Everything posted by psychicscubadiver
-
Week 0 Matchups
In Tennessee, but the game against Brentwood (TN) the next week will be in Louisville.
-
Week 0 Matchups
Trinity vs Ensworth (TN)
-
2016 6A Preseason Top 10
Trinity got transfers? From where? This is the first I'm hearing of it.
-
KHSAA Board of Control approves Football Playoff Structure in 5A, 6A & RFP Ball
Chuckle, I do think this is a case of the KHSAA doing what it wants. The one year chance might be intended as an odd sort of apology for the super district.
-
KHSAA Board of Control approves Football Playoff Structure in 5A, 6A & RFP Ball
Ah, I misunderstood you. A greater number of Lexington schools would likely advance further. Also the non-Big Three Louisville schools would face softer competition. Shrug. Those are examples, but honestly, I don't think anybody petitioned the KHSAA for this.
-
KHSAA Board of Control approves Football Playoff Structure in 5A, 6A & RFP Ball
Who is your source on the bolded? I'm curious how you could know that none of them wanted cross-dristricting. It still seems unlikely to me that somehow the Big Three convinced the KHSAA to do this all for the sake of that one year possibility of an All-Louisville Final. And I'm glad to see that we agree on the second question. A region of three districts and a region of one district would be ridiculous.
-
KHSAA Board of Control approves Football Playoff Structure in 5A, 6A & RFP Ball
You are correct about the cross-districting in past years. I edited my post after realizing my mistake before you replied. However, given that they have done cross-districting for years it does seem to undermine your original point that this is being done for the benefit of the Big Three. And if somehow they were responsible for this round of cross-districting why is an All-Louisville Final only possible one year out of three? Also, to understand your position about creating regions, when realigning for 2019-2022 the KHSAA should not allow teams to petition to move up or down, even if that means Louisville has three districts and shares a region with a single NKY district?
-
KHSAA Board of Control approves Football Playoff Structure in 5A, 6A & RFP Ball
The bolded sections are incompatible. You cannot have 2 NKY districts without teams playing up. You would not have enough NKY teams.
-
KHSAA Board of Control approves Football Playoff Structure in 5A, 6A & RFP Ball
That is entirely incorrect. Until 2015 there were always 3 Louisville district (because they had 12 6A schools). NKY had only 5 6A schools and thus 1 district. From 11-14 the super district prevented an all-Louisville final, but before then the 2 Western KY Brackets and the Western-most Louisville brackets were regions 1 and 2, with the third Louisville district sharing a region with NKY. In 2015 Ohio County (WKY), Cooper and Conner (NKY) volunteered to move up a class into 6A. This allowed Fern Creek, Oldham County (Lou.) and Dixie Heights (NKY) to move down. This gave Louisville 10 schools and NKY 6, allowing the KHSAA to create 2 3-school NKY districts and shrink Louisville to 2 5-school districts. Assuming that the system is not manipulated (ie everyone plays where their enrollment would naturally put them) a geographical distribution would result in an All-Louisville final most years, which is why the KHSAA first created the super-district, then allowed schools to move around so they could restrict Louisville to two districts. That is why fans of the Big Three are annoyed. EDIT: And even with the cross-districting the change would only allow an All-Louisville in 2017. If this was intended to placate the grievances of the Big Three then they are only being thrown a bone.
-
2016 6A Preseason Top 10
Well, when one region has 10 schools and another has 6 there is bound to be some annoyance. Especially since they used to be 12 schools and 4 schools (requiring that 4 Jefferson County schools play in another region) until schools were moved into different classes outside of what their natural enrollment should indicate, causing uneven regions. I'll assuming you're referring to how Trinity and St. X/Male fans wish they could meet in the finals again.
-
2016 6A Preseason Top 10
I'll take a stab at it, but the disclaimer is that my opinions are partially based on the past year, as I don't know what every team returns. 1. Male They lost key players, but being the defending champions gives them the nod. 2. Trinity Neck and neck with Male, capable of taking the first slot. 3. St. X I don't know why people are discounting them. They overlooked Central, but played Male closer than anyone except Trinity, and return a solid number of players. 4. Lafayette They will return Walker Woods, and have a team with finals experience. Playing Trinity in the regular season doesn't hurt either. 5. Simon Kenton SK is on the rise, though they've still yet to prove a powerhouse outside of their region. 6. Scott County Scott County has a capable team and is the best threat to Lafayette. 7. Manual Manual has been in a bit of a slump since the rise of Male, and losing their head couch won't help. Still, they have the talent and tradition to cinch a top 10 spot. 8. Cooper Having Hendrix back is a real plus. Playing close to SK in the third round game doesn't hurt either 9. Bryan Station A solid team that will likely have another solid performance. 10. Central Hardin Had the benefit of a weak region to reach the semifinals, but still did well to win out over McCracken County, and earned the nod here.
-
50 Greatest Programs in Kentucky History: #50-31
Interesting. How many points did Trinity have and how far were they from the cut-off?
-
NKY 5A
You have to give Highlands the nod given both recent history and the district title from last year. CovCath is possible, but they'll have to prove it on the field. How is Dixie Heights? I know they had a down year after losing so much to graduation following their trip to the 6A finals, but you'd think the program would shore back up after some time.
-
2016 Sweet 16® Contest - Cash Prize - Free Membership Prize
1 - Murray 1 - Trinity 1 - Dunbar 1 - Bowling Green 1 - Doss 1 - Taylor County 1 - Christian County 1 - Owensboro Catholic 2 - Trinity 2 - Dunbar 2 - Taylor County 2 - Christian County 3 - Trinity 3 - Christian County 5 - Trinity TB - 107
-
Male 2016
Trinity lost less seniors, but the ones they did lose filled some key roles. Still the JV Rocks were undefeated (including double-digit wins against Male, St. X, and Elder[Cincinnati] JV teams). I would give Male the pre-season #1 as they are the returning champs, but I like Trinity's chances to take back the title. St. X remains a threat as always. Manual, Scott County, and others are waiting in the wings, but I don't think this season will see the Big Three having a down year.
-
NKY 6A
Simon Kenton - The strongest team in NKY 6A last year and the team to beat this year. They have been on the rise with some definite improvement but have yet to make waves outside the region. Their schedule last year was slightly above the class average, and they performed well against it. Cooper - Also a team on the rise and a threat to look out for. If I remember correctly (and feel free, if I'm wrong) they were a young team and should return a lot. They had an average schedule for the class last year and performed well, playing SK twice, with one considerable gap 27-6 and one very close game 13-12. They threaten most to take SK place as the region's best. Ryle - A serious threat returns in QB Tanner Morgan who already has two offers. They were playing an average class schedule, and performed mostly well, but lost to both SK and Cooper. I would consider them the dark horse team for region's best. Conner - An 8-4 record isn't that bad, but when all of your losses are to 6A teams and most of your wins (6 of 8) are against 5A and below, you have to question it. Still, they had two close games against Cooper and don't look to be giving up any time soon. Campbell County - They beat Boone country as their sole win. Their scedule was above class average but from how they performed against it I doubt they will turn around quickly enough to take the region's throne this year. Boone County - Once a name to be feared they've fallen on hard times. They had the strongest schedule in 6A NKY, but went 0-11 against it. I don't know what they return, but righting the ship within a year would seem to take a miracle.
-
Highlands 2016
Namecip S got you pretty good. Dunno what your reaction is about.
-
A beautiful Sign!
Chuckle, will they shell out for a new sign every other year? Because that one doesn't have room to add any more. Also, I didn't realize Trinity had road signage. The rotunda at the school's entrance shows off all the trophies, but I didn't realize we had something outside of it.
-
Simon Kenton 26 Cooper 7
I admire your dedication, but I can't say I admire how you express it. At least seeing this gave me a chuckle.
-
Highlands 2016
As a neutral observer I highly doubt SK would have a winning record against Highlands if the teams had played every year for the past decade. But in all fairness, previous state championships have little to do with which team will win in 2016.
-
Highlands 2016
I could see a few losses against the 6A teams, with their current schedule. It's still hard for me to tell if last year was proof that NKY 6A is truly improving or if Highlands just happened to have a down year. Either way, Highlands will re-orient themselves and continue to perform well against their class. Cov Cath might challenge them, but otherwise I see no problem in them getting at least to the semi-finals
-
Bowling Green 2016
With the way the Purples have built their program, and the promising look of their returning players they should do very well. The only major threat I see on the schedule is St. X, with Owensboro (and maybe McCracken) being capable of threatening but not likely. Bowling Green would definitely be my #1 pre-season team in 5A.
- Can Bowling Green High get 2 state championship rings this year??
- 2015-2016 Western KY Regional Basketball Contest (Week 8)
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest Week #8 Sponsored by Schenk Insurance
7 - Eastern 5 - PRP 3 - Henry County 2 - Male 1 - Iroquois TB - Eastern