Everything posted by psychicscubadiver
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #3) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
- 2016 Central KY Football Contest (Week 3) Sponsored by GRIPPOS!
- Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #3) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
Conner at Simon Kenton Predictions
No, their district is Campbell and Boone. And the required games from their school board are Dixie Heights and Scott.
-
Who Will Beat Trinity in 2016?
I think Trinity will go undefeated, but I wouldn't call it a done deal. They will definitely face teams that can beat them. The Rocks need to keep their focus and keep humble or they will be upset.
- 2016 Pick 10 Contest (Week #3) - Sponsored by Kentucky Middle School Football Assoc.
- NKY Football Contest Sponsored By Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 3)
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest Week #3 Sponsored by YOUR BUSINESS HERE!
7 - North Bullitt 5 - Elizabethtown 3 - Butler 2 - Kentucky Country Day 1 - Central TB - Elizabethtown
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (8/29)
No need to cancel football, just schedule a great team and prove yourself if you want to be called great. No one is saying that Simon Kenton is bad. Many people are just saying that they are overhyped given that Ryle is the toughest team they play all year. People want proof that a team is as good as advertised. Shrug, like I said I can't fault them for 80% of their schedule. If you would like to defend the two games I criticized then please do so instead of making hyperbolic statements that imply elitism on my part.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (8/29)
I actually have to defend SK's schedule a little. Four of their games they have to play, between two in their district (Campbell County and Boone County) and Kenton County's rule that all of their schools must play (adding Dixie and Scott). Out of the six games they have free they scheduled four teams that were expected to be good back in 2014 when they were planning the schedule (Highlands, Station, Ryle, and Cooper). My criticism really only falls on two game choices: CAL and Conner. Neither one were expected to really challenge SK and their schedule already had some soft competition. Not having at least one of the top ten teams in the state (or a strong out-of-state team) is what makes people doubt that SK is as good as advertised.
-
Lexington/Central KY Regional Football Contest Week 2 Results - Sponsored by GRIPPOS!
Mmm... first win of the season is always the sweetest.
-
Trinity at Lafayette 9/2 Predictions
I feel good about Trinity's chances in this one. Lafayette aren't to be underestimated, but Trinity's strengths match up well. Wills and Woods are a huge threat in combination, but the Trinity defense is disciplined and the line is strong. I am a little concerned about the big plays they gave up to Brentwood, (especially since Woods is a heck of a scrambler too) but that experience against Brentwood will serve them well and I suspect Beatty will have them work on that for the week ahead. Offensively, Trinity has serious weapons and I don't think Lafayette will be able to consistently stop them.
-
Simon Kenton 50 Bryan Station 7
Chuckle, just felt like the statement 'they won't win 5 games' could be inaccurate.
-
Dayton vs Bellevue continued
Time in the game?
-
Campbell County 24 Highlands 21
Other than Herron (who's a sophomore) I don't think Trinity has any college prospects this year. I don't follow recruiting that closely, but I can't remember hearing about any other Trinity players getting offers.
-
Simon Kenton 50 Bryan Station 7
I dunno, both teams already have one win. Eastern could win against Collins, Dunbar, or Butler and they are the favorite against Seneca and J-town. Station is a bit more in doubt, but they could get five wins with Madison Central, Mead County, Tates Creek and Dunbar still on the schedule. Lafayette and SK definitely look to be the strongest teams in that bracket, though.
-
Trinity 35 Brentwood Academy (TN) 21
Don't go counting Male out yet. They may have lost a lot, but they still make me nervous. They've had our number for most of the past three years.
-
Campbell County 24 Highlands 21
Are you kidding me? :confused:
- Staying Alive Contest (Week #2) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
- 2016 Pick 10 Contest (Week #2) - Sponsored by Kentucky Middle School Football Assoc.
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #2) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
- NKY Football Contest Sponsored By Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 2)
-
2016 Central KY Football Contest (Week 2) - Sponsored by Grippos
7 - Rockcastle County 5 - East Jessamine 3 - Anderson County 2 - Mercer County 1 - Lawrence County TB - Rockcastle County
-
Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #2) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
7 - Capital (WV) 5 - Hazard 3 - Wayne County 2 - Russell 1 - Central TB - Capital (WV)
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest (Week #2) Sponsored by YOUR BUSINESS HERE!
7 - North Bullitt 5 - Bullitt Central 3 - Bethlehem 2 - Central 1 - Fern Creek TB - North Bullitt