Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Final All-Class Top 25

Featured Replies

FWIW, Calpreps Top 25 is as follows:

 

1. Trinity

2. Bowling Green

3. St. Xavier

4. Lafayette

5. Johnson Central

6. Belfry

7. Male

8. Scott County

9. Ryle

10. Manual

11. CAL

12. Simon Kenton

13. PRP

14. Covington Catholic

15. Ballard

16. Fern Creek

17. Christian County

18. Corbin

19. Franklin-Simpson

20. Mayfield

21. Conner

22. Central

23. Owensboro

24. Cooper

25. DeSales

 

I have a hard time liking a ranking list that ignores head to head results.

 

Johnson Central ahead of Belfry? Corbin ahead of Mayfield?

  • Replies 109
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where the South Warren thing is coming from, though I've probably had even more silly thoughts than that before. I just looked it up and my first top 5 of the season was Trinity, St. X, Lafayette, BG and Male. I don't recall putting one together in the preseason.

  • Author
I'm not sure where the South Warren thing is coming from, though I've probably had even more silly thoughts than that before. I just looked it up and my first top 5 of the season was Trinity, St. X, Lafayette, BG and Male. I don't recall putting one together in the preseason.

FWIW,

 

I am not sure about a Pre-Season ranking, but do remember you and some Belfry fans going back in forth early in the year about the Top 5 and you had South Warren at like #4 or #5 (obviously before they got exposed).

 

 

I don't fault that too much (we all get snowed by teams that do not pan out), but it does go to show that you obviously have no issue with a 4A school being considered a Top 5 team and being in the discussion with these other powerhouse 6A Schools, which opens the door to ask "Why not Belfry or Johnson Central?"

 

I also want to make it clear, this is not a debate of the smaller schools vs. the Big 3 or Bowling Green. We are debating your statement in regards to the "second tier" 6A Schools that would "eat them alive" with their Defense or that we are "Severely underestimating their depth and athlete advantages".

 

I find it hard to buy this when I see Lafayette allowing 40+ points 5 times (including 50+ to Bryan Station), Scott County allowing Highlands and CovCath to play with them this season, SK giving up 53 to Highlands and allowing over 2000 rushing yards, and Ryle having a D Far from the steel curtain themselves. Maybe could have bought it more if you said Belfry and JC would struggle to stop their Offense, but using their Defense as the example?

How is Owensboro ranked higher then Owensboro Catholic?

 

Team A has 6 wins over the top 7000 and beat #1372 as its best win.

Team B has 4 wins over the top 7000 and beat #1609 as its best win.

Who are you going with?

I have a hard time liking a ranking list that ignores head to head results.

 

Johnson Central ahead of Belfry? Corbin ahead of Mayfield?

The Belfry/Johnson Central rankings could go either way for me. I watched them square off and they were just about dead even. There were several big plays and breaks that happened in that game. Belfry got the best of them that night, but in a 10 game series, I would be afraid to bet on either team to win more than 5. Even as a Pirate fan I have no problem ranking JC ahead of us. They looked pretty darn impressive in the playoffs.

 

Corbin/Mayfield were both pretty close too, and I don't know enough about either to argue it. Corbin may have been better than them by the end of the year, maybe not. The Redhounds gave Belfry all they wanted for 3 quarters.

 

Of course we are talking about a computer rating, without the ability to reason. It's just math.

Team A has 6 wins over the top 7000 and beat #1372 as its best win.

Team B has 4 wins over the top 7000 and beat #1609 as its best win.

Who are you going with?

 

I am Assuming Team A is Owensboro and Team B is Owensboro Catholic.

If So...Team B beat Team A head to head.

The Belfry/Johnson Central rankings could go either way for me. I watched them square off and they were just about dead even. There were several big plays and breaks that happened in that game. Belfry got the best of them that night, but in a 10 game series, I would be afraid to bet on either team to win more than 5. Even as a Pirate fan I have no problem ranking JC ahead of us. They looked pretty darn impressive in the playoffs.

 

Corbin/Mayfield were both pretty close too, and I don't know enough about either to argue it. Corbin may have been better than them by the end of the year, maybe not. The Redhounds gave Belfry all they wanted for 3 quarters.

 

Of course we are talking about a computer rating, without the ability to reason. It's just math.

 

I realize how close the two are and appreciate your eyewitness evaluation.

 

I just always had trouble with these things whether it's Calpreps or Litkenhouse that do not, or will not weigh a head to head result.

I am Assuming Team A is Owensboro and Team B is Owensboro Catholic.

If So...Team B beat Team A head to head.

 

So...this is sports. Upsets happen. One game is 1/13 th of the resume after playoffs for both teams.

Broncos lost to the Chiefs , Colts, Raiders, and Steelers last year, which one are you sending the super bowl trophy to?

I realize how close the two are and appreciate your eyewitness evaluation.

 

I just always had trouble with these things whether it's Calpreps or Litkenhouse that do not, or will not weigh a head to head result.

 

The do weigh it. Its 1/10 th of the regular season resume for both teams.

I thought we were discussing High School?

 

Is there a class system in NFL?

I am Assuming Team A is Owensboro and Team B is Owensboro Catholic.

If So...Team B beat Team A head to head.

 

On September 2nd. Three months later teams certainly change. Owensboro seemed much improved as the season progressed, beating teams like Christian County, Graves County, and Greenwood, while competing with Bowling Green. Owensboro Catholic beat no one of note other than North Hardin (who faded down the stretch) and then lost to Mayfield in the playoffs. I'd have no problem saying Owensboro is better than Owensboro Catholic.

The thread should read maxpreps final 25.

I thought we were discussing High School?

 

Is there a class system in NFL?

 

Nice logical fallacy and trying to distract. We are talking about head to head results and apparently they matter more than anything when your team is involved but don't matter when you don't care. Fern Creek beat Covington Catholic by a small margin on their home field. Covington Catholic turned the ball over 6 times. On an average night Cov Cath doesn't turn the ball over 6 times. Cov Cath still has a better resume than Fern Creek. Welcome to sports.

Nice logical fallacy and trying to distract. We are talking about head to head results and apparently they matter more than anything when your team is involved but don't matter when you don't care. Fern Creek beat Covington Catholic by a small margin on their home field. Covington Catholic turned the ball over 6 times. On an average night Cov Cath doesn't turn the ball over 6 times. Cov Cath still has a better resume than Fern Creek. Welcome to sports.

 

You brought up the AFC west division pretty much and I have no logic and distracting? I brought up a head to head matchup that has more logic then your NFL afc west analogy.

 

Bottom line this is the same top 25 or close to, that maxpreps or calpreps has, correct?

You brought up the AFC west division pretty much and I have no logic and distracting? I brought up a head to head matchup that has more logic then your NFL afc west analogy.

 

Bottom line this is the same top 25 or close to, that maxpreps or calpreps has, correct?

 

GCHS posted Calpreps rating. I posted maxpreps.

Rivalry games are tough

Kids are kids and not robots

teams get better or worse as the season goes along

upsets happen

i have high school examples you haven't addressed

Pulaski lost 21-6 to Southwest so they are clearly not as good right? I have seen dozens of playoff rematches go totally opposite.

Bottom Line Owensboro had a better team and would be favored in a rematch today.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.