Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most state runner-up finishes

Featured Replies

After last night, Franklin-Simpson has been state runner-up 6 times. Don"t know who has the most runner-up finishes by I am curious. Maybe not a record anyone wants, but who has it? At least it shows an ability to make it to the last game.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newport Catholic has to be up there. Losers in 85 and 86, 2000 and 2001, and recently to DeSales and Mayfield. My years run together anymore

Highlands has 6 runner up finishes also.

 

I would think Paducah Tilghman and Mayfield would be up there also.

Belfry has 7 I believe

Danville has four, all since '98 I believe (98, 04, 06, 16..I think that's it)?

MF has 9 in 21 appearances

Newport Catholic has to be up there. Losers in 85 and 86, 2000 and 2001, and recently to DeSales and Mayfield. My years run together anymore

 

NewCath, and this is awful b/c I've seen all of them (the 86 and 01 games tie for the worst, IMO.)

85, 86, 2000, 01, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

I know who has the most without ever winning....I wish I didnt.

  • Author

So far we have Mayfield and NewCath with 9 apiece.

  • Author

So does Highlands have more state title appearances than Trinity?

I know Trinity has 4 runner ups. 1 to Butler (70), 2 to X (97 & 09) and 1 to Male (00).

 

Trinity has never lost a title game to a team outside Jefferson County.

NewCath, and this is awful b/c I've seen all of them (the 86 and 01 games tie for the worst, IMO.)

85, 86, 2000, 01, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

 

Weirdly for NewCath, they lost to the same team in back-to-back years each time w/ the exception of Mayfield last year (my list is off by a year).

 

85-86 Mayfield

00-01 Danville

07-08 Ft. Campbell

13-14 De Sales

NewCath, and this is awful b/c I've seen all of them (the 86 and 01 games tie for the worst, IMO.)

85, 86, 2000, 01, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

 

2012 beat Caldwell Co.

2015 lost Mayfield

Seems like X would have a bunch.

Seems like X would have a bunch.

 

 

I know they have GRC in 90, T in 03, 05, 06 & 07. Others not so sure of.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.