Cov Cath 26 Ludlow 1

CCH24

Patrick Krumme struck out the side in the top of the first and then the Colonel offense exploded 15 runs in the first. Junior Nick George made his first varsity pitching appearance, throwing 4 innings and allowing only one run

Tough one for Coach Bieger.

No.....tough one for the kids.....this was a set up to make the kids look bad and it worked......not only did he schedule a game that it was obvious Ludlow was going to lose but spent an hour yelling about it afterwards till one kid quit the team. Also another was told to get his stuff and leave in the first inning but his teammates wouldn't let him. Just asking, but is it appropriate to cuss at the kids and call them derogatory names when you are coaching a high school baseball team.

No.....tough one for the kids.....this was a set up to make the kids look bad and it worked......not only did he schedule a game that it was obvious Ludlow was going to lose but spent an hour yelling about it afterwards till one kid quit the team. Also another was told to get his stuff and leave in the first inning but his teammates wouldn't let him. Just asking, but is it appropriate to cuss at the kids and call them derogatory names when you are coaching a high school baseball team.

Are we sure this is the way it went down and why would any coach set his kids up to look bad and no it is not appropriate to curse at any kid, there are other ways to get your point across.

Are we sure this is the way it went down and why would any coach set his kids up to look bad and no it is not appropriate to curse at any kid, there are other ways to get your point across.

Quit positive this is the way it went down. Coach seems to enjoy putting the kids down and making them feel bad, you should hear the stuff he says to them. Obviously there is something wrong with this man.

The coach probably wanted to get a game no matter who it was against, just to have a game. The kids also probably agreed with the coach scheduling this game, even against Cov Cath, because they wanted to play. And if they "had no chance to win" then will obviously not stand a chance once the district and regional tourneys come around.

However he should not have yelled about it for an hour, nor should he have cussed at his players. Accidents happen and words slip out in the heat of the moment, but to continously curse at your players for a bad game is just wrong.

Year in and year out I believe Ludlow has always played CCH at least once a year so I don't understand what anyone would mean by scheduling this game to make the kids look bad. CCH usually does have the upper hand when they play Ludlow but I have never heard a Ludlow team or its fans say they didn't want to play a particular team. Honestly I'm disappointed with the attitude of those who would make such comments and want to lay it all on the coach... This isn't the Ludlow that I remember competing against. They always came to play. Seems like just a few years ago when I was just a casual BGPs reader that I recall a number of Ludlow supporters really feeling good about beating CCH and winning their district that year. Now they don't want to play them? Where are you futurecoach? Whats going on down there in Pantherland?

The coach probably wanted to get a game no matter who it was against, just to have a game. The kids also probably agreed with the coach scheduling this game, even against Cov Cath, because they wanted to play. And if they "had no chance to win" then will obviously not stand a chance once the district and regional tourneys come around.

However he should not have yelled about it for an hour, nor should he have cussed at his players. Accidents happen and words slip out in the heat of the moment, but to continously curse at your players for a bad game is just wrong.

They didn't have a chance to agree to the game....there was only a one hour notice. Be serious do you think Ludlow actually had a chance of beating Cov Cath?

Year in and year out I believe Ludlow has always played CCH at least once a year so I don't understand what anyone would mean by scheduling this game to make the kids look bad. CCH usually does have the upper hand when they play Ludlow but I have never heard a Ludlow team or its fans say they didn't want to play a particular team. Honestly I'm disappointed with the attitude of those who would make such comments and want to lay it all on the coach... This isn't the Ludlow that I remember competing against. They always came to play. Seems like just a few years ago when I was just a casual BGPs reader that I recall a number of Ludlow supporters really feeling good about beating CCH and winning their district that year. Now they don't want to play them? Where are you futurecoach? Whats going on down there in Pantherland?

They have only played Cov Cath twice since 2002 and that was in the tournament. Check KHSAA website. They are not a regularly scheduled season team. And yes with this coach he would definitely do it to make them look bad....he has no problem telling them how bad they are, making fun of their weight, cussing, throwing things, calling them names that I can't say on here. Sometimes someone is just so awful that its time to quite covering for them. This wasn't about whether the kids wanted to play Cov Cath it was about the way it was handled afterwards for a game that you pretty well knew you were not going to win.

Well going back through and looking at the "Lulow has their man" thread, you can see that I'm not to surprised.

Too bad he is still allowed to keep subjecting the kids to his style of coaching. Constant degredation, name calling, cussing and put downs does not a better ball team make.

They didn't have a chance to agree to the game....there was only a one hour notice. Be serious do you think Ludlow actually had a chance of beating Cov Cath?

I wouldn't imagine the coach would give them a choice anyway, but why wouldnt they want to play? Dont you have to play the better teams to improve??

Will one of the moderators please close this thread. Its one thing to get on here stating facts and its another to get on here making things up and making a coach look bad. Please close this thread.

None of this is made up.

They have only played Cov Cath twice since 2002 and that was in the tournament. Check KHSAA website. They are not a regularly scheduled season team. And yes with this coach he would definitely do it to make them look bad....he has no problem telling them how bad they are, making fun of their weight, cussing, throwing things, calling them names that I can't say on here. Sometimes someone is just so awful that its time to quite covering for them. This wasn't about whether the kids wanted to play Cov Cath it was about the way it was handled afterwards for a game that you pretty well knew you were not going to win.

They have played more than twice since '02. Heck, they played twice the year that Ludlow beat CCH. They used to play regularly because they were in the same district; however, Beechwood took Ludlow's place in the 35th.