Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Owensboro

Featured Replies

I have caught wind that Owensboro Football had a meeting with the players this morning and Coach Jay Fallin has stepped down as Head Coach.  HUGE job opening up!!  Let the rumor mill begin!

  • Replies 599
  • Views 75.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I think Owensboro is a fine study in the realities of high school coaching hiring in Kentucky now.  Schools like Owensboro, premier jobs in the present and from days past, where there is a qualit

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    He's a 2005 Hancock County grad. That'd put him around 37 years old, so if he's a family man, there's a good chance he's got kids who are getting right around the age where sports get to be a big thin

  • Calico Jack
    Calico Jack

    Here is the facts about KYHSFB. IMVHO, there are a lot more good coaches than there are programs.   ...know what? Scratch that. The number of bad programs is the vast majority. I have a

Posted Images

I'm pretty stunned about this. Just figured they had next year circled for a serious run at a title. Good luck to Coach Fallin.

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

That's DEFINITELY big news!

Do you have definite confirmation on Coach Fallin stepping down @ApolloFan98?

Yes.  Several players I know were in the meeting this morning.  There had been rumors floating around for a few weeks.  Nothing negative but mostly about Coach Fallin wanting more family time.

51 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I'm pretty stunned about this. Just figured they had next year circled for a serious run at a title. Good luck to Coach Fallin.

He's a 2005 Hancock County grad. That'd put him around 37 years old, so if he's a family man, there's a good chance he's got kids who are getting right around the age where sports get to be a big thing...as does having their dad around for games and for life in general. My guess is 10 years as a head coach sounded like a good round number, and we may or may not see him back in the head coaching game 10 or 15 years from now.

3 trips to the state quarterfinals, 4 trips to the semifinals, and 1 trip to the state championship game in the course of a decade. That's a job well done for ANY coach, even without a state title to their credit.

AWESOME Scoop @ApolloFan98!

I am really shocked at this!  I mean Evan Hampton, one of if not the best RB in the State is back for his Senior year next year!  I would think that would be a little tougher with a new coach you are not used to perhaps unless they hire internally.

O fans, what is the chance they hire from within?

This is a BIG Opening!  I'll pay alot of attention to it...  ON SUNDAY!!!!  Ha!

1 hour ago, ApolloFan98 said:

I have caught wind that Owensboro Football had a meeting with the players this morning and Coach Jay Fallin has stepped down as Head Coach.  HUGE job opening up!!  Let the rumor mill begin!

I gave him a pretty hard time but I think he did a great job during his tenure at OHS. Crazy to think he stepped down with so much returning. Makes me wonder if there are kids transferring.

This would be a good job for any coach. Would they rather hire a seasoned veteran or someone looking to step up?

10 minutes ago, PTHSalumni said:

This would be a good job for any coach. Would they rather hire a seasoned veteran or someone looking to step up?

As a fan. Would love to see a seasoned vet with a state championship under their belt take the job. But with a good portion of the talent coming back for their senior and junior season an in house hire sounds like a good shock absorber.

  • Author
14 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

AWESOME Scoop @ApolloFan98!

I am really shocked at this!  I mean Evan Hampton, one of if not the best RB in the State is back for his Senior year next year!  I would think that would be a little tougher with a new coach you are not used to perhaps unless they hire internally.

O fans, what is the chance they hire from within?

This is a BIG Opening!  I'll pay alot of attention to it...  ON SUNDAY!!!!  Ha!

Thank you!  Once the meeting was called, I somewhat expected it to come down. Wanted to wait until the kids knew for sure before running with it.

As far as internal candidates, I'd think Will Barnes, Drew Hall and Blake Roberts (Strength Coach) would all be considered as candidates.  Some have said Hall does not have interest, but who knows if that is true or not?  This is a job that should attract a ton of attention.  No disrespect meant to anyone inside the program but I feel like Owensboro needs some fresh eyes on it.  The winds in Owensboro have been blowing toward Owensboro Catholic over the past few seasons with the transfers of Maddox and of course Crowe.  Not to mention other departures this past offseason.  I had heard some more Devils could be on the move this coming offseason but that could change by going outside the program to hire someone.  Just feels like the program needs some fresh energy is all.  That is not meant to disparage what Coach Fallin did there at all.  I'm just reading the tea leaves with the chatter behind the scenes.

Name I’ve heard as a possible candidate is Brian Rector former coach at Father Ryan in Nashville and a native of Owensboro.

Wow. Pretty dang big job opening. The Red Devils are pretty much always competitive. I see them as a top 10 program traditionally in 5A. And as mentioned, some serious talent in the program right now. 

Any chance the Owensboro Catholic coach would go for it? Bump up from 2A to 5A.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.