Everything posted by psychicscubadiver
-
2016 Central KY Football Contest (Week 7) Sponsored by GRIPPOS!
7 - Lafayette 5 - Collins 3 - West Jessamine 2 - Scott 1 - Paris TB - Lafayette
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest Week #7
7 - North Bullitt 5 - Washington County 3 - Bardstown 2 - Gallatin County 1 - Bullitt East TB - North Bullitt
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (9/26)
I wouldn't call a 31-10 loss a blow-out. A solid win for BG certainly, but not a blowout. Honestly, I would put St. X at number 3. They gave BG a decent game despite not having their leading quarterback, then rolled Highlands and beat PRP who is ranked ninth.
-
Bowling Green Takes #1 Spot in Litratings
That's a shame, but cool that the schedules are known. Who is Trinity facing in 17-18?
-
Highlands /Simon Kenton. No more.
Shrug. I haven't heard anyone saying that they need a meat grinder of a schedule. Just that they should play one of the strong Louisville or Cincy teams. Simon Kenton wants to be a powerhouse program and that's awesome. Kentucky football is only get better with more strong programs in the mix. However, many SK fans are claiming the SK has already reached powerhouse status and for many others that's tough to believe until they perform well against a program that's known to be a powerhouse. Also, I never noticed anyone talking about the players or how their coach molds them. I'm confused why you'd bring that up. People are just criticizing the coach's scheduling philosophy.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (9/26)
I'm curious, what has Ryle done to earn the third spot? Yes, they're undefeated but their only significant win is against Covington Catholic and that was the first game of the year. Otherwise they have lopsided wins against teams that most people have lopsided wins against: Highlands, Campell County, and Boone County. And they had a close game against Henry Clay who was shellacked by Lafayette and Tate's Creek. I'm not saying Ryle is a bad team. They are a good team, but what have they done that says they are #3 in the class?
-
Best way to change playoff system?
I don't have any problem with the way it is now, but that system seems like it would be a really cool way to do things. Filtering out nearly all the 0-10, 1-9 teams would be nice and the chance for new match-ups and the freedom in regular season scheduling would be a real boon.
-
Highlands - the cavalry is coming?
Tied with Trinity's 2005-2012 run which also earned seven of eight titles. Although, I believe Highlands is the only team to take six consecutive titles which they earned in their 2007-2012 seasons.
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #7) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
- Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #7) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
Jefferson County 6A and the Playoffs
Yeah, 6A District 3 is easily the toughest in the state. They probably win all of their first round match-ups. This will mean that whoever, comes out on top in that district will have to face Manual/PRP, St. X, and then Trinity in the semis. Sheesh, talk about a tough path to the finals.
-
Saint Xavier 27 Pleasure Ridge Park 17
I'm starting to think that PRP will beat Manual and take third. That game is looking better and better as PRP plays tough against these teams.
-
5A #1 Bowling Green vs 6A Central Hardin
Hey, you were right about them not meeting in the playoffs, just not for the reasons that you probably thought. The latest they could meet is the semis not the championship. Unless, you mean one of those two will be the champ in the end. I would agree with that.
-
Louisville Football Power Rankings for 9-20 - Sponsored by Get in the Game on WBKI.
Either, I've somehow jumped back in time by a week, or Fern Creek has already played DeSales, with DeSales taking home a two-score victory.
-
Simon Kenton/Highlands Predictions
Chuckle, actually, on game day the pendulum had swung and Louisville was favored to win by a narrow margin by the bookies. Also, being the underdog didn't work out so well for Lafayette, Dixie Heights, Simon Kenton, PRP, or Ryle at the 6A championships.
-
Simon Kenton/Highlands Predictions
The overall schedules for SK and SC might be similar, but Elder is leagues above anyone SK has/will play in regular season. That said, I think SK and SC are pretty similar in strength. I'd like to see them meet in the semifinals.
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #6) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
- Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #6) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
- 2016 Central KY Football Contest (Week 6) Sponsored by GRIPPOS!
- 2016 Pick 10 Contest (Week #6) - Sponsored by Kentucky Middle School Football Assoc.
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest Week #6
7 - Elizabethtown 5 - Southern 3 - Shelby County 2 - Larue County 1 - Collins TB - Southern
- NKY Football Contest Sponsored By Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 6)
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (9-19)
St. X gets a chance to prove their placement against PRP and honestly, I'm not sure who deserves that ten spot.
-
Trinity 29 Pleasure Ridge Park 10
I 100% agree. Having Bowling Green back on the schedule would be great for both teams. On the other hand, I'd love to see Trinity come back to Cincy and play some of the teams up here. Then, I'd actually be able to make some games. Either way, I'd be pleased. And surely pleasing me is foremost in the minds of those making the Trinity schedule. :lol2:
-
What if there was a playoff between all 6 class winners?
Well, I imagine 5A and 6A would be on opposite sides of the bracket and have byes in this first round. The first round could be 1A vs 3A and 2A vs 4A with the former facing the 6A champ in the semis and the latter facing the 5A champ. Then the winners would meet in a 'Christmas Bowl' because that's about when the competition would finish. The tournament design wouldn't be too hard, but I can see the logistics of it (and the extension of the season) as a very difficult hurdle.