Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hamilton Joe

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hamilton Joe

  1. Simon Kenton that is in 81...Sorry I left out the schools name in my original post.
  2. Based upon being the only team from the 9th region to ever win the state tournament I say you have to call them the greatest team but the CovCaths teams of the late 60s were awesome and should have had at least one state championship during that time..They were huge and had some great great players..Noll, Rippe, VonLehman, Voskull, Overmans, Derkson, Schloemer, Fritz, Kreimborgs, Topmiller, Berger..who am I missing OldGuy..Great teams under the direction of Coach Mote Hils.
  3. In the 9th I'd go with Tim O'Hara, Jon Campbell and either Pouncey or Charlie Chappie.
  4. Had no idea about the Dunn kid from Ludlow. Did he get much playing time down there? I do believe I recall seeing his name in the boxscores from time to time but can't say that I know much about the Ludlow team this year. He isn't able to play for them this year is he..?
  5. I believe Lloyd has picked up a player or 2 since the beginning of the year if I'm not mistaken that has helped them a great deal. They could very well win the 34th District.
  6. I was wondering if anyone knows what their respective School Board policies are with regards to the travel issue.
  7. They get one vote as I understand it and it counts for both the boys and girls teams. You can't decide to seed the boys and blind draw the girls or vice versa. It has to be the same for both programs. And you are right the reasoning that some schools give for not seeding doesn't always make much sense.. Just seed and be done with it in my opinion..
  8. If Ludlow wins the 34th District then they would play one of the losers from outside their own district. If they are runnerup in their District they then would play one of the district winners from other then the 34th district. You don't play your own district in the 1st round..
  9. :thumb:Agree and lets hope EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE inside and outside the school lets the man do wht he does best and that's coach baseball.
  10. I always have pretty good luck just buying them outside from one of the scalpers or just people who have extras and are looking to get rid of them for face value... Haven't ordered them thru the KHSAA or Ticketmaster in several years..
  11. Sounds like it was a good game. Anyone have any details on this one?
  12. :confused: 8 people vote?? You sure about that? I think 1 AD represents each respective school and the vote counts for both boys and girls. If I'm wrong someone please set me straight or maybe I misunderstood your post..
  13. :thumb:I agree 100%. Good post and obviously why you get paid the big bucks.
  14. :thumb:I agree and from what I hear no one at your alma mater is in favor of seeding..Too bad because the 34th is a weak district and more times then not Ludlow would finish at least 2nd or 3rd in their distrct and probably avoid 1st round matchups with Dixie..
  15. :thumb:You are to be commended for having the guts to say what you feel with regards to your alma mater. You are very loyal to Ludlow and who knows you might get there sooner or later..Thay won't be there for ever will they..?
  16. This was a great game for Ryle to win and I have to say I rather enjoyed seeing some of those faces on the losing side as they left scratching their heads.. The 9th is pretty wide open in my opinion..
  17. Based upon your username you obviously want to be a coach sometime and I wish you all the luck in the world in that endeavor but don't count on being a futurecoach at your alma mater. Much of what you say may very well be the truth but unfortunately there are a handful that can't handle the truth..Good luck FC..
  18. Beloved Ludlow:confused: From what I have been told by some who I know who have worked at Ludlow it is an administrative decision (AD, Principal) to vote not to seed for whatever reason that only they could explain. I believe there are some of the coaches at Ludlow that really could care less and would have no problem with seeding. Their previous baseball coach actually did vote to seed the baseball district tourney and he should be commended for doing so. If you have read any of my previous posts you will see that I believe it should be one way or the other. Seeding? Blind draw? Just pick one and everyone needs to follow it. No more of this some seed and some don't stuff.. KHSAA needs to step in and clear this up and take it out of the hands of the schools since it appears they can't all seem to agree.
  19. :thumb: Agree..On the girls side I see no reason why Ludlow would be afraid to face any of the teams that are in the 34th district including Dixie. a team that they lost to but played one of their worse games and I think they feel they still could have won. Doing what makes sense isn't always what happens as far as I'm concerned when it comes to the seeding/blind draw issue.
  20. There are several of the smaller Class A schools mostly public but a couple private that refuse to seed. Dayton and Bellevue are 2 that from the looks of the thread on the 36th draw don't wish to seed and the school that you often times have a comment or 2 about in girls Bball also refuse to vote to seed. Their reasons have never made any sense other then they seem to enjoy being difficult within their district.
  21. Blind draw for both the boys and girls in the 34th district and I believe I heard they will draw on Feb. 16th but I could be wrong about that..Once again there apparently is a couple of schools in this district that have ADs and administrators who are afraid to seed for whatever reason..Come on KHSAA step up and do something right for a change and fix something that some schools can't seem to get right..
  22. This is the kind of stuff that will continue to go on as long as they allow schools to continue with the blind draw. As for the 34th District they also use the blind draw but it doesn't much matter in that district since it is so weak on the boys side. You say Ludlow or Villa will make it to the region but if I were handicapping the 34th it would be 1. Dixie 2. Villa 2A LLoyd 3. Ludlow..
  23. It doesn't make sense for the smaller schools like Dayton and Bellevue to ever want to seed but it would make sense for the KHSAA to do something that is fair across the board. One district shouldn't be doing it one way and the other doing it another. Blind Draw? Seeding? Just pick one. Thats what makes sense but then not much that comes from the KHSAA makes a great deal of sense to me..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.