Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

psychicscubadiver

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by psychicscubadiver

  1. What was the breakdown of varsity vs jv scoring?
  2. It really depends on whether St. X is treating it like an actual game and trying to win, or experimenting with tactics and positions, not caring about the final score.
  3. I dunno how people define a 'down year', but calpreps ranked Highlands 28th overall in state next year. The team was rated 19.4 points lower than their average (2003-2014). This year in calpreps pre-season predictions Highlands is ranked 43rd overall, with a score that is 24.2 points lower than their average (2003-2015).
  4. Really? I'm a Trinity fan that barely knows anything about NKY football, but even I knew of him. The Cooper fans have talking about what a game changer he is for the past year. I regards to your article, I believe a couple teams should be moved (St. X too low, Conner too high, Ballard too low, etc), but the general layout I agree with.
  5. The bolded made me laugh out loud. Well played.
  6. Mostly it's perception. If a student moves into a new residence (or switches which parent he lives with, changes custody, etc) and simply goes to that school district the motivation of the move and his eligibility are rarely questioned. If the student moves and attends a private school, the common assumption is that it's for purely athletic reasons, especially when going from public to a private that excels in athletics. The student is then much more likely to be ruled ineligible.
  7. That sounds awfully like the start of a public/private debate and not focused on GRC. The KHSAA announced that Kentucky has seen an overall increase in football participation. Unless there are data that 6A alone is seeing a reverse of this trend I continue to doubt that private schools are the reason for GRC's declining numbers. Regardless, not trying to threadjack and I'd be happy to continue this in PM if you'd prefer. Here I'll just say that I'm rooting for you GRC, and I have confidence that this season will be an improvement over the last.
  8. It doesn't help that there are less dates to choose from than in the past. District play requires 4 weeks, in-town rivals Male and St. X need 2 more, and I'm pretty sure the TN teams called early about resuming the series down there, reducing Trinity's available weeks to 2. Which is a shame, I'd love for the Rocks to come back up here for a game or two.
  9. Whether he plays football or not we would be proud to have him as a student. I would hope that they find him eligible in the appeal, but he would be a great addition to the Trinity family regardless. Have they said why he was ineligible? I looked over the bylaws and the only thing I could figure is a question of custody since he is changing residences from IN to Lou.
  10. Awesome! Though the St. X/Trinity game has got to be one of them. I can't imagine them skipping one of Louisville's biggest regular season games unless U of L refused to let them record in PJCS for some reason.
  11. I'll admit, I have a hard time seeing E-town as better than all the HM and Ballard. Other than that I'm happy with the rankings. Is it possible to expand it to a top fifteen instead of top ten and some HMs? I dunno why, but I just have the feeling that such a format would fit really well.
  12. Thanks for the stats, gchs_uk9; you're always spot on with those. I hadn't realized that they had only lost once to a private school. In my opinion that just makes it even more ridiculous to blame declining participation on private schools.
  13. Chuckle, you liked their top 5 so much that you replaced Trinity with St. X? 1 Trinity 2 Bowling Green 3 Lafayette 4 South Warren 5 Male (no offense to Male, but with how much they lose I can't place them higher)
  14. I'd prefer Louisville, but I'd be happy with Lexington. Either one vastly improves my driving time. I'd actually be able to go and return in a single day. Chuckle, that little fact matters far more to me than what stadium they are playing in.
  15. Lol, I meant that's the first I've heard about an Ensworth transfer. I thought that was the kid you were asking if 'anyone knows the scoop on'.
  16. Nope, this is the first I've heard about anything like that.
  17. Ah, I misunderstood you then. Still great to hear that about Ballard. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do this season.
  18. And a title or two on his resume won't improve his recruiting stock? There's SEC and there's SEC. Getting recruited by UK is one thing. Having a shot at Alabama or Ole Miss is different. New Albany wasn't going to get him the notoriety he needs so he moved to a school that will. Trinity is talked about on the national level; being a key player on such a team will get him further.
  19. Shrug, it makes sense to me. He's just now starting to get noticed by a few colleges and he knows that playing for Trinity will give him a chance to compete against some top notch programs. He is more likely to get noticed by the big D-1 programs and improve his stock playing for Trinity. It could be that he always planned to attend Trinity for football, but waited until his junior year to save on tuition since colleges won't really care about what he did as a FR and SO.
  20. Yup, every time they meet in the playoffs.
  21. Purely my opinion, but then I'm always willing to share that. 1 - Trinity Always a perennial powerhouse, the Shamrocks have a lot of players returning. They lose some very skilled players on defense and the QB Jake Woosley but they have new faces ready to step up. It helps that the JV had an undefeated season and that the Trinity secondary had so many chances to play teams throughout the 2015 season 2 - Male An exceedingly strong program and definitely in the running for another title. I put them behind Trinity because of how many they lose to graduation; only two starters are returning. 3 - St. X A solid team that has slipped a little recently, but still threatens for a title. They return ten starters, including D-1 recruit QB Desmond Ridder. Wolford has the pieces he just needs to assemble them into a great team. 4 - Fern Creek They lost some significant skill positions, but return 12 starters overall including their senior QB Shamar Byrant. They have a strong defense, and good coach and growing confidence after reaching the 5A semifinals last year. 5 - Manual A team that beat Fern Creek, but I feel like losing their coach will hit them hard. Still they have some D-1 athletes and aren't to be underestimated. 6 - Louisville Central Ty Scroggins is one heck of a coach and his yellowjackets put the hurt on several much larger schools last year. This year they have lost some important pieces, but I look for them to remain relevant. 7 - Central Hardin They lose little from a team that beat McCracken County and made it to the 6A semifinals. I look to see some improvement from the Bruins. 8 - Christian Academy of Louisville CAL has 13 returning starters, depth on the line and a D-1 prospect TE Jacob Paulson. Last season, they had plenty of experience against strong teams, including a game with SK that was very close until the fourth quarter. 9 - DeSales It hurt to rank my Catholic brethren behind their rivals, but they are returning only 3 defensive starters and need to replace their QB. Still, this is only a preseason rank and having a 8-1 JV record last year (with the only loss coming to St. X) is a reason for hope. The shiny new stadium should help to keep the team fired up. 10 - Shelby County A solid core remains, though the Rockets will need to replace some key positions. Still, they did well last year and look to return to form this year. HM - Pleasure Ridge Park A better team than their 5-6 record would suggest. They play a hard schedule with Trinity, Male, St. X, Manual, and Louisville Central on the list. They definitely have the ability to break into the top ten after close games with Manual and St. X last year. HM - Ballard Another team that's better than their record. They lost two close games to Manual last year, but replacing their head coach (even though he is staying on as an asst.) will probably hurt them early in the season. HM - John Hardin Last year was down for them, but they seem likely to rebound this year and can't be overlooked in the 4A scene.
  22. Boyle and Lex Cath beating Bryan Station is debatable, but I have a very hard time believing that Wayne County and Danville were stronger teams.
  23. Yes, putting aside a public/private debate, I am still very confused. GRC is not getting beaten by private schools. They are playing other public schools. Why would any opinion on private schools cause them to have lower participation? I have cousins nearby and according to them football is not a big priority anymore. They said soccer is a bigger thing in the Lexington area these days. Not to be rude, but that makes a lot more sense to me as an explanation for declining numbers.
  24. I thought only Seniors could win the award. If so, he couldn't have been on the list last year.
  25. When is the last time GRC lost to a private school in the state tournament? It's other public schools that are knocking them out of the running. Not to mention how 2 of the last 3 6A champions were public schools.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.