Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Final All-Class Top 25

Featured Replies

1. Trinity- Clearly #1

2. Bowling Green- Clearly #2

3. St. X- Clearly the 2nd best 6A team

4. Male- Gave X & T all they wanted, would have won the East

5. Belfry- One of the best small school teams of all-time, dominated 3A and beat Johnson Central on the road

6. Johnson Central- The best team in 4A by a wide margin, red zone efficiency away from being ahead of Belfry

7. Lafayette- Won 6A East, but truth be told didn't really impress as much I had hoped

8. Scott County- Neck and neck with Lafayette but came up short

9. Ryle- Best in NKY 6A

10. DuPont Manual- All three losses competitive against Top 5 teams

11. Simon Kenton- Very good 6A team but could not get over the hump

12. PRP- Four tough losses to the Big 3 and a tight loss to Manual

13. Christian County- Played Bowling Green the best

14. Ballard- All their losses to Jefferson Co powers, but a little more lopsided fashion, beat DeSales

15. CAL- The best 2A team, but loss to Simon Kenton shows they weren't quite to that level

16. DeSales- Gave CAL all they wanted

17. Fern Creek- Lost to DeSales, competed against Bowling Green and Manual in losses

18. CovCath- Lost to Fern Creek, the best "non-6A" NKY school

19. Mayfeld- Just overmatched against CAL but a very good team

20. Corbin- Competed with Belfry for 3 quarters and narrow loss to Mayfield, the best SKY team

21. Conner- Quality 6A team

22. Owensboro- Beat Christian County but lost to OCath. Didn't compete with BG as much as Christian County did.

23. Franklin-Simpson- Undefeated with good wins but took one on the chin to Johnson Central.

24. Cooper- Similar to Conner, but Conner beat them.

25. Pulaski County- Surged late with Jake Johnson.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MF higher, vs CAL without 2 starters, one the best defensive player. This was still a game until late into 4th Q

Not much to argue with there in my estimation.

 

Louisville teams seemed much stronger outside of the big name programs than usual this year. PRP, Fern Creek and Ballard all are better than I expected.

Beechwood would beat Franklin Simpson. Very little doubt in my mind about that.

 

I also am pretty confident that end of the year Beechwood would beat Conner. They played them dead even in a scrimmage at the start of the year and Beechwood improved tremendously during this season.

 

I will post my top 25 in this thread tonight when I have time to really think about it.

  • Author
MF higher, vs CAL without 2 starters, one the best defensive player. This was still a game until late into 4th Q

 

Mayfield over DeSales?

Mayfield over DeSales?

 

Yes, we lost to CAL but it was a game until the late game pic and then we had to go into desperation mode that factored into the final score margin. And that game we were without 2 starters, one was our best defensive player. I think my case is solid

Yes, we lost to CAL but it was a game until the late game pic and then we had to go into desperation mode that factored into the final score margin. And that game we were without 2 starters, one was our best defensive player. I think my case is solid

 

Mayfield loss to CAL was no indication of how the game was played. It was tied until the pick 6 with about 6 minutes to go. Then it got out of hand with some more CAL scores.

 

The only thing on this list I think is missing was O Cath. They lose to Mater Dei and Mayfield, but beat a very good Owensboro team.

Solid rankings. Might wanna change that Corbin competed with Belfry for three quarters. I'd say three and a half quarters. :p The Redhounds actually led 17-14 with seven minutes remaining in the game before all heck broke loose!

Mayfield loss to CAL was no indication of how the game was played. It was tied until the pick 6 with about 6 minutes to go. Then it got out of hand with some more CAL scores.

 

The only thing on this list I think is missing was O Cath. They lose to Mater Dei and Mayfield, but beat a very good Owensboro team.

 

The pick 6 occurred at MF had driven deep into CAL territory and the intended receiver falls to the ground leaving Mr.Wright with a easy pick 6. When I saw the receiver go down clutching his head with both hands and he did not get up due to his injury, I am thinking there had to be some sort of pass interference or holding or something for him to have gone down like that. It turns out that the reason he went down was due to getting a neck spasm at the worst possible time. Anyway CAL goes on to the win and they are deserving of it

 

I agree, OC was one of the best teams we faced

I also am pretty confident that end of the year Beechwood would beat Conner. They played them dead even in a scrimmage at the start of the year and Beechwood improved tremendously during this season..

 

I watched this scrimmage (again) and it didn't appear very even, Conner would still win.

I think Christian County could be higher. Bad loss to Owensboro in a monsoon that really even out the playing field still only gave up 18pts in regulation...played BG better than anyone on their schedule including X. Can't wait to see if this team has really closed that gap or not.

  • Author
I think Christian County could be higher. Bad loss to Owensboro in a monsoon that really even out the playing field still only gave up 18pts in regulation...played BG better than anyone on their schedule including X. Can't wait to see if this team has really closed that gap or not.

 

I truly feel they were the 2nd best 5A team but cannot justify putting them above any of those 6A teams, Johnson Central, or Belfry. Maybe above PRP... but I just don't see enough signature wins to validate it.

I don't think T is clearly #1. IMO this year's BG team would win a head-to-head.

I don't think T is clearly #1. IMO this year's BG team would win a head-to-head.

 

Do you think Trinity would have allowed either Christian Co. Or Pulaski Co to be in the game at halftime like Bowling Green allowed? I dont think Trinity would have allowed either game to be close even at half. While I think Lafeyette would have been a handful for Bowling Green to stop, because they were a better offense than either Christian Co or Pulaski. Pulaski had great success until their stud player got banged up. It would have been a high scoring game with Bowling Green winning if they played Lafayette.

 

It's a shame that St. X QB didn't play against Bowling Green, because it would have gave a better judge on it. If Trinity and Bowling Green played I think Trinity wins 35 to 21.

  • Author
I don't think T is clearly #1. IMO this year's BG team would win a head-to-head.

 

Here's what I will say

 

When I am incorrect or proven wrong I will try to admit it instead of beating my opinion into the ground.

 

Earlier this year I stated that I didn't think Bowling Green was in the same realm as Male or Trinity and I was wrong. Even after Male fell off I still felt that Trinity was on a different level and Bowling Green would not have a shot, and I also will come off that stance.

 

When Bowling Green is humming they are as good or better than anyone in the State and if they could be "on" for 4 Quarters they could at the very least go toe to toe with Trinity if not beat them. I will gladly concede that.

 

The issue is, Bowling Green rarely "brought it" for 4 Quarters, and often would even have an entire Half where they would try to find their way. It happened against Christian County, Owensboro, and even Pulaski.

 

Trinity, OTOH, by and large was pretty consistent all season. Had Trinity played a Christian County, Pulaski, etc..I wouldn't expect any of those games to be close at Halftime. I think this is what separates the two for me. A Game vs. A Game I think BGHS may be the best in the State, but from a 15 game picture and 30 Halves Trinity just looks like the overall more consistent and better team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.