Class A, District 1-6

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbellsville will be loaded next year, I think they only graduated three kids. Lynn Camp returns a very stingy defense. Williamsburg returns with most of their team. Clinton Co. improved alot last year.

As far as the favorite, you got to give it to the champ of the post season Campbellsville, until someone beats them!

• 2 weeks later...

If Campbellsville can get solid production in the running game, replacing recent EKU signee Shumari Bridgewater, they should be the team to beat. They had a kid last year that got less carries than Bridgewater, but he was like a sophmore. He was BIG. If he gets a little more experience and learns to run with his shoulders squared, he could be a monster. The rest of their core from last year returns as well. I predict that we will see Campbellsville playing Hazard for a regional championship. Last year was a little bit lop sided, but who knows...Coach Wiseman may be able to break on through to the state semi's with this talented group.

Campbellsville has to be the favorite-To much coming back!!!

Williamsburg has to be second- the lack of talent at DB and lineman unable to cause a passhrush is a bad combination for the Jackets against Campbellsville.

Lynn camp would be third- Best defensive team who struggles to dictates games with their offense. A lot of big play capability though.

last year there was a three way tie for first during the regular season. Williamsburg got the nod through the tiebreaker system. I see it being just as tough this year.

Campbellsville has to be the favorite-To much coming back!!!

Williamsburg has to be second- the lack of talent at DB and lineman unable to cause a passhrush is a bad combination for the Jackets against Campbellsville.

Lynn camp would be third- Best defensive team who struggles to dictates games with their offense. A lot of big play capability though.

last year there was a three way tie for first during the regular season. Williamsburg got the nod through the tiebreaker system. I see it being just as tough this year.

PERHAPS TOUGHER IN 2008:

Campbellsville - Only lost 2 seniors off last years team. They are a year older but so is everyone else in the district. Get to host Lynn Camp this year, but must travel 2 1/2 hours to Williamsburg for district games. Also goes to Clinton Co.

Williamsburg - Lose their outstanding RB, but return all other weapons of their VERY potent passing attack. Get both Lynn Camp and Campbellsville at home for big district games. In my opinion, the team to watch.

Lynn Camp - Lose Roskopft, but return a defense that really flies to the ball. Always a BIG group of hard-nosed players that will fight to the end. People should be careful not to overlook this bunch. They are dangerous and well coached.

Clinton Co. - Will be better and returns their hoss RB. Look for Clinton Co. to be more involved in the district race.

Can't wait for this year. It will be exciting for sure...... More Later.

I really think Lynn camp will win the district title this year. they really built their offense around joe last year and fell apart offensively when he went down. going into this year We will be led by running backs Sid Wagner and Wesley Steele which should be one of the best duos around. Jonah mitchell is back at Qb and will be a big play maker as he proved the last 2 years. I think we all know The hitmen run,run, and run, but I think we might see Sid line up some at WR. That stingy defense return along with all of the starting offensive line.

They have to go threw Raceland and Lexington Christian. Before they make it to Hazard.

I'm sure this will stir up a hornet's nest, but I think Campbellsville can beat Raceland. Lex Christian may be another matter all together.

Campbellsville has a rough road schedule, but I look for them to make a great run! But honestly, I'm extremely biased. I'm not there now, but my heart still belongs to the purple and gold! Go EAGLES!!!

A little off the topic, but how do you guys think Berea would finish if they were in this district like they were originally going to be? I think they could beat Clinton, but man those other 3 would be quite a feat. Clinton is pretty good, Williamsburg is TOUGH, and Campbellsville just flat out has a lot of talent. It is the biggest C-ville team I can remember seeing in action.

Berea beat Clinton last season.

I would guess they could do it again.

IMO, Clinton and Berea would be fighting for the #4 seed.

C'ville, Lynn Camp and W'burg will be in the hunt for the #1 seed. Right now, I would say C'ville would be the overall favorite.

I'm sure this will stir up a hornet's nest, but I think Campbellsville can beat Raceland. Lex Christian may be another matter all together.

Campbellsville has a rough road schedule, but I look for them to make a great run! But honestly, I'm extremely biased. I'm not there now, but my heart still belongs to the purple and gold! Go EAGLES!!!

You got to love it. But time will tell.

No hornet's nest here, you are entitled to your opinion, and you may be right. But, I honestly think that LCA, Raceland, and Hazard are the teams to beat in the East this season. With that being said, in my own little ranking I have Campbellsville fourth.