Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Final All-Class Top 25

Featured Replies

So, what are you complaining about then? :lol2:

 

It's innocent fun! Not really complaining. Just asking questions people can't answer. Look. I get it. The majority of the teams in the Top 25 are going to be from 6-A and 5-A with a few from 4-A, 3-A, 2-A, and 1-A. That's how it goes. I'm just questioning why Owensboro is in the Top 25. The answer I'm getting is that they played better. The only game I think they won when they were the under dog was the Christian Co. Looking at OHS schedule the Christian Co game was the only game that they played that would be considered a "impact" game. Just like OC, the only game on their schedule I would say that was an "impact" game would be Owensboro.

 

Owensboro Schedule- Other then Christian Co, name one game on here that would be considered a big win?

Aug 19, 16 Warren Central home (W) 43 - 6

Aug 26, 16 Madisonville-North Hopkins away (W) 48 - 28

Sep 2, 16 Owensboro Catholic away (L) 29 - 34

Sep 9, 16 Bowling Green home (L) 0 - 47

Sep 16, 16 Daviess County home (W) 36 - 6

Sep 30, 16 Christian County away (W) 27 - 24 (double overtime)

Oct 7, 16 Marshall County away (W) 50 - 16

Oct 14, 16 Apollo home (W) 35 - 14

Oct 21, 16 Graves County home (W) 35 - 6

Oct 28, 16 Henderson County away (W) 60 - 13

  • Replies 109
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name on game on Owensboro Catholic schedule other then Owensboro, that is considered a BIG win.

 

Aug 19, 16 Evansville Mater Dei, IN home (L) 29 - 54

Aug 26, 16 Daviess County away (W) 41 - 19

Sep 2, 16 Owensboro home (W) 34 - 29

Sep 9, 16 South Spencer, IN away (W) 51 - 21

Sep 16, 16 Apollo away (W) 36 - 12

Sep 23, 16 Butler County away (W) 42 - 28

Sep 30, 16 McLean County home (W) 43 - 0

Oct 7, 16 Hancock County away (W) 38 - 11

Oct 14, 16 Todd County Central home (W) 56 - 7

Oct 28, 16 North Hardin home (W) 38 - 35

Its already been explained to you a long time ago that OHS won 6 games vs the top 7000 and OC won 4. OHS best win was better than OC's. The "people can't answer" is code for you don't like it that nobody agrees with you.

@Rambo4343 I've enjoyed reading through it.

 

I haven't seen a question you asked that someone didn't answer. The impression I get is the people who ranked Owensboro ahead of OCath honestly think that Owensboro would beat OCath at this point in time. I'm not sure what is hard to understand about it.

 

Curious why you didn't include the playoff games in your example?

  • Author

For the record I still stand by my original rankings and have not been persuaded otherwise except for the possible exception of flipping DeSales and Mayfield. I want a CAL fan to weigh in who they thought were the better foe of the two.

 

The more explosive Offensive team in Mayfield or the much tougher Defensive team in DeSales? I see the Arnett argument for Mayfield's Defense but the thread leading up to the game insisted that the Arnett suspension was something the Mayfield defense was rallying around as motivation.

For the record I still stand by my original rankings and have not been persuaded otherwise except for the possible exception of flipping DeSales and Mayfield. I want a CAL fan to weigh in who they thought were the better foe of the two.

 

The more explosive Offensive team in Mayfield or the much tougher Defensive team in DeSales? I see the Arnett argument for Mayfield's Defense but the thread leading up to the game insisted that the Arnett suspension was something the Mayfield defense was rallying around as motivation.

 

Why Desales over LCA?

For the record I still stand by my original rankings and have not been persuaded otherwise except for the possible exception of flipping DeSales and Mayfield. I want a CAL fan to weigh in who they thought were the better foe of the two.

 

The more explosive Offensive team in Mayfield or the much tougher Defensive team in DeSales? I see the Arnett argument for Mayfield's Defense but the thread leading up to the game insisted that the Arnett suspension was something the Mayfield defense was rallying around as motivation.

They might have been more motivated before the game but when it starts nobody's thinking of that.

 

Also, some teams match up better than others.

 

All I know is this, Arnett not playing didn't help our cause.

  • Author
Why Desales over LCA?

 

DeSales gave the 2A State Champion everything they wanted twice, has a win over a very good 5A Fern Creek, played up for wins against north Hardin, Butler, and Fairdale. Outside of a regular season win over Danville (who did not play CAL as close as DeSales) by two points what on LCA's resume is better than that Fern Creek win or for that matter the North Hardin win?

@Rambo4343 I've enjoyed reading through it.

 

I haven't seen a question you asked that someone didn't answer. The impression I get is the people who ranked Owensboro ahead of OCath honestly think that Owensboro would beat OCath at this point in time. I'm not sure what is hard to understand about it.

 

Curious why you didn't include the playoff games in your example?

 

No reason. I can. But then we going to say oh wow big win vs Webster and then Oh Wow OHS big win over Grayson Co. Then Oh wow Big win over Murray, Oh wow Big win over Greenwood. Then Oh crap both got beat by Mayfield and BG.

 

I'm just curious outside of Christian who was Owensboro's best win?

Same as OC outside of Owensboro who was OC's best win?

 

Answer I'm getting: "Owensboro's best win was better then OC's best win".

 

My answer "Check this out OC's best win was Owensboro. Owensboro's best win was Christian Co."

 

Christian Co. is ranked 13. They got moral points for playing BG "tough" in the playoffs. Owensboro is 22. Owensboro Catholic is not ranked. But in the WESTERN KY poll you guys had them above Owensboro.

Its already been explained to you a long time ago that OHS won 6 games vs the top 7000 and OC won 4. OHS best win was better than OC's. The "people can't answer" is code for you don't like it that nobody agrees with you.

 

Check this out. Owensboro Catholic's best win was Owensboro. Owensboro's best win was Christian Co., who's also ranked above Owensboro. Owensboro Catholic is not ranked.

 

You can't make that stuff up guys. Well maybe you can. I don't care if people agree with me or don't agree with me. Does that mean your right if everyone agrees with you. The polls in Oct had Hillary with a double digit lead vs. Trump. Does that mean Hillary should of won?

No reason. I can. But then we going to say oh wow big win vs Webster and then Oh Wow OHS big win over Grayson Co. Then Oh wow Big win over Murray, Oh wow Big win over Greenwood. Then Oh crap both got beat by Mayfield and BG.

 

I'm just curious outside of Christian who was Owensboro's best win?

Same as OC outside of Owensboro who was OC's best win?

 

Answer I'm getting: "Owensboro's best win was better then OC's best win".

 

My answer "Check this out OC's best win was Owensboro. Owensboro's best win was Christian Co."

 

Christian Co. is ranked 13. They got moral points for playing BG "tough" in the playoffs. Owensboro is 22. Owensboro Catholic is not ranked. But in the WESTERN KY poll you guys had them above Owensboro.

I figured the playoff games were a more recent example and part of the body of work for both teams. Odd that you left them off.

 

"you guys" ? I'm not guilty there. :D

 

I think we are reading thoughts from 3-4 of you guys ;) who just have a different philosophy about how to rank teams in December. Everybody has their own criteria I guess. I really don't have a dog in this fight but it has been informative and entertaining. And it has made me think a little.

Check this out. Owensboro Catholic's best win was Owensboro. Owensboro's best win was Christian Co., who's also ranked above Owensboro. Owensboro Catholic is not ranked.

 

You can't make that stuff up guys. Well maybe you can. I don't care if people agree with me or don't agree with me. Does that mean your right if everyone agrees with you. The polls in Oct had Hillary with a double digit lead vs. Trump. Does that mean Hillary should of won?

 

You really try hard to avoid the 6 wins vs 4 wins thing don't you? Just act like it doesn't matter. Like I never said it 2x at least. The whole schedule is equal and only 1 game matters.

TRINITY DANVILLE

BOWLING GREEN OWENSBORO

ST XAVIER MCCRACKEN CO

MALE BEECHWOOD

LAFAYETTE S.WARREN

SCOTT CO CENTRAL

RYLE HOPKINSVILLE

BELFRY LCA

JOHNSON CENTRAL MAD CENTRAL

SIMON KENTON LEX CATHOLIC

MANUAL SOUTHWESTERN

PRP ELIZABETHTOWN

CAL O'BORO CATHOLIC

BALLARD ROCKCASTLE CO

MAYFIELD GREENWOOD

DESALES PAINTSVILLE

CHRISTIAN CO WAYNE CO

CONNER SHELBY CO

FERN CREEK C.HARDIN

COV CATHOLIC ASHLAND

CORBIN HAZARD

F. SIMPSON RUSSELL

PULASKI CO BARDSTOWN

COOPER CAMPBELL CO

S.OLDHAM COV HOLY CROSS

I think you all are seriously underestimating the depth and athlete advantages the second-tier 6-A schools (Lafayette, Scott County, PRP, Simon Kenton, Ryle, etc.) would have over schools like Johnson Central and Belfry.

 

I used to firmly believe this, but then saw situations like CAL this year embarrassing some of the better 6A schools in the city of Louisville. Upon the occurrence of injuries, the 6A schools definitely have depth, but sometimes teams like CAL and Belfry just get these absolutely stellar classes that kick butt.

I used to firmly believe this, but then saw situations like CAL this year embarrassing some of the better 6A schools in the city of Louisville. Upon the occurrence of injuries, the 6A schools definitely have depth, but sometimes teams like CAL and Belfry just get these absolutely stellar classes that kick butt.

 

But CAL lost to SK by 30+ points.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.