Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hamilton Joe

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hamilton Joe

  1. I believe the Ludlow/Villa games will be on Monday the 25th and the Dixie/Lloyd games on Tuesday the 26th but I'm not certain of the times yet. Games are at Ludlow I do believe this year.
  2. 1st-Marshall Cty 2nd-UHA 3rd-Apollo 4th-Franklin-Simpson 5th-Adair Co. 6th-PRP 7th-Ballard 8th-Shelby Cty 9th-Holmes 10th-Mason Cty 11th-Scott Cty 12th-McCreary Central 13th-Corbin 14th-Hazard 15th-Paintsville 16th-Rose Hill TB-7th
  3. This years version of the Lady Panthers has to be considered Ludlows best under Coach Stamm. Their record my not end up as good as last years squad but they did upgrade their schedule this year something that many on here have always criticized and they have gone thru Div. III undefeated and they also have 2 wins over St Henry and 1 over Bishop Brossart and both of these programs year in and year out are very competitive Div. II schools. Good luck in the District Ludlow and hopefully you advance on to the Regional..
  4. :thumb:Coach Jones is a great guy and a good coach who has done alot over the years for the Gallatin basketball program. Of course anything looks good after you look at a character or 2 who have coached previously at Gallatin Cty.:ylsuper: Good luck in the District tourney and hopefully beyond to the Wildcats..
  5. With Bob Bieger now down at Ludlow I look for the Panthers to possibly break thru to the Top 10 in the 9th and knock off a few that some didn't expect. Ludlow has 2 or 3 kids who can pitch and have the nucleus of a decent team back from last year. Under Biegers direction I expect to see a very disciplined and fundamentally sound team on the file for Ludlow..
  6. :thumb: I agree with you in regards to the seeding verses blind draw. Only certain administrators can attempt to explain their logic when it comes to this topic. Obviously both Ludlow and Dixie will be favored to win their 1st round games but Villa always throws a few new wrinkles at Ludlow that doesn't make beating them easy and if Lloyd could get things going in the right direction they could present a few problems for Dixie..Should make for a nice tournament.
  7. Yes both teams play the same schools so boys and girls for Ludlow will play Villa and the Boys and girls for Dixie and Lloyd will play each other. Apparently there are a couple schools (ADs and Principals, not all the coaches) in the 34th who prefer the blind draw over seeding..
  8. The draw took place today and I believe Ludlow plays Villa and Dixie will play Lloyd. Not certain on the times and dates yet
  9. I have heard that they draw for the district today (saturday) so we will know something after that. I believe the district will be played at Ludlow this year if I'm not mistaken..
  10. Congratulations on another outstanding year down in Ludlow for the girls basketball program. It is my understanding that this is Coach Stamm and the girls 3rd straight year of winning Div III and this is the 1st year that they have gone undefeated in the conference. My friends daughter played for Coach Stamms 1st team that only won about 10 games but even then you could tell that the coach new how to build a program, how to get the most out of his players and how to work with others for the betterment of his basketball program. The results are obvious as the program has become quite successful. Congratulations Ludlow on another great year and I echo the comments of others in wishing you the best of luck in the district and beyond.
  11. Not sure I understand or even care to understand some of your comments in this post but I will definitely agree with you that Ludlow got themselves a very fine baseball coach and I wish him all the success in the world down at Ludlow..:thumb:
  12. :thumb: Forgot all about Villa..They do have an excellent concession stand..
  13. :thumb:Walton has a lot of very good talent in the middle school age bracket and should be fun to watch in the years to come if they get their coaching situation resolved one way or the other..
  14. I'll take my Tigers in the 10 to 15 point range
  15. I see on the KHSAA website that the Panthers won this game by more then 30 so congratulations to the Lady Panthers as they head for an undefeated season in Div. III this year. The big question I have is at what point during the game did Coach Smith from Bellevue finally sit down. She is always very entertaining and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to watch her but from the sounds of it this game must have been over early..
  16. :thumb:Agree and hopefully the click down there won't be as jealous as they are of others who have been successful down in Ludlow. They bristle at other peoples success down there.:ylsuper: Oh and in answer to your question as to whether he is teaching or not at Ludlow it is my understanding that he is not and is currently only serving as a para-professional.
  17. I think you step on a few toes and that was the reason for the sarcasm. He is probably very close to the situation and reports back what he reads.:ylsuper: As for your team being the best I admire your loyalty to your team and that's as it should be but to be perfectly honest that team would be lucky to even have a starter on a couple of the Ludlow teams of the 60s and 70s. No disrespect just stating what I believe to be true.
  18. :thumb:You had a very good team the year you one the district at Ludlow but I doubt they were the best to come thru that school. Ludlow has had a long tradition of good baseball teams and I played against a few. I remember one team in 64 or 65 I believe that went to the regional final. Throughout the 60's and 70s the Ludlow teams could play and beat anyone on any given day so I'm not willing to call your 04 team the best in school history down there. Good luck getting that banner or picture hung down in your gym. Wasn't your coach that year also the AD now. Seems to me he would also want to see that team recognized..
  19. :thumb: Agree..A great many do read the stuff and you are correct when you say they aren't telling the truth if they say they don't. The ones that let it bother them are a bit insecure and paranoid IMO..
  20. I'm not sure how many coaches use it as a form of motivation but there are a great many who read it with their morning coffee and let it get the best of them. Some spend far to much time reading then they do preparing for their next opponent. If it gets to coaches that bad I suggest they find something else to do in the morning..Like work...:ylsuper::lol:
  21. :thumb:How did I ever forget Jimmy Cooper. He was an outstanding player.
  22. :thumb: Well said. A good coach goes out and looks for every competitive edge possible and scouting your opponent is necessary in preparing a game plan and building a successful program. Those coaches that don't scout and don't do the little things and don't continually look to find ways to make their program successful are lazy and in coaching for the wrong reasons..
  23. No doubt Bellevue would like to play the role of spoiler in Ludlows quest to a undefeated Div III season but I just think Ludlow has more and better athletes then does Bellevue. Bellevue always gets up for the Panthers and they never go down without a fight but in the end I have to believe Coach Smith will be sitting still on her bench watching another Ludlow victory . She certainly can be entertaining to watch though. Good luck to both teams. I look for a Ludlow win in the 12-15 point range.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.