Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 NKY Freshman

Featured Replies

Beechwood , NCC and Holy Cross jumping in with the big schools for next year .I presume Newport will be there too but did not see them on the schedule .

 

Will they be able to compete with the "big boys" ?

 

I think this past years teams from Beechwood and NCC would of done pretty good vs most of these teams .Ryle ,Simon, Cov Cath and Highlands seemed to stand out .While BW AND NCC stood out on the small school side .

 

What will next year bring ??

I think this only makes senses for these schools to play the bigger schools. Not much is accomplished as far as they are concerned when they play the smaller A schools and they are up by 40 in the 1st half.

In all honesty the smaller schools such as Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow etc.. need to decide if they want to play a freshmen schedule or work with their respective youth programs and maybe work with the Senior programs and develop their programs by working together instead of kids being torn on whether they should play Youth football or Freshmen football. I believe it could work provided egos could put aside..

Beechwood , NCC and Holy Cross jumping in with the big schools for next year .I presume Newport will be there too but did not see them on the schedule .

 

Will they be able to compete with the "big boys" ?

 

I think this past years teams from Beechwood and NCC would of done pretty good vs most of these teams .Ryle ,Simon, Cov Cath and Highlands seemed to stand out .While BW AND NCC stood out on the small school side .

 

What will next year bring ??

 

Newport has a crazy tough schedule. They open up with Cov Cath, then I know that Highlands, Dixie, NCC, and some of the other big nky schools are on the schedule. They really have their work cut out for them.

  • Author

Unfortunately Joe ,the EGO thing is always in the way .Look at how many youth baseball organizations there are ,knothole ,little league / Cal Ripken,SWOL ,the new that was created because of SWOL cost ,and what ever else .

 

Back to football. Last year Ludlow ,Dayton , Bellevue and ... did not have frosh teams for 2007 .Beechwood ( only A team ) played 2 A teams .Newport , Lloyd ,NCC AND Holy Cross ,played each 2 times .BW also played Cincinnati Anderson .

 

Highlands is not on the schedule for Beechwood freshman next year.Maybe in the championship .

  • Author

Here is Beechwoods :

 

9-4 @ Conner

9-11 Boone

9-18 Simon

9-25 @ Cooper

10-2 @Lloyd

10-9 @ Scott

10-16 Ryle

10-23 NCC

10-30 Holy Cross

11-6 Championship Game

Unfortunately Joe ,the EGO thing is always in the way .Look at how many youth baseball organizations there are ,knothole ,little league / Cal Ripken,SWOL ,the new that was created because of SWOL cost ,and what ever else .

 

Back to football. Last year Ludlow ,Dayton , Bellevue and ... did not have frosh teams for 2007 .Beechwood ( only A team ) played 2 A teams .Newport , Lloyd ,NCC AND Holy Cross ,played each 2 times .BW also played Cincinnati Anderson .

 

Highlands is not on the schedule for Beechwood freshman next year.Maybe in the championship .

 

:thumb:I couldn't agree more with in regards to the ego thing always getting in the way. Unfortunately in smaller communities I just don't think a Senior team and a freshmen team do anything but work against each other. Coaches from the schools and the Youth organizations need to put aside their respective egos and do whats best for the kids. I prefer a school program when all things are equal but for now I think the youth programs play a more competitve schedule. I really don't see any reason why schools like Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow need to play each other twice a year just to try and get 6 or 8 games in. They would get better competition on the Youth level in all honesty and quite possibly better coaching.

Highlands Frosh next season should be very good at the skilled positions and have some depth at QB with Patrick Towles and CArter New. Ben Dupont will be a stud on defense as well. Oh, I forgot, Jake True will be a horse at RB.

CovCath has a real good class coming in including Joe Castenada's younger (and bigger) brother.

Unfortunately Joe ,the EGO thing is always in the way .Look at how many youth baseball organizations there are ,knothole ,little league / Cal Ripken,SWOL ,the new that was created because of SWOL cost ,and what ever else .

 

Back to football. Last year Ludlow ,Dayton , Bellevue and ... did not have frosh teams for 2007 .Beechwood ( only A team ) played 2 A teams .Newport , Lloyd ,NCC AND Holy Cross ,played each 2 times .BW also played Cincinnati Anderson .

 

Highlands is not on the schedule for Beechwood freshman next year.Maybe in the championship .

Bellevue, Ludlow, and Dayton participated in a freshman-sophomore league with Walton-Verona and Bracken Co and Bishop Brossart I believe. This allowed them to play both freshman and sophomores and let them have a shot at their own championship. I believe this league will be back next year.:thumb:

Newport's freshmen schedule is tougher than their varsity's team. If I know Coach Pic -- he and his staff will have those boys together.

Newport's freshmen schedule is tougher than their varsity's team. If I know Coach Pic -- he and his staff will have those boys together.

 

What does there schedule look like?

From what I understand Newport will be playing Highlands, CovCath and Campbell County just to mention a few.

From what I understand Newport will be playing Highlands, CovCath and Campbell County just to mention a few.

 

Wow. Nice step up for the Wildcats.

Highlands Frosh next season should be very good at the skilled positions and have some depth at QB with Patrick Towles and CArter New. Ben Dupont will be a stud on defense as well. Oh, I forgot, Jake True will be a horse at RB.

 

The Birds will have some pretty decent linemen this year also. Having coached the 8th graders last year, there are some athletic kids playing the line in that class. There also are some big kids, but if they want to play the line for Highlands, they better start their diets today.

 

True may be a stud, but I wouldn't count out Joey Ringwald as a running back quite yet. Joey in my opinion was the best running back in the 7/8th grade league last year. He's very fast and runs with authority.

 

I expect the Highlands frosh to do very well this year and hopefully start another undefeated streak.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.