Cov Holy Cross - Coaches

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schrand and Minor are both excellent coaches and would be welcome additions to any staff. It's hard to place a value on good JV coaches but good head coaches certainly appreciate all of their efforts. Bad head coaches are usually intimidated when the assistant on the bench knows more then the guy in charge. Alot of times the JV coach has a better relationship with the kids then the head coach and good head coaches appreciate all they do for the kids and the team. Bad head coaches just look for mediocre JV coaches and thus the program suffers...

Schrand and Minor are both excellent coaches and would be welcome additions to any staff. It's hard to place a value on good JV coaches but good head coaches certainly appreciate all of their efforts. Bad head coaches are usually intimidated when the assistant on the bench knows more then the guy in charge. Alot of times the JV coach has a better relationship with the kids then the head coach and good head coaches appreciate all they do for the kids and the team. Bad head coaches just look for mediocre JV coaches and thus the program suffers...

What?

What?

Good Assistant coaches are hard to come by. HCs head coach must be confident in his own ability and security to bring in 2 quality Assistants. I know incompetent coaches who aren't that secure and chase off any Assistant or JV coach that out performs him and then surrounds himself with medocrity.

Hope that clears it up for you and if not, oh well you can PM me if you wish and I will do my best to make it very clear..:cool:

Schrand has a son playing in the NKY catholic league I believe, I wonder if this means he will be a future Indian? Didnt Cov CAth give him a raw deal or something? As far as adding Schrand and Minor that can only bolster that staff as Goetz has done a fantastic job with the Indians.

HC has not hired any assistant coaches.

So which is it? Will Ryan Schrand & Shannon Minor be at Holy Cross next season?

If so, two great hires for Holy Cross. Although their brand of basketball could be a culture shock to Indian fans.

Edited by gold sunrise