Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hamilton Joe

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hamilton Joe

  1. :thumb:Seems to be a number of rumors going around on this one..
  2. Might be someone who has some strong connections to the NKY area and who has coached in this area as well. Quite possibly someone who is currently a head coach at another school outside the NKY area who is finding the commute to and from his current position to be more then he/she wishes to continue. Someone that has worked for a couple of parochial schools. Just something to consider.
  3. I heard it went extra innings but I can't confirm that yet..
  4. :confused:O.K. if you say so but I'm still a bit confused. Where does the Class A State Championship trophy currently reside?? LCA? No. It's still at BEECHWOOD!!!!
  5. :confused:There's a little 1A school by the name of BEECHWOOD that I don't think is in any hurry to give up there stranglehold and domination of Class 1A. Until LCA or any other Class A team starts racking up championships then the road to the 1A title always runs thru BEECHWOOD.
  6. I read on Ryan Ernsts blog that an announcement will be made sometime within the next week.
  7. A huge loss not only for the Newport School and Community but the entire NKY community as Coach Brown was one of those truly quality coaches and an even better man. He will be greatly missed. My sympathy goes out to everyone whose heart is aching over this loss.
  8. You brought up the issue with Bowling in a previous post and I simply responded to it. As far as the community having a say in the issue of St E. then absolutely they should have a say. They have a say by attending their board meetings and speaking up. Kids are even allowed to attend and there is a time when the public can speak and ask questions. If the community is displeased with the way the school board is representing them then they should show their displeasure in November and vote in new board members. Most school boards depend on the recommendation of their Superintendent, Principal and AD in these type of situations. Just because the Superintendent or others may make a recommendation doesn't mean the board members have to go along with it. They should vote for what they think is right for the kids and their community. Just curious but what was the vote on the St E./Bowling situation? Was it unanimous or did anyone vote not to switch?
  9. Your buddy Bowling pulled his daughter out for basketball reasons so why should the school be so loyal to him, he certainly wasn't to his school. Then he brings her back when it didn't work out at Boone, Sorry but I had to go there since you did. :lol::ylsuper: I apoligize in advance for getting off topic.
  10. :laugh:Excellent, glad you haven't lost your sense of humor.:thumb:
  11. :lol:The football field is more then adequate and everyone knows that. You make a few adjustments and you play the game. With the big ticket fundraiser that I hear on the radio several times a day their should be plenty of funds to put some soccer lines on the field and go play. This constant suggestion by you that the football parents and boosters have had zero input is a ridiculous statement and one that most know not to be true. Football and the boosters of football rule at Beechwood. Everyone knows that. Once again I appreciate your passion on this issue BWDFan but your obvious objections to soccer are overtaking your usual sunny "Donna Reed" type disposition. I would just relax about the whole thing and you never know it just might go away and even if it doesn't then 14 to 16 girls aren't going to destroy the band or VB. If they choose soccer over those 2 then it was their choice. :ylsuper:
  12. :thumb:Yes they did. Good luck..
  13. :cool:This is one that I won't win with you as it is obvious to me that you most definitely have a fighting interest in this debate (football, Volleyball). No Community? They are taxpayers and their tax dollars go to that school I do believe. I sure hope no Board Member would ever publicly say that the community doesn't have a say in issues regarding the school in their community unless they were looking for a sure way of not getting re-elected. BWDFAN, I appreciate your passion and I hope it works out for the best for all concerned.
  14. :confused: The support for the girls basketball program at Beechwood has been pitiful in recent years and I agree Coach McCarthy is doing all she can with the talent she has. Support for the boys basketball program is lukewarm at best and people tend to show up only when they are having a good season. I agree investigating the effects of a new program need to take place but lets be true to the process. You say that is all they are concerned with and I disagree. There is a very strong financially supportive, influencial group at Beechwood that has thrown up roadblocks and made excuses everytime this issue comes up. Just be true to the process and see what happens... Just for the record I am no soccer fan whatsoever, I just think people sometimes lose sight of what the purpose of education and extra-curricular activities are all about. It's about doing whats best for our kids.
  15. IMO it is a district wide issue and one that should include the input of the entire community, not just the high school football and V.B supporters. I agree that the SBDM did make the right decision in starting with the camps to determine interest. If enough show up then I believe Beechwood needs to take the necesary steps to start a Girls Soccer program. If they don't have a large turnout then it seems pretty simple, No Soccer. Lets let the kids decide on this one and not a handful of big money donors who helped build a football field
  16. Not sure I agree. The district with Boone Cty, Ryle, Conner and St Henry is no slouch. With Holmes not being much of a factor this year I might actually take the 33rd from top to bottom over the 34th. Clearly these two districts (33rd and 34th) are much stronger then the teams that make up the 35th and 36th.
  17. It appears as though this issue has once again made its way into the newspaper and there appears to be a number of people who have strong feelings on both sides of the issue. I personally don't have much concern one way or the other with regards to this issue but I was somewhat taken aback by the comments of a Mr White in the Enquirer. He state, "It's about excelling" and "It's about achieving excellence". I know that Beechwood has been very successful in a few of their sports and extra- curricular activities but with this line of thinking I guess we are telling the kids at Beechwood that you better win or we probably won't want continue with this sport or activity. The Beechwood fans already show that they really only support their winning programs. If you don't believe that then I suggest you attend a girls basketball game at Beechwood and for that matter a boys basketball game when they are mediocre or worse. Personally I think there is more to be learned by a kid then win, win, win. I think teamwork and participation and working together as a team are very important to the other all development of a child. Must you win at everything. It is this rather pompous and arrogant attitude that gives others outside your district a poor view of what Beechwood fans are really all about and I know there are far more good and supportive fans at Beechwood then those that share the attitude of Mr White, or at least I hope so. You have a beautiful football field that could also be used for Soccer. Let them use it and quit looking for lame excuses. These kids deserve at least an opportunity. It is about the kids isn't it?
  18. :thumb:Agree roll one for me as well.:lol: I will agree with your comments regarding Donald Weaver and I will also throw in Scott Miller from a few years ago who was an excellent receiver on a WINNING TEAM that went to the playoffs when Coach Steve Hensley got the program turned around. Those are just 2 names from the last 10 years and that doesn't include all of the very good athletes that played in the 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s. The comments being made by NDIrish03 are beyond silly. They are flat out ridiculous..:ylsuper:
  19. :laugh::laugh:Yea o.k. my man. Nothing wrong with dreaming.:confused:
  20. No offense to either Logan or Trammel because they both had very nice years but if you go back thru the history of Ludlow football I believe you will find a number of very good receivers who also happen to play on WINNING Ludlow teams. If some of these former wide receivers would have been as fortunate as Logan and Trammel and had the ball thrown about 40 times a game to them I believe they would have had numbers equal to or better then either Logan or Trammel. Ludlows offense needs to be more balanced. I think the spread has it's place but Ludlow has become way to reliant on that type of offense. Everyone in the stadium knows pretty much what is going to happen and they have become far to predictable in their offense. They are easy to scout IMO. If you have 3 solid runningbacks then they need to get the QB under center and get them some carries and as pnthr4lfe said kill some of the clock.
  21. :thumb: I have heard the same.
  22. So who might the transfer from Dixie be? Any thoughts on who the top 2 or 3 candidates are to replace Miller?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.