Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

34th district draw

Featured Replies

I was talking to one of the coaches in the 34th and I found something interesting. The boys and girls teams have to play the same schools in the districts? Is that why they don't seed?

The draw took place today and I believe Ludlow plays Villa and Dixie will play Lloyd. Not certain on the times and dates yet

The draw is taking place at 1pm today (Sat). They don't seed because apparently a couple of the schools have ADs and Principals that prefer the blind draw over seeding for whatever reason.

 

Gotcha, but is it true that the girls and boys have to play the same school during districts: for example: Ludlow vs. Lloyd (boys and girls) Dixie vs. Villa (boys and girls)??????? Someone told me that and I was like: what????

Gotcha, but is it true that the girls and boys have to play the same school during districts: for example: Ludlow vs. Lloyd (boys and girls) Dixie vs. Villa (boys and girls)??????? Someone told me that and I was like: what????

 

Yes both teams play the same schools so boys and girls for Ludlow will play Villa and the Boys and girls for Dixie and Lloyd will play each other.

Apparently there are a couple schools (ADs and Principals, not all the coaches) in the 34th who prefer the blind draw over seeding..

I know we have discussed this on other threads, but IMO, a blind draw stinks for kids that work hard to have a good season! Then why play teams in your district in the regular season if it means nothing. But that is just my opinion...

 

Thanks for the info on the draw pairings up above.....I would have to say Ludlow and Dixie won't have much trouble getting to the Championship Game.....

I know we have discussed this on other threads, but IMO, a blind draw stinks for kids that work hard to have a good season! Then why play teams in your district in the regular season if it means nothing. But that is just my opinion...

 

Thanks for the info on the draw pairings up above.....I would have to say Ludlow and Dixie won't have much trouble getting to the Championship Game.....

 

:thumb: I agree with you in regards to the seeding verses blind draw. Only certain administrators can attempt to explain their logic when it comes to this topic.

Obviously both Ludlow and Dixie will be favored to win their 1st round games but Villa always throws a few new wrinkles at Ludlow that doesn't make beating them easy and if Lloyd could get things going in the right direction they could present a few problems for Dixie..Should make for a nice tournament.

:thumb: I agree with you in regards to the seeding verses blind draw. Only certain administrators can attempt to explain their logic when it comes to this topic.

Obviously both Ludlow and Dixie will be favored to win their 1st round games but Villa always throws a few new wrinkles at Ludlow that doesn't make beating them easy and if Lloyd could get things going in the right direction they could present a few problems for Dixie..Should make for a nice tournament.

 

I agree. Villa isn't a gimme for Ludlow, but a shouldbe.....

Lloyd looks like they have a few kids that can play, but are the victim

of a new coach at the beginning of the year, then a switch in head coaches half way thru the year (Tom Corman who went to Holy Cross in the late 70's. I used to play ball with him MANY moons ago!). Stinks for the kids, but they have won 8 games this year and last year they were supposed to have studs and won 12. So the new guy must be doing something right......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.