Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Ludlow

Featured Replies

What does Ludlow need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Ludlow needs numbers -- they have the talent in their school now they just need to get the kids to believe that they can compete with the other A schools.

Hopefully the numbers will be somewhere in the high 40's. Of course that will be 9-12. With the experience of alot players returning I would expect the Panthers to improve on last season. Honestly they lost games last year that they should have won. I think anyone close to the program will agree. It is my belief that with improvement in the running game, they will put points on the board while taking time off the clock. Defensively, tackling was a problem last year, but I believe that will be greatly improved this season. I look for the Panthers to be a very solid team this upcoming season.

Hopefully the numbers will be somewhere in the high 40's. Of course that will be 9-12. With the experience of alot players returning I would expect the Panthers to improve on last season. Honestly they lost games last year that they should have won. I think anyone close to the program will agree. It is my belief that with improvement in the running game, they will put points on the board while taking time off the clock. Defensively, tackling was a problem last year, but I believe that will be greatly improved this season. I look for the Panthers to be a very solid team this upcoming season.

 

Numbers in the high 40s would be great IMO but sounds a bit optimistic from some that I have talked to down in Ludlow. From what I have read on here in the past they don't have enough to field a true freshmen team and even with a Freshmen/Sophmore combined team the number is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 20 kids. Any idea of how many they have showing up for conditioning? I've only seen the Panthers play a couple of times the past few years and I have heard much the same as you have with regards to the team this past year clearly underachieving. Any thoughts as to what happened?

I know in talking to a few that they like to throw the ball alot and use the spread offense but to the casual observer that seems to be an offense that depends a great deal on a talented QB. Seems to me they would want to have a better balance to their offense mixing in the run more and as you say taking some time off the clock.

Hopefully the Panthers can get things turned around because a great deal of enthusiasm seemed to be created in the Ludlow school and the community when Coach Hensley got things turned around. I wish the Panthers the best of luck next year.

Numbers in the high 40s would be great IMO but sounds a bit optimistic from some that I have talked to down in Ludlow. From what I have read on here in the past they don't have enough to field a true freshmen team and even with a Freshmen/Sophmore combined team the number is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 20 kids. Any idea of how many they have showing up for conditioning? I've only seen the Panthers play a couple of times the past few years and I have heard much the same as you have with regards to the team this past year clearly underachieving. Any thoughts as to what happened?

I know in talking to a few that they like to throw the ball alot and use the spread offense but to the casual observer that seems to be an offense that depends a great deal on a talented QB. Seems to me they would want to have a better balance to their offense mixing in the run more and as you say taking some time off the clock.

Hopefully the Panthers can get things turned around because a great deal of enthusiasm seemed to be created in the Ludlow school and the community when Coach Hensley got things turned around. I wish the Panthers the best of luck next year.

 

I don't think numbers in the high 40's is being overly optimistic. I'm going on the fact that some of the youth players from last years team will move up to the Freshman level. They didn't have many seniors last year and many underclassmen gained valuable playing time.

It will all come down to being able to adapt to the players we have and I think this can and will be done.

I don't think numbers in the high 40's is being overly optimistic. I'm going on the fact that some of the youth players from last years team will move up to the Freshman level. They didn't have many seniors last year and many underclassmen gained valuable playing time.

It will all come down to being able to adapt to the players we have and I think this can and will be done.

 

You may well be right and I certainly hope you are but in reviewing a roster from the KHSAA it appears Ludlow only had about 30-32 kids or so last year and they appear to be graduating 10 or 11 Seniors many of whom played a great deal. The numbers in the classes coming up behind them appeared to be lower in particular the freshmen and sophmore classes.

Again I hope you are correct because I really pull for the smaller class A schools but it doesn't seem to me that Ludlow has had those type of numbers in a great many years.

Again you are closer to the situation then I so I'm truly hoping you are right. Good Luck Panthers!

I am the eternal optimist when it comes to Ludlow.

I am the eternal optimist when it comes to Ludlow.

 

:thumb:No fault in that..:cool:

Numbers in the high 40s would be great IMO but sounds a bit optimistic from some that I have talked to down in Ludlow. From what I have read on here in the past they don't have enough to field a true freshmen team and even with a Freshmen/Sophmore combined team the number is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 20 kids. Any idea of how many they have showing up for conditioning? I've only seen the Panthers play a couple of times the past few years and I have heard much the same as you have with regards to the team this past year clearly underachieving. Any thoughts as to what happened?

I know in talking to a few that they like to throw the ball alot and use the spread offense but to the casual observer that seems to be an offense that depends a great deal on a talented QB. Seems to me they would want to have a better balance to their offense mixing in the run more and as you say taking some time off the clock.

Hopefully the Panthers can get things turned around because a great deal of enthusiasm seemed to be created in the Ludlow school and the community when Coach Hensley got things turned around. I wish the Panthers the best of luck next year.

 

I know there was a few times they got a little to pass happy. IMO if they ran the ball more earlier in the game against Dayton, they probably would have won that game. So I agree they definitely got to get more balance on offense.

 

I know I not quite to optimistic for this year yet, because they did lose some very key players from last years team. QB will be a huge question mark next year, and so will the line. I know some people have said they would like to see Ludlow get away from the spread, but they just don't realize they don't have the line to do much of anything else. Atleast they haven't the past few years. The spread though allows them though to do more things, even if the line is not that strong. But as I said they do need to mix in the run a lot more this year, even from the spread.

Any information on scrimmages?

SR. Josh "Mongoose" Montooth will have an EXCELLENT season. A defensive headhunter and offesive brute with the ball. Look for big numbers from him this year. TURN THE MONGOOSE LOOSE!!!

Is the "Mongoose" all Ludlow has as far as skilled players? Please don't take this as putting down any of the Ludlow kids, I have just heard that talent and numbers are running low over there. Just curious on more info about the panthers.

Is the "Mongoose" all Ludlow has as far as skilled players? Please don't take this as putting down any of the Ludlow kids, I have just heard that talent and numbers are running low over there. Just curious on more info about the panthers.

 

Talent not so much there but numbers are always in the 20's-30's. The entire school normally only has around 300 in it. In the past though there have been kids there that could play at any school in NKY IMO.

I hear they have some seniors coming out that might help. Can anyone confirm this?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.