Everything posted by Hamilton Joe
-
CovCath is taking their football program to the next level...
I was talking to a nieghbor of mine who lives in the Park Hills/Ft Wright area and he told me that in recent years a number of kids from this area went down and played in the Ludlow Youth Football program. He said that the numbers at Ludlow have been down and this gave their kids more of an opportunity for some playing time then say the Spartans or the Raiders. The loss of say 6 to 8 kids in the Ludlow Senior program would probably have a very adverse effect on their program as well. All things being equal I do think it is best for 7th and 8th grade kids to start playing in some sort a school situation and begin getting familar with how they do things at the school they plan to attend such as CCH in this case..
-
Holy Cross/Beechwood Predictions
With something like 8 or 9 loses (including a previous loss to HC) on the year I'm not so sure why a few on hear think everyone is so afraid to play Beechwood. They put the uniform on the same way everyone else does and I don't think Ryle, CCH, Boone are too concerned about playing them in the regional. HCs baseball history runs far deeper then Beechwoods and the Indians have been taking on all comers for many many years..
-
Cov Holy Cross - Coaches
Good Assistant coaches are hard to come by. HCs head coach must be confident in his own ability and security to bring in 2 quality Assistants. I know incompetent coaches who aren't that secure and chase off any Assistant or JV coach that out performs him and then surrounds himself with medocrity. Hope that clears it up for you and if not, oh well you can PM me if you wish and I will do my best to make it very clear..
-
Cov Holy Cross - Coaches
Schrand and Minor are both excellent coaches and would be welcome additions to any staff. It's hard to place a value on good JV coaches but good head coaches certainly appreciate all of their efforts. Bad head coaches are usually intimidated when the assistant on the bench knows more then the guy in charge. Alot of times the JV coach has a better relationship with the kids then the head coach and good head coaches appreciate all they do for the kids and the team. Bad head coaches just look for mediocre JV coaches and thus the program suffers...
-
Top players in NKY in 09
I was impressed with some of the young talent that Dixe had this past year particularily the Luebbe girl. I believe she was a freshmen this past year and I understand they have some additional freshmen and 6th graders that are very good. The future looks bright for the Colonels and whomever they choose as their new coach.
-
Holmes job??
Somewhat surprised that she will stay at Newport but if true that is good news for the Wildcat program. They definitely need some stability in the Newport program. Who then become the leading candidates for this position if Travece is as you state not going to Holmes. The Holmes job and the Dixie jobs are 2 very attractive positions that I'm sure a great many up and coming coaches would be very interested in.
-
Class A, District 1-6
Talking to a friend of mine who is originally from NKY and has lived and worked in Campsbellville for the past 30 years and he is convinced this is the year that C-ville goes deep into the playoffs with a possible run at the big prize. Of course he tells me that every year but he almost has me convinced for this upcoming season but as I told him the Class A Title runs thru Beechwood and until they can beat them it is all just talk.. Good luck to the youngmen from Campsbellville.
-
Holy Cross/Beechwood Predictions
I will of course be pulling for my Indians...
-
KHSAA Football draft alignment for 2009 and 2010:
5A or 6A. It really doesn't matter. Lets face it Cooper is going everybodies Homecoming for the 1st few years..:ylsuper::lol:
-
Lacey Cline to play at Thomas More
Congrats Lacey, it has been a pleasure watching you play. Good luck TMC..
-
Ludlow Names Varsity Head Coach
Rick Hornsby as in former CCH star player and University of Louisville Player? Also longtime CCH golf coach? If so what a classy individual to have lead the Ludlow program. This is a quality man who the Ludlow fans should be very pleased to have coaching their sons. Good luck to Coach Hornsby and the Ludlow Panthers.
-
Camp question:
Sleepover Camps? Camps where the kids actually get the opportunity to go away for a number of days and eat, sleep and drink basketball? Are these done as a team with the schools blessing or just on an individual basis where a parent sends the kid to a camp? I keep getting told more and more schools are frowning on overnight camps and many are discontinuing this practice but from what I see and hear I'm finding this seems to be very common amongest a great many schools and somewhat contrary to what I have been led to believe. I would be interested to hear what some schools policies are towards "Team Camps".
-
Top returning players in NKY
:rolleyes:No more then any other I would imagine.
-
34th District Predictions
:thumb:So it appears that Ludlow has improved quite a bit from the initial meeting with the Juggs. Maybe the 3rd time is the charm. Good luck to both teams..
-
34th District Predictions
Lloyd may well beat Ludlow but I don't necessarily think it will be easy. Sort of depends on which Ludlow team decides to come and play. They have the ability to knock off Lloyd and the pitching that it takes to win that one game that gets them to the regional. The problem Ludlow has is "between their ears". Play ball boys and leave the outside interferences at home..
-
Top returning players in NKY
:laugh:OK that's your right to feel that way but you are probably the only one my man.
-
KHSAA Football draft alignment for 2009 and 2010:
In looking at Class A District 3 and 4 it seems to me that it would have made far more sense to put Walton-Verona in District 4 with the likes of Gallatin Cty, Trimble Cty etc. These schools are already rivals in Region 8 basketball so it only seems logical to me.. Bracken is going to pass every team in District 3 and drive a minimun of 60 miles just to play their District foes in District 4.. but what do I know..lol
-
Dixie's head coach resigned
:thumb:Agree. Great job for the right type of person who can gain the respect of the kids and has the ability to work well with administrators, boosters and parents. Hard combination to find and alot to ask and expect of a coach.
-
Holmes job??
I have heard it is hers if she wants it.
-
Cov Cath 26 Ludlow 1
:thumb:agree
-
Cov Cath 26 Ludlow 1
Remember now a promise is a promise. Sounds like a lot of :cry:to me..
-
Cov Cath 26 Ludlow 1
Year in and year out I believe Ludlow has always played CCH at least once a year so I don't understand what anyone would mean by scheduling this game to make the kids look bad. CCH usually does have the upper hand when they play Ludlow but I have never heard a Ludlow team or its fans say they didn't want to play a particular team. Honestly I'm disappointed with the attitude of those who would make such comments and want to lay it all on the coach... This isn't the Ludlow that I remember competing against. They always came to play. Seems like just a few years ago when I was just a casual BGPs reader that I recall a number of Ludlow supporters really feeling good about beating CCH and winning their district that year. Now they don't want to play them? Where are you futurecoach? Whats going on down there in Pantherland?
-
Holmes job??
I have heard the same. 2 pretty good coaches (Hill and Spritzy, Dixie) stepping down from what I would think would be 2 very interesting jobs..
-
Dixie's head coach resigned
My understanding is that Coach Spritzky informed her team earlier today in school. Coach Spritzky is a very classy individual and someone that has been a very positive influence on the kids she has come into contact with in her years as a coach. I wish her the very best and hope she one day returns to coaching... With that said, anyone know who the leading candidates might be for this job?
-
Top players in NKY in 09
I thought Tibbs of Scott was one of the most improved players I saw all year and had an outstanding year as a freshmen. I look for her to be one of the Top 5 players in NKY next year and someone with Player of the Year potential in her Junior and Senior years if she continues to work at it as it appears she did between her 8th grade and 9th grade years.