Everything posted by Hamilton Joe
-
Who is attending the Sweet 16?
I will be there this year as I have been attending for a great many years but this will be my 1st year in the Raddison Hotel and I'm looking forward to be able to go down on Wednesday, park my car and just walk back and forth to the Arena.
-
Conference Coaches and Players of the Year in the 9th Region
Conference Coachs and Players in the 9th Region are as follows. Coaches Div. I--Kim Wafield--Conner Div. II- Jamie Richey-Highlands Div-III-Aaron Stamm-Ludlow Players of the Year Div. I--Christina Weaver--Holmes Div. II--Katie Allen-------Highlands Div. III-Ashley Daugherty-Ludlow Congratulations to all of those recognized and honored this year at yesterdays awards banquet. As always it was a very nice banquet and ceremony.
-
9th region 08/09
And they apparently are moving into the 34th district with Dixie, Lloyd, Ludlow and Villa where year in and year out they would have to be considered the 1st or 2nd favorite to win. It will probably also force this district into seeding as I have heard that 3 of the schools are in favorite of that format. If they do seed all I can say is it's about time but there will be one or two people whinning as they always do.:cry::lol:
-
New Coach at Walton-Verona
This should be a job that draws alot of interest from a variety of coaches from not only NKY but around the state. Good school system in a growing community. I just have a couple questions. Won't this be the 3rd coach in about 3 or 4 years at Walton.? Is there more then meets the eye here? Can't imagine this being a difficult place to coach but apparently there seems to be something going on out there. Anyone heard of any names being mentioned for this job? Here is hoping that they get a good coach who has the support of the administration, community and the respect of the kids on the team.
-
Ryle High receives $750,000 donation
:thumb:OK if you say so. :sssh:
-
Ryle High receives $750,000 donation
It's the public school system, cshs81 and OG never seems to be too pleased with public education. :ylsuper:
-
Dakotah Euton leaving Rose Hill
:thumb: Agree
-
Beechwood Spring Ball
Other then Beechwood Elementary and some kids from Blessed Sacrament and the Spartan Youth football program what other feeders does Beechwood usually get kids from? Just curious.:confused:
-
The Scott Eagles new Head Coach is..
Not sure what has happened at Scott was fair to some (Coach Fisk) but you got to give this Principal out there some credit for coming in and having the stones to make some changes that he felt were necessary.
-
Most appearances in the sweet 16?
:thumb:You are correct Sir..
-
Gallatin County's Jeramy Nunn to sign with Union College
Way to go Jeramy. We are all very proud of you.
-
South Laurel 59 Corbin 49
:thumb: "Roscoe the Rascal", I'm calling about your open basketball position. It's not open? Well have you checked your record? It should be open.:lol::lol:
-
Shelby Cty 49 Gallatin Cty 48
Great game and great season for my boys from Gallatin Cty!! Keep your heads up, you represented all us Gallatin Cty fans with class all year!
-
Conner 79 NDA 64
:thumb::lol:
-
2008 Lloyd Memorial
Just curious but how are things going to be any different this time under Coach Lucas then they were the last few years? Knowledgable coach but not someone that ever viewed has a Head Coach even though I know he has been. Lloyd needs to get more kids out then I have seen the last 5-7 years. Alot of decent athletes simply aren't coming out for sports at Lloyd for whatever reason. It doesn't seem that in any of their sports programs that they have Head Coaches who create enthusiasm. Numbers have been down and student morale seems very low in the past few years.
-
Carroll Co's Coach Dave Miller Resigns
Wow! So some schools really do make coaching changes when things aren't going well.:confused: Are you reading boys?
-
2008 Ludlow
:thumb:No fault in that..
-
2008 Ludlow
You may well be right and I certainly hope you are but in reviewing a roster from the KHSAA it appears Ludlow only had about 30-32 kids or so last year and they appear to be graduating 10 or 11 Seniors many of whom played a great deal. The numbers in the classes coming up behind them appeared to be lower in particular the freshmen and sophmore classes. Again I hope you are correct because I really pull for the smaller class A schools but it doesn't seem to me that Ludlow has had those type of numbers in a great many years. Again you are closer to the situation then I so I'm truly hoping you are right. Good Luck Panthers!
-
2008 Ludlow
Numbers in the high 40s would be great IMO but sounds a bit optimistic from some that I have talked to down in Ludlow. From what I have read on here in the past they don't have enough to field a true freshmen team and even with a Freshmen/Sophmore combined team the number is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 20 kids. Any idea of how many they have showing up for conditioning? I've only seen the Panthers play a couple of times the past few years and I have heard much the same as you have with regards to the team this past year clearly underachieving. Any thoughts as to what happened? I know in talking to a few that they like to throw the ball alot and use the spread offense but to the casual observer that seems to be an offense that depends a great deal on a talented QB. Seems to me they would want to have a better balance to their offense mixing in the run more and as you say taking some time off the clock. Hopefully the Panthers can get things turned around because a great deal of enthusiasm seemed to be created in the Ludlow school and the community when Coach Hensley got things turned around. I wish the Panthers the best of luck next year.
-
2008 Walton-Verona
:thumb:Very nice guy. From what I have heard he got out while the gettin was good. :ylsuper:
-
Sweet 16
Conner in the 9th Region
-
Henry Clay 47 LexCath 43
:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
-
Conner 79 NDA 64
NDA had several defensive breakdowns especially in the paint and under the basket. Conner was simply beating them to the basket and IMO the NDA coach never made any adjustments. Why did she wait until the last 2 minutes of the game to try and press? Congrats to Conner and good luck in Bowling Green.
-
2008 NKY Freshman
:thumb:I couldn't agree more with in regards to the ego thing always getting in the way. Unfortunately in smaller communities I just don't think a Senior team and a freshmen team do anything but work against each other. Coaches from the schools and the Youth organizations need to put aside their respective egos and do whats best for the kids. I prefer a school program when all things are equal but for now I think the youth programs play a more competitve schedule. I really don't see any reason why schools like Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow need to play each other twice a year just to try and get 6 or 8 games in. They would get better competition on the Youth level in all honesty and quite possibly better coaching.
-
2008 NKY Freshman
I think this only makes senses for these schools to play the bigger schools. Not much is accomplished as far as they are concerned when they play the smaller A schools and they are up by 40 in the 1st half. In all honesty the smaller schools such as Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow etc.. need to decide if they want to play a freshmen schedule or work with their respective youth programs and maybe work with the Senior programs and develop their programs by working together instead of kids being torn on whether they should play Youth football or Freshmen football. I believe it could work provided egos could put aside..