Everything posted by 00Tyler10
-
Open Job: Owensboro
I believe the point was that SW is moving to 6A. South Warren in 6A or Owensboro in 5A, which is the “better” job? My outlook would be wanting to cement my name and win 6A with SW but I most certainly could see the appeal of moving to Owensboro. In my opinion, Rash is a far more exciting environment/atmosphere than SW. Plus you get to join an incredibly aged rivalry of BG/OHS. Regardless, coaching at OHS would be a ton of fun and exciting.
-
Should South Warren jump Bowling Green for #2 in 5A?
BG is 2 tight ends and one receiver learning to not drop the ball away from being an entirely different monster. The amount of first downs and touchdowns lost due to poor hands amazes me. I can't remember seeing more. At the moment SW looks more dominant and polished however Ill put my money on BG against any 5A team when Beau has reliable targets. My practices would include a throwing machine launching rockets at the receiving core for hours a day.
-
Bowling Green 21 Owensboro 12
I miss the 50pts a game especially with a QB as capable as Beau. We have 5 state titles riding the high impact offense and still had a great bend don't break defense.
-
Bowling Green/Owensboro Updates
Purple88 what's the deal with offense? Receivers continue to drop balls? Owensboro D stiff? Weather?
-
BluegrassPreps Class 6A Football Rankings (9/3) Discussion
Bold statement. I'll take the bet on this one any day.
-
Bowling Green 24 Saint Xavier 21 (OT)
I agree with this however this is a new dynamic all together this year. You need to understand your talent pool to know those five base plays. Also you need stability at QB. First game back up, second game starter, second half second game starter with sprained ankle. From what I saw they ran alot of similar quick release patterns from similar formations with poor execution. I am no head coach and am not the most knowledgeable x and o kind of guy but I do understand repetition and habit forming and there is just too many new variables at this moment. If we are still having these conversations this time next year you can send Wallace back to us. We won't mind (no knock on Spader. Love him too)
-
Bowling Green 24 Saint Xavier 21 (OT)
Keep in mind Wallace changed his entire playbook based upon needs at BG. From 90s to 06-07 he was options offense. He did not go to the spread until Trent Steelman came about. After Trent BG has had a good following of passing QBs. My point here is Wallace can/will adjust and is not too headstrong not too. It's season 1 at X. Took him a decade to build what BG became over the last decade.
-
Bowling Green 24 Saint Xavier 21 (OT)
Because they lost to BG? They've lost 6 of 9 against them in the last decade if I'm not mistaken. Losing to T or BG is not a panic button moment especially when you just got your QB back.
-
Bowling Green/St. Xavier Updates
That's why we play the season I guess. I'm a Purples alum and fan but Ive always rooted for X too bc of their fan base, our series with them and now Wallace being there so I will be rooting for them to improve.
-
Bowling Green/St. Xavier Updates
These two teams will look remotely nothing like this (atleast I hope not) come November. Sullivan just got back, BG receivers cannot catch, both teams with silly penalties. Still love this series though. St X is a class program.
-
St. Xavier Hires Kevin Wallace As Head Football Coach
Wow. This is a sad day for Purple Nation. Best coach I ever had the pleasure to play for. St. X family I sure hope you all are excited and appreciate that man. He is fantastic. I wish both Coach Wallace and the Tigers the best as they move forward. Congratulations to a great coach and mentor.
-
South Warren 28 Bowling Green 21
Reminds me of the term "don't poke the bear". I will leave it at that.
-
Bowling Green 43 South Warren 7
I remember someone mentioning South having slow DBs. This was evident and killed them. Despite the score this was a fun game to come to. The turnout was fantastic. Great win Purples!
-
South Warren/Bowling Green Updates
Anyone that wants to meet I am at this game with my boy....would love to put faces to names
-
Trinity 2017
Wishing for the day BG schedules like this. Honestly I would like to see all our powerhouse teams schedule this way. Fun to see how Ky stacks up. I love supporting Trinity in these games. This scheduling is impressive and the Rocks always represent us all very well. I will be rooting for them per the usual against all out of state foes.
-
Best of the Bluegrass Roster
All ky team offense will instantly be clicking. Its the Purples starting O with added all-stars. Instant continuity having Payne, Carothers, and Wilson.
-
Bowling Green Freshman, Vito Tisdale picks up first offer
It seems most Purples are "legacy". It is most definitely a unique public school in its draw for alumni to stay so well connected and get their kids in the system. It is the only reason I am trying to get back to BG as I want my son and two daughters to attend there also.
-
My Final All-Class Top 25
I cannot disagree with this post. Well thought out and well said. I do believe BG is a team built on adjustments on the fly and their second half vs first half results seem to back this. However how much would they give up to T in the first half is the question. BG is VERY complete on the offensive side, with that said their weakness was the DBs (exception to vito). I believe T would have exploited this better than anyone else. Who knows though as the game never happened and that in itself is a crying shame.
-
Bowling Green 70 Pulaski County 22 - 5A State Championship
Somebody did npt watch the game and then wanted to make negative comments. These were NOT offensive touchdowns good sir. Would you have recommended that the defender dive to the ground after the fumble recovery and then just run out of bounds after the interception?
-
Pulaski County vs. Bowling Green 5A Championship
I agree. You play whoever is put in front of you. They did, they won and now they are in the Championship game. They 100% deserve it. Nothing else should matter to them. Obviously I am rooting for the Purples but good luck to Pulaski!
-
Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal
Sounds like we need to form a Group and sip some of that Purple Koolaid!!!!
-
Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal
You truely are an optimist. I would not complain if you are right but Im not sure we will have quite that big of a spread
-
Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal
Absolutely! Look forward to it
-
Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal
You going to be there 88?
-
Bowling Green at Fern Creek Class 5A Semifinal
Driving from Oklahoma City to watch this one. Hoping for a great game but a Purples win!