Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Final All-Class Top 25

Featured Replies

  • Author
Do you think Trinity would have allowed either Christian Co. Or Pulaski Co to be in the game at halftime like Bowling Green allowed? I dont think Trinity would have allowed either game to be close even at half. While I think Lafeyette would have been a handful for Bowling Green to stop, because they were a better offense than either Christian Co or Pulaski. Pulaski had great success until their stud player got banged up. It would have been a high scoring game with Bowling Green winning if they played Lafayette.

 

It's a shame that St. X QB didn't play against Bowling Green, because it would have gave a better judge on it. If Trinity and Bowling Green played I think Trinity wins 35 to 21.

 

Stole my thunder as I was typing it..LOL

  • Replies 109
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Do you think Trinity would have allowed either Christian Co. Or Pulaski Co to be in the game at halftime like Bowling Green allowed? I dont think Trinity would have allowed either game to be close even at half. While I think Lafeyette would have been a handful for Bowling Green to stop, because they were a better offense than either Christian Co or Pulaski. Pulaski had great success until their stud player got banged up. It would have been a high scoring game with Bowling Green winning if they played Lafayette.

 

It's a shame that St. X QB didn't play against Bowling Green, because it would have gave a better judge on it. If Trinity and Bowling Green played I think Trinity wins 35 to 21.

 

Stole my thunder as I was typing it..LOL

I watched this scrimmage (again) and it didn't appear very even, Conner would still win.

 

I disagree with this. Beechwood was no good when they played Conner in August and hung with them. After that game I thought Connor was very average and I thought Beechwood would go 5-5 this year. I have never seen a team improve as much as BW in one season. I also think BW is better than Conner. One common opponent was New Cath and Conner kind of struggled with them at home and BW completely dominated them late in the year on the road.

IMHO, and I'll go ahead and state that I am not a Purple fan, but it appeared to me that late in the season BG played down to the level of their competition. Futurecoach brought up Owensboro, the same Owensboro team BG beat 47-0 in Rash. Christian County, the same school BG also running clocked in their first meeting. We all saw what this team did in the second halfs of their Playoffs game, DOMINATED. They scored 48 points in a half IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! You can say Pulaski'a best weapon went out and that made a difference, which I'm sure it did, but the inevitable was going to happen. Ask Christian County what happens when you try and rely on one player against BG. Adjustments get made at halftime and it's a totally different ballgame. Pulaski had a heck of a team, not taking away from them, but this BG could not be stopped, especially on the Offensive side of the ball. Payne, Carothers, Tisdale, Wilson, Kenner, Brown.... I don't think any school had the caliber of skill players that this school was blessed with this year. In most seasons they probably do not beat Trinity, but this season would've been different.

IMHO, and I'll go ahead and state that I am not a Purple fan, but it appeared to me that late in the season BG played down to the level of their competition. Futurecoach brought up Owensboro, the same Owensboro team BG beat 47-0 in Rash. Christian County, the same school BG also running clocked in their first meeting. We all saw what this team did in the second halfs of their Playoffs game, DOMINATED. They scored 48 points in a half IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! You can say Pulaski'a best weapon went out and that made a difference, which I'm sure it did, but the inevitable was going to happen. Ask Christian County what happens when you try and rely on one player against BG. Adjustments get made at halftime and it's a totally different ballgame. Pulaski had a heck of a team, not taking away from them, but this BG could not be stopped, especially on the Offensive side of the ball. Payne, Carothers, Tisdale, Wilson, Kenner, Brown.... I don't think any school had the caliber of skill players that this school was blessed with this year. In most seasons they probably do not beat Trinity, but this season would've been different.

I know I'm bias but I think Christian County could hang in there with Trinity and give them a game.. Also Christian just didn't just rely on Catlett who had a good game but had 1 WR Long had around 150 yards and another WR Trice had around 90 plus Taylor ran hard.. Don't think they plain on having 6 turnovers and 180 yards in penalties plus a blocked punt. They put more points on the board against BG both times than ST. X did who gave what I heard a good fight for most part against Trinty.. As far as Lex Lafayette BG would beat em and Christian would give them all they want.. Just wasn't overly impress by em.

I'm still trying to figure out Owensboro on the list and not Owensboro Catholic.

Here's what I will say

 

When I am incorrect or proven wrong I will try to admit it instead of beating my opinion into the ground.

 

Earlier this year I stated that I didn't think Bowling Green was in the same realm as Male or Trinity and I was wrong. Even after Male fell off I still felt that Trinity was on a different level and Bowling Green would not have a shot, and I also will come off that stance.

 

When Bowling Green is humming they are as good or better than anyone in the State and if they could be "on" for 4 Quarters they could at the very least go toe to toe with Trinity if not beat them. I will gladly concede that.

 

The issue is, Bowling Green rarely "brought it" for 4 Quarters, and often would even have an entire Half where they would try to find their way. It happened against Christian County, Owensboro, and even Pulaski.

 

Trinity, OTOH, by and large was pretty consistent all season. Had Trinity played a Christian County, Pulaski, etc..I wouldn't expect any of those games to be close at Halftime. I think this is what separates the two for me. A Game vs. A Game I think BGHS may be the best in the State, but from a 15 game picture and 30 Halves Trinity just looks like the overall more consistent and better team.

 

I cannot disagree with this post. Well thought out and well said. I do believe BG is a team built on adjustments on the fly and their second half vs first half results seem to back this. However how much would they give up to T in the first half is the question. BG is VERY complete on the offensive side, with that said their weakness was the DBs (exception to vito). I believe T would have exploited this better than anyone else. Who knows though as the game never happened and that in itself is a crying shame.

I know I'm bias but I think Christian County could hang in there with Trinity and give them a game.. Also Christian just didn't just rely on Catlett who had a good game but had 1 WR Long had around 150 yards and another WR Trice had around 90 plus Taylor ran hard.. Don't think they plain on having 6 turnovers and 180 yards in penalties plus a blocked punt. They put more points on the board against BG both times than ST. X did who gave what I heard a good fight for most part against Trinty.. As far as Lex Lafayette BG would beat em and Christian would give them all they want.. Just wasn't overly impress by em.

 

Comparing scores between St. X vs Trinity and BG (and indirectly Christain County) is comparing apples and oranges. St. X didn't have their D1 starting quarterback against BG. Both times they played Trinity it was with Ridder at the helm.

 

BG would give Trinity a great game, but the Rocks would pull out the win. Trinity vs Christian County would be at least a 3-score lead by the half.

IMHO, and I'll go ahead and state that I am not a Purple fan, but it appeared to me that late in the season BG played down to the level of their competition. Futurecoach brought up Owensboro, the same Owensboro team BG beat 47-0 in Rash. Christian County, the same school BG also running clocked in their first meeting. We all saw what this team did in the second halfs of their Playoffs game, DOMINATED. They scored 48 points in a half IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! You can say Pulaski'a best weapon went out and that made a difference, which I'm sure it did, but the inevitable was going to happen. Ask Christian County what happens when you try and rely on one player against BG. Adjustments get made at halftime and it's a totally different ballgame. Pulaski had a heck of a team, not taking away from them, but this BG could not be stopped, especially on the Offensive side of the ball. Payne, Carothers, Tisdale, Wilson, Kenner, Brown.... I don't think any school had the caliber of skill players that this school was blessed with this year. In most seasons they probably do not beat Trinity, but this season would've been different.

 

You kind of just went against your own statement. You admit one very talented player on each of those teams had good games and helped keep their teams close in the first half. Trinity has a full teams of talented players front up front to skill positions. If Bowling Green got off to slow starts against Trinity, the game would be over already.

 

Plus the overall competition Trinity played all year was better. Not to mention Trinity their first game against St.X beat them by about the same score as BG did. Except St.X qb actually played against Trinity unlike BG.

 

BG is one of the top programs in the state. However when you look at each team, and the competition they played, and how they won. Then yes I would give Trinity the nod.

 

I do hope these two teams eventually schedule each other.

IMHO, and I'll go ahead and state that I am not a Purple fan, but it appeared to me that late in the season BG played down to the level of their competition. Futurecoach brought up Owensboro, the same Owensboro team BG beat 47-0 in Rash. Christian County, the same school BG also running clocked in their first meeting. We all saw what this team did in the second halfs of their Playoffs game, DOMINATED. They scored 48 points in a half IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! You can say Pulaski'a best weapon went out and that made a difference, which I'm sure it did, but the inevitable was going to happen. Ask Christian County what happens when you try and rely on one player against BG. Adjustments get made at halftime and it's a totally different ballgame. Pulaski had a heck of a team, not taking away from them, but this BG could not be stopped, especially on the Offensive side of the ball. Payne, Carothers, Tisdale, Wilson, Kenner, Brown.... I don't think any school had the caliber of skill players that this school was blessed with this year. In most seasons they probably do not beat Trinity, but this season would've been different.

 

 

Disagree completely. Do not think BG would've "inevitably" dominated regardless of Pulaski losing Johnson & Hopkins, not to mention their leading tackler Maxey.

 

I'm not throwing excuses out as BG was the better team. Pulaski dresses 50 or so compared to around 100 to BG- depth is an issue from the start.

 

When you lose your Mr Football candidate who proved that he could change the game, Pulaski is no where near the same team. BG didn't have to even worry about Johnson in the 2nd half and now became forced to use some defensive guys on offense.

 

Like I say BG is a great team but Pulaski just was not there going into the 4th qtr mentally showing by two special teams lapses.

 

That was easy to see and not a knock on BG at all. As I said, their depth was a huge advantage and would've likely carried them through regardless. They were a great team and no doubt the best in 5A.

 

Pulaski played down for down with BG in the 1st half accumulating more 1st half yards with a balanced attack.

I think you all are seriously underestimating the depth and athlete advantages the second-tier 6-A schools (Lafayette, Scott County, PRP, Simon Kenton, Ryle, etc.) would have over schools like Johnson Central and Belfry.

I think you all are seriously underestimating the depth and athlete advantages the second-tier 6-A schools (Lafayette, Scott County, PRP, Simon Kenton, Ryle, etc.) would have over schools like Johnson Central and Belfry.

 

This

You can only put 11 on the field at a time. Very few of our kids play both ways.

  • Author
I think you all are seriously underestimating the depth and athlete advantages the second-tier 6-A schools (Lafayette, Scott County, PRP, Simon Kenton, Ryle, etc.) would have over schools like Johnson Central and Belfry.

 

I think you are severely underestimating the starting talent that Belfry and Johnson Central has as well as their actual depth.

 

Covington Catholic gave Scott County everything they wanted and I would consider the Colonels an inferior product to both Belfry and JC.

 

Tates Creek competed for 3 Quarters with Lafayette and Belfry had a running clock on them at the start of the 2nd Quarter

 

The worst Highlands team of all-time scored 53 on Simon Kenton and the Pioneers struggled to stop the run all season.

 

Ryle is tough to get a read on because they didn't like to leave their NKY bubble.

 

Do you think any of those Eastern 6A teams could stop Belfry or Johnson Central's Offense? Based off what I have seen I don't think they could and I especially do not think any of them would win the L.O.S.

 

Having seen Lafayette several times I am certain that the Generals would absolutely loathe a game with Belfry or Johnson Central. Lafayette would hit some big plays, no question, but everything I saw from Lafayatte tells me I do not think they could keep either of the smaller schools from scoring over 40 points.

I think you all are seriously underestimating the depth and athlete advantages the second-tier 6-A schools (Lafayette, Scott County, PRP, Simon Kenton, Ryle, etc.) would have over schools like Johnson Central and Belfry.

I respect what you do and you have earned the right to your opinion. I talked with about two dozen different coaches at the finals this weekend who would disagree with you. Some of these guys who have been around a long time too. And that's ok, there's room for speculation. I'm happy to be part of that conversation.

 

BTW didn't you have South Warren in your top 5 preseason or was that somebody else?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.