PepRock01

Who wins?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel good about Trinity's chances in this one. Lafayette aren't to be underestimated, but Trinity's strengths match up well.

Wills and Woods are a huge threat in combination, but the Trinity defense is disciplined and the line is strong. I am a little concerned about the big plays they gave up to Brentwood, (especially since Woods is a heck of a scrambler too) but that experience against Brentwood will serve them well and I suspect Beatty will have them work on that for the week ahead.

Offensively, Trinity has serious weapons and I don't think Lafayette will be able to consistently stop them.

If Lafayette doesn't have a better game plan than they had last year, I think you'll see the same results... Walker Wood with several great plays, but the score still being a pretty wide margin. Last year, it was like they just told Wood to run around and try to make something happen, that doesn't work on teams like Trinity.

I think Walker Wood will be the difference in this one. I'm in the minority, but I believe if you combine revenge, home field and a 5 star QB, I think it might just be enough, to beat mighty Trinity!!

Walker Wood had a big game last year and they still got smoked.

I hope Lafayette wins.

So then you'll be able to pound your chest and say Trinity got beat by a team that also beat SK?

Remember the next time SK scores a point on Trinity it will be the first point they score on Trinity and that's very telling considering that in the state championship edition of the Simon Kenton beat down Trinity's starters didn't see the field in the second half but the shut out stood.

I'd like to see Trinity get the passing game going a little more. The QB they just faced for Brentwood was one of the better ones the Rocks will face all year. He did hurt T with 3 big plays (2 passing and one runnng) but I expect T will try hard this week to correct those mistakes. I know Walker was very elusive last year but if I remember correctly, the 2 TD's the Generals scored last year were on KO returns by a young man whose father is a graduate of T. T is pretty solid this year. IMO they are improved over last year.