Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Camp question:

Featured Replies

Someone sent me this today:

 

Could anyone recommend a team basketball camp for incoming freshman ages 13 & 14? Or a good individual skills camp for players 13 & 14?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that Transy has a good one...

In NKY, McFarland used to have some good camps in the past, not sure if he still have them or not, last I knew they were at Sports of All Sports in Florence. I have heard that NKU had some individual camps for that age groups.

Georgetown College used to put on a great team camp in the summer time. I'm not usre if it has changed but it was of great quality when I played in it.

 

I really enjoyed the Don Lane sleepover camp at Transy too.

I've heard that Transy has a good one...

 

An excellent choice. I believe it is now Brian Lane's Transy Camp.

I really enjoyed the Don Lane sleepover camp at Transy too.

 

Was the funnel trick your favorite part of don lane's camp? just reminiscing!!!

  • Author

Are those camps geared towards the target age group?

G-town's team camp has a frosh division.

G-town's team camp has a frosh division.

 

That's true. And I believe Centre College in Danville has a frosh / JV camp too.

I went to Don Lane's team camp but don't remember the funnel trick, what was it?

Sleepover Camps? Camps where the kids actually get the opportunity to go away for a number of days and eat, sleep and drink basketball? Are these done as a team with the schools blessing or just on an individual basis where a parent sends the kid to a camp? I keep getting told more and more schools are frowning on overnight camps and many are discontinuing this practice but from what I see and hear I'm finding this seems to be very common amongest a great many schools and somewhat contrary to what I have been led to believe. I would be interested to hear what some schools policies are towards "Team Camps".

Are those camps geared towards the target age group?

 

Happy Osborne Georgetown camp is geared to the individual age groups at the individual camp. Billy Hicks camp is another good one lots of ball handleing and shoot drills done.

I also enjoyed the Team camps at Transy. The first time I went was my incoming freshman year.

McFarland still holds his camp, I saw brochures at the Mt Zion location. I also used to attend the Don Lane camp, and I always had a good time. I know things have changed in the past 20 years, shifting to more team oriented tournaments during the Summer, but those times left me with some good memories. I still remember myself and Nimbo Hammonds getting busted by the RA, for listening to Eddie Murphy's RAW cassette.

The good thing about the Transy camp is that they have fundamentals in the morning where most team camps now are just games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.