Everything posted by psychicscubadiver
-
Mr. Football - Final 4 Candidates
I love Blackburn, but I don't think he has enough buzz to get it. Not having any offers (that I'm aware of) doesn't help either. I think the chippiness of the 6A final game also hurts his and Wood's chances. Carothers has great stats, great buzz, and spearheaded an undefeated team taking back-to-back championships. I think he has the best odds of winning it.
-
Most state runner-up finishes
I believe it would be three: Mayfield, Trinity, and Highlands.
-
My Final All-Class Top 25
Comparing scores between St. X vs Trinity and BG (and indirectly Christain County) is comparing apples and oranges. St. X didn't have their D1 starting quarterback against BG. Both times they played Trinity it was with Ridder at the helm. BG would give Trinity a great game, but the Rocks would pull out the win. Trinity vs Christian County would be at least a 3-score lead by the half.
-
State Championship Games are a Joke
No offense, but I don't think Highlands would have made it to BG this year even if they were in 4A since Johnson Central was in the Eastern bracket. Though, I am curious about how far they would've gone. Where would Highlands have been in the bracket if they were still in 4A?
-
Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship
Ah, gotcha. I misinterpreted what he was saying. I'm not saying Trinity is running on a shoestring budget, but the 'endless' resources is just silly. Nobody has that kind of money. The chants and retaliation penalties are nothing for Trinity to be proud of. They definitely lost their composure here, and I hope Beatty gives them a good dressing-down. Glad that Lafayette isn't on the schedule net year, though. If they played again the bad blood over this game would probably come to a head. Better to let both teams cool off for a couple years.
-
Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship
If you have any proof that is true then contact the KHSAA. Otherwise, it's baseless speculation.
-
Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship
'Endless resources' :lol2: If only, then we'd have gotten air-conditioning before the turn of the millennium. Also, I have a hard time believing we've got 22 coaches. That would make the sideline even more crowded than it already is.
-
Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 - 6A State Championship
Chuckle, given that public schools have won 2 of the past 4 6A state titles I do have a somewhat difficult time believing that. And as shown, you need more than two superb players; games are won by teams.
-
Lafayette vs. Trinity Updates - 6A State Championship
These calls are absolute garbage.
-
Lafayette vs. Trinity Updates - 6A State Championship
It's not patronizing, just the truth. And Trinity has played and beaten GCL teams before. They're hardly strangers to tough competition.
- 2016 King of the Carpet Contest (All Comers) FINAL Round 5 PM 12/2 DEADLINE
-
Is Philip Haywood's Coaching Wins Record Unbreakable?
At first I was a bit surprised not to see Beatty in the top twenty, but then I recalled that 2016 is only his 17th season. He'll break into the top ten, but I doubt he'll coach long enough to reach Haywood's record.
-
Regional Playoff Contest (Invitees Only) Championship Week
7 - Trinity 5 - Hazard 3 - Franklin-Simpson 2 - Danville 1 - Central TB - Trinity I have to depend on some upsets if I want to steal first, but I just couldn't pick against my Rocks.
- 2016 King of the Carpet Contest (All Comers) Round 4 FORMAT CHANGE
-
Regional Playoff Contest (Invitees Only) Week 4
7 - Johnson Central 5 - Central 3 - South Oldham 2 - Beechwood 1 - Lafayette TB - Lafeyette
-
Trinity vs. St. Xavier Class 6A Semifinal
The river must be rising, because there're sandbags as far as the eye can see. :lol2:
-
Lafayette 63 Simon Kenton 41
Is that the case? They would be at the mercy of the talent cycles then. Are there any football playing privates other than Lexington Catholic and Lexington Christian Academy?
-
Trinity vs. St. Xavier Class 6A Semifinal
The 2014 Male would've also taken the rest of the field (save St. X) to the woodshed. Both regular season and playoff games went into overtime with Trinity taking the latter and then the title.
-
Lafayette 63 Simon Kenton 41
Even if Trinity's well ran dry, they'd find a walk to win. Beatty's got the magic touch. :walk:
-
Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal
I'd love to see Fern Creek with the upset, but I'm not excepting it.
-
Scott County 42 Ryle 40
I believe he's referring to some comments made in the SK/Ryle game thread that futurecoach just brought back up. Quote Originally Posted by KY Outsider Both of these teams are better than X and Male. I also think either can compete with Trinity. Quote Originally Posted by KY Outsider These teams were ranked 2&3 in the state for a reason. I have seen X play and both of these teams are 2 scores better than them.
-
Lafayette 63 Simon Kenton 41
A great game by two strong teams. One thing I am curious though is the sustainability of Lafayette's success. It seems like both last year and this year they cinch the win with some supremely talented players. Will that well run dry anytime soon? Will they still compete at a high level if it does? I could easily see Lafayette becoming the destination school for football in Lexington, but I'm curious to hear from the people who live there and know it better.
-
Trinity vs. St. Xavier Class 6A Semifinal
Trinity, but they need to be ready. St. X will be pumped for this and we started a bit slow against Ballard. The Rocks can't expect a repeat of last game with X peaking right now. What kind of crowd will we get? A fair share of people should be in town for Thanksgiving.
-
Trinity 63 Ballard 20
I knew we wouldn't shut them out again, but I was impressed that they took 20 points. Still, Rocks kept their heads and buckled down on defense. A good showing by both teams.
-
Notable Streaks in Ky HS Football
Having the longest winning streak in the history of the state is a pretty good reason. :lol2: