-8 team in history.

You'll have to go back and dig up all the other threads that keep saying the same thing. It's all there if you are willing to do the reading.

 

BTW, that was some super team. A 3-8 squad combined with a 10-3 team. That must have been the greatest 3-8 team in history.

SPEED SPEED SPEED

It is a valid argument.

 

In the end nothing can or will be done about it, but it does seem a little sketchy from the outside looking in.

Mercer won fair and square no doubt.....had it not been for turnovers they might not have...no asterisk whatsoever...

 

it'll all get settled out in the next few seasons

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.