Everything posted by psychicscubadiver
-
The 15 Top Performing Counties in Kentucky High School Football
Oh, I understand why you did it, I was asking for the literal way it figures into the formula. Chuckle, I suppose that wasn't exactly clear from my post.
-
St. Xavier 2017
I think St. X has the toughest schedule in the state this year, just edging out Trinity's. Though, Fairdale is a bit of a weird choice.
-
The 15 Top Performing Counties in Kentucky High School Football
How exactly does population figure into the calculation of the strength rating? I've got to admit, I was very confused not to see Jefferson county at #1 until I realized that population was part of the mix.
-
Lafayette 2017
How did you get that? Using all fifteen games I came with an average of 25.7 points given up by the defense per game, which increases to 27.6 points if you don't count the forfeit win as a game (which honestly it shouldn't be for calculating defense production).
-
Coaches Playoff Records
Whew, that must've taken some digging to find anything 'not impressive' about Beatty's record.
-
Question. Who is the BEST High School Head Football Coach in the State of KY?
Had to come out of seclusion for this one. Who could it be except Bob Beatty? People will say "anyone could do what he did with the resources at Trinity", but they'd be wrong as the mid/late 90s would show. Who else has produced as much success as Beatty in the same amount of time?
-
Simon Kenton 2017 Schedule Brutal or Brilliant?
I'll break it down game by game before giving my overall opinion. X scrimmage - A solid choice, both squads get a chance to practice for their upcoming season and examine different players in various roles. Meade County - Less puzzling back in 2014 when the Green Wave was in the semi-finals. They are on the downslope now and not a great choice for SK. Highlands - Normally a very strong team and a great choice. Currently in a down period, but a worthy team to keep on expectation of their return to strength Bryan Station - A mid-level Lexington team. Not a bad choice, but not exciting either. Beechwood - A true puzzler. Beechwood is a fantastic 1A team, but SK is a 6A team that seemingly wants to be top 5 in the class. If they do they have no business playing any 1A team no matter how good. Boone County - A weak team, but district. Cooper - Mid to high level NKY team. A solid choice. Conner - Mid-level NKY team. Campbell County - A weak team, but district. Dixie - Mid-level NKY team; a questionable choice unless they are expected to improve. Ryle - One of the top NKY teams. A solid choice. Overall: Not bad, but nothing on this schedule will really push the Pioneers or prepare them for a deep playoff run. They have some good mid-level teams, but few at or above their own level. The inclusion of some games, especially considering that they are have two soft games thanks to their district, are puzzling. Replacing Meade County, Beechwood, BS or Dixie with Scott County, Lafayette, Bowling Green, St. X, Trinity, or a Cincinnati team would strengthen it considerably and produce a solid schedule.
-
Anyone released their 2017-18 schedules?
I'd be shocked if Male didn't win. I don't fault Doss for scheduling up, but in my opinion it's a poor choice on Male's part. Is Seneca the weakest team on Male's schedule?
-
Anyone released their 2017-18 schedules?
Male is choosing to play Doss? I mean, I know they have the hardest district, but other than Trinity their scheduling always seems so weak. Which is odd since they field such a great team.
-
Lexington Herald Cantrall Ratings 1/16/2017
Who has Scott County played to put them above Fern Creek and Trinity?
-
What teams would you like for your team to add to it's schedule?
Ditto here. I'd love to see Bowling Green on T's schedule.
- Cincinnati Moeller (OH) invades the Bluegrass!
- Cincinnati Moeller (OH) invades the Bluegrass!
-
Open Job: Louisville Central
no offense to Holy Cross, but I'd be surprised if his son or daughter went there. Other Catholic schools offer equivalent education and better sports opportunity. If his son plays both football and basketball I would think that Trinity would be the first choice. though, St. X and DeSales are solid choices that wouldn't surprise me.
-
Is your school a football or basketball school?
True, Trinity is much better at basketball then we used to be, but if we have to choose one 'primary sport' for the school, I'd say it's football. Still, loved seeing the Rocks win both of those tournaments this year.
-
6A 2017
True, though Cathedral will be an equal test for Ryle. They still have a great team on the schedule. Off topic, but do we have a schedule for Trinity yet? I seem to remember one, but can't find it now.
-
6A 2017
Nod, Cincy schools shouldn't be too hard to get. SK should have a great season record, making them worth a lot in the Harbin, yet the better Cincy schools would come into it as definite favorites. Plus, it would give SK a solid test against the kind of the competition they'll face when going for a state title. They should have at least one game against a better team to expose where they are weak before the playoffs roll around.
-
6A 2017
There will be some competition during spring ball, but he's definitely the forerunner in my opinion.
-
6A 2017
Actually, we should see a Ballard-SK match-up in round two that I expect to be a really solid game. It'll be interesting to see how that one pans out. True, but how many of them were starters? Given Trinity's roster size 30 seniors isn't that much. Also, we still have Rondale Moore on offense and Herron on defense. Just imagine what Moore will be like once he has months instead of a couple weeks to learn the system and work with his quarterback.
-
6A 2017
I think Lafayette will fall a good bit in the rankings. Losing Willis and Woods will hurt them a lot.
-
Best of the Bluegrass Updates
Dang, I guess the Ville didn't need our Trinity boys to cinch the win. Great to see Harper having a good game. Has he gotten any offers?
-
Most state runner-up finishes
According to the KHSAA, Belfry has 13, Beechwood has 16, and NCC has 14 state title games since 1976. Those are also total appearances for NCC and Belfry, while Beechwood was also runner-up in 1974.
-
Best of the Bluegrass Roster
Nobody from 6A champ Trinity either. I suspect those coaches didn't nominate any players. Edit: Looking at the 11/14 roster for Louisville, there were some Trinity guys on it. I guess they got pulled to focus on the championship. I'm not sure what went on exactly.
-
State Championship Games are a Joke
Speaking as one of those who only show up to the regular season St. X Trinity game, it's not a matter of having support 'an inch deep'. Especially considering how many of those people, like myself, live out of state. I know when the St. X-Trinity game is long beforehand, letting me schedule off work and arrange to be town with plenty of advance warning. I can't do that with only a week's notice especially not when the game is even further away. Chuckle, 6A wouldn't be much more competitive by introducing 7A. Male would dominate with those two gone.
-
My Final All-Class Top 25
In an overall sense, probably, however, within the context of this one year I think Belfry and Johnson Central deserve their spots over some of the larger schools.