Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top returning players in NKY

Featured Replies

Offense and Defense...

  • Replies 136
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to list ALL the returnees from Highlands undefeated class 5A State Champions:

Josh Conner SR. - RB

Adam Dempsey SR - O-line

Michael Laber SR - D-line

Cody Rosenhagen SR - D-line

Austin Collinsworth JR - DB (all-state)

Brandon Roller JR - LB

You always have to keep Tony Guidugli in the conversation @ QB, too! I also look forward to quite a few "unknowns" stepping up and shining brightly this year.

I think Patrick VanSant for CovCath will definately be a stud next year. This will be his third year starting at linebacker and he saw some good time at tight end last year too, but he'll have the position to himself this year. The kid honestly might not leave the field this year.

 

Also Seth Tepe will be a force to be reckoned with as the anchor of a CovCath o-line that only loses one from last year. He's having a heck of an offseason right now, so he'll be back bigger and stronger than he already was last year.

Teiple, Daniels and Maniello at Beechwood to name a few.

 

It takes more than a few to win a state championship so I will say the entire team!

Teiple, Daniels and Maniello at Beechwood to name a few.

 

It takes more than a few to win a state championship so I will say the entire team!

 

What about the Slusher boy from BW? TE/LB...met him at UC Jr. Day Nice young man...very athletic looking...will he shine?

What about the Slusher boy from BW? TE/LB...met him at UC Jr. Day Nice young man...very athletic looking...will he shine?

 

YES ,ABSOLUTELY !! Should have a huge year

I'd have to list ALL the returnees from Highlands undefeated class 5A State Champions:

Josh Conner SR. - RB

Adam Dempsey SR - O-line

Michael Laber SR - D-line

Cody Rosenhagen SR - D-line

Austin Collinsworth JR - DB (all-state)

Brandon Roller JR - LB

You always have to keep Tony Guidugli in the conversation @ QB, too! I also look forward to quite a few "unknowns" stepping up and shining brightly this year.

 

Cant' leave out Oliver Head from HHS. Ollie was simply a standout during the playoffs on special teams. He was in on the tackles on nearly every kickoff return and made some stellar plays on defense and offense. I am thinking Ollie will have a breakout season either on defense or offense or perhaps, both!

I have to throw some love to my Ludlow boys. I expect big years from Braydon Mills, Derek King, Ronnie Banks, Josh Montooth and they all play both ways. It's a necessity here.

I have to throw some love to my Ludlow boys. I expect big years from Braydon Mills, Derek King, Ronnie Banks, Josh Montooth and they all play both ways. It's a necessity here.

 

:thumb: "Turn the Mongoose loose!"

Cant' leave out Oliver Head from HHS. Ollie was simply a standout during the playoffs on special teams. He was in on the tackles on nearly every kickoff return and made some stellar plays on defense and offense. I am thinking Ollie will have a breakout season either on defense or offense or perhaps, both!

 

Wasn't trying to "dis" the O-Head...was just naming returning starters for HHS. Totally agree with your view. In fact, there are quite a few boys that I EXPECT to rise and shine this year: O-Head, Clint Crawford, Jake Turner, Jared Frank, Hunter Schlosser, Brian Beck, Tyler Grubbs, Kyle Wells, David Hogue....among others! :ylsuper:

Wasn't trying to "dis" the O-Head...was just naming returning starters for HHS. Totally agree with your view. In fact, there are quite a few boys that I EXPECT to rise and shine this year: O-Head, Clint Crawford, Jake Turner, Jared Frank, Hunter Schlosser, Brian Beck, Tyler Grubbs, Kyle Wells, David Hogue....among others! :ylsuper:

 

Watched Kyle Wells in a JV basketball game. 6'5 245. Moves well after coming off a bball related leg injury. Do you think he may be moved from TE to the interior. Grubbs also moves very well on the bball floor at 6'5+ 265. He could also make a big contribution on the line. Coach Scotty Turner will certainly have some big athletic guys to mold this season.

Let's see if Coach T can do the "voodoo that he do" with sophmores instead of SR's! My money says he can...and will! I wonder if Wells will do the "Wise" thing and move to center? Big hands, big frame...could lead to D1! Spring will be interesting, for sure!

Newport will have some talent returning this year. Look for Jeff Smith to have a good year on defense -- this kid can flat out hit you. Willie Price will be another top returning player -- he plays hard and never quits. David Barger -- this kid saw some action late in the season -- hits hard and plays hard. Barger's counter part is a kid name Tony Baldwin -- gives it his all -- hits hard too -- Barger and Baldwin together as freshmen put some serious hits on some running backs. Gabe Smith -- good linemen -- quick off the ball -- I'd like to see him back at center. Daniel Kim -- all I can say is fast......... this kid is so fast that he sometimes out runs himself. There's another linemen this year -- he didn't see a lot of action last year but he's got good size -- the kids call him Tuna -- David Tonafield -- he'll help the line this year. Hatfield has the size needed at the TE position -- descent hands and speed -- got hurt last year but I'm sure he'll bounce back. Nate Webb -- another good player -- always tough -- never stops -- another one that got hurt last season -- he'll be good to go. Rumor has it that the younger Boxx brother is playing this year. This kid is big and he was a good linemen his freshmen year -- look to see if on the front line. Overall, Newport's front line will be big and should have the ability to push their way down the field. Cody Short -- this kid is just tough -- let me say that again -- tough -- he'll be a valuable weapon for Newport this year. There are so many more young men on this team to mention -- I believe this will be a good year for the CATS.

Is that Jordan Hatfield boy a kicker,too? Isn't he some sort of track & field phenom? Or am I confusing him with an older brother? I know Slammin' Sammy Schwalbach should be a whale of a player...his brother up at NCC a few years ago was dynamite!

Yeah Jordan is a good kicker. He's pretty good in track too -- I know he was in the AAU games and I'm thinking he broke some records in the state for the javalin throw. I probably didn't spell that right but oh well. Sammy is a good player too -- kinda had some injuries last year that sided lined him but he'll bounce back. Sammy is also a good baseball player too. He kinda reminds me of a mad man at rush hour -- lol.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.