Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Final All-Class Top 25

Featured Replies

I think you all are seriously underestimating the depth and athlete advantages the second-tier 6-A schools (Lafayette, Scott County, PRP, Simon Kenton, Ryle, etc.) would have over schools like Johnson Central and Belfry.

 

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to Johnson Central or Belfry, as I was very impressed with both this weekend. But as someone who primarily covers 6-A football, you'd better have something more than a great rushing attack to compete with the best in 6-A. You have to have some balance on offense, or those 6-A defenses will eat you alive.

 

Again, not a knock on Belfry or Johnson Central. They can rely almost solely on the run - be really, really good at it - and that's all they need offensively to win their classes.

Your candor is appreciated, especially considering you are using your real name on here. That is refreshing. No offense taken.

 

By and large, I agree with you, but there are teams that come along that are exceptions to the rule. I think JC and Belfry in 2016 may be exactly that.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your candor is appreciated, especially considering you are using your real name on here. That is refreshing. No offense taken.

 

By and large, I agree with you, but there are teams that come along that are exceptions to the rule. I think JC and Belfry in 2016 may be exactly that.

 

This. All of it.

  • Author

I also have to wonder if balance would be the issue of debate if Belfry and Johnson Central were passing it 95% of the time and winning?

I don't think T is clearly #1. IMO this year's BG team would win a head-to-head.

 

I completely agree with this. For anyone to say Trinity is "clearly" better than BG is not correct.

But CAL lost to SK by 30+ points.

 

but that was the very first game of the year, and SK was actually good this year. I'm not saying they're better than all 6A teams, but they are better than a lot of them. SK was one of 6A's best this year

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.