Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Lloyd Memorial

Featured Replies

What does Lloyd Memorial need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Lloyd will be a productive team this year. They were young last season so I look for them to come out strong. Not sure of their key players but overall it's the team not the individual.

I believe Lloyd will be a productive team this year. They were young last season so I look for them to come out strong. Not sure of their key players but overall it's the team not the individual.

 

Lloyd had 9 seniors on defense and 6 seniors on offense starting last year. I wouldn't consider that young. They need to work real hard on the o-line and d-line, LB's, if they are going to be successful

Who all comprises the coaching staff, I thought that somebody said there were a couple of changes but I didn't catch who they were.

I don't have all coaches however, here is what I have heard:

 

Head Coach Roy Lucas Jr.

Defensive Coach: Coach Parish

Coach Mac Cooley

Coach Bill Pilgrim

Coach Tim Hobbs

 

I have heard they have added other's. JD

Key Players: Roger Herthel, Seydrick Walker, Sean Russell, Brendon Gregory, Seth Chappie, Kevin Dorning, Jake Kremer, Alex Drifmeyer, and Phil Taliaferro.

 

All of the players above^^ started last season. Herthel is one of, if not the top receiver from last season. Russell and Walker are great corners and Walker is also a good RB.

Just curious but how are things going to be any different this time under Coach Lucas then they were the last few years? Knowledgable coach but not someone that ever viewed has a Head Coach even though I know he has been.

Lloyd needs to get more kids out then I have seen the last 5-7 years. Alot of decent athletes simply aren't coming out for sports at Lloyd for whatever reason. It doesn't seem that in any of their sports programs that they have Head Coaches who create enthusiasm. Numbers have been down and student morale seems very low in the past few years.

Lloyd had 9 seniors on defense and 6 seniors on offense starting last year. I wouldn't consider that young. They need to work real hard on the o-line and d-line' date=' LB's, if they are going to be successful[/quote']

 

My mistake -- I was under the impression that they were a young team. All I kept hearing about them this past season was that they were inexperienced. But I know now that they had a lot more seniors than what I thought. But I still believe that Lloyd will be a descent team this coming season.

Key Players: Roger Herthel, Seydrick Walker, Sean Russell, Brendon Gregory, Seth Chappie, Kevin Dorning, Jake Kremer, Alex Drifmeyer, and Phil Taliaferro.

 

All of the players above^^ started last season. Herthel is one of, if not the top receiver from last season. Russell and Walker are great corners and Walker is also a good RB.

 

I agree that Lloyd will have many returning key players. I look for the JUGGS to have a very good team this year. These players combinded with some of the JV players from last year will make this team someone to watch out for.

Key Players: Roger Herthel, Seydrick Walker, Sean Russell, Brendon Gregory, Seth Chappie, Kevin Dorning, Jake Kremer, Alex Drifmeyer, and Phil Taliaferro.

 

All of the players above^^ started last season. Herthel is one of, if not the top receiver from last season. Russell and Walker are great corners and Walker is also a good RB.

 

Yes all of those players did start last season. Some more are Zack Casey, Dan Burghiem, Eric Creech, and Zach Craddock. With even a longer list of kids who got plenty of reps. Look for Lloyd to suprise teams this year.:thumb:

Yes all of those players did start last season. Some more are Zack Casey, Dan Burghiem, Eric Creech, and Zach Craddock. With even a longer list of kids who got plenty of reps. Look for Lloyd to suprise teams this year.:thumb:

 

Zach Casey = Mr. Football :banana:

(Okay, he's my nephew. So I'm slightly biased.)

Yes all of those players did start last season. Some more are Zack Casey, Dan Burghiem, Eric Creech, and Zach Craddock. With even a longer list of kids who got plenty of reps. Look for Lloyd to suprise teams this year.:thumb:

 

 

I agree. LLoyd will be greatly improved compared to last year. After the Coach Yeagle situation now they can just think about playing football.

I agree. LLoyd will be greatly improved compared to last year. After the Coach Yeagle situation now they can just think about playing football.

 

IMO I don't think that was as big of a situation as everyone made it out to be. Yes Lloyd has improved with out a doubt, and will surprise alot of teams.:thumb:

I think they have one less 'L' than before..........................

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.