Breonna Taylor Killed In Her Apartment by LMPD Officers

TheDeuce

This happened in Louisville back in March. The family has hired the same attorney that Ahmaud Arbery's family hired, Ben Crump.

Breonna Taylor was working as an EMT in Louisville when the coronavirus pandemic hit the country, helping to save lives while trying to protect her own.

On March 13, the 26-year-old aspiring nurse was killed in her apartment, shot at least eight times by Louisville police officers who officials have said were executing a drug warrant, according to a lawsuit filed by the family, accusing officers of wrongful death, excessive force and gross negligence.

--

According to the lawsuit, filed April 27, Louisville police executed a search warrant at Taylor’s home, looking for a man who did not live in Taylor’s apartment complex and had already been detained when officers came to Taylor’s apartment after midnight. Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was also in the apartment and, according to the lawsuit, shot at officers when they attempted to enter without announcing themselves. The lawsuit alleges that police fired more than 20 rounds of ammunition into the apartment.

--

None of the officers involved have been charged in connection with the shooting. Walker, a licensed gun owner who was not injured in the incident, was arrested and faces charges of first-degree assault and attempted murder of a police officer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/11/family-seeks-answers-fatal-police-shooting-louisville-woman-her-apartment/

• Like 1

Tragic that she was killed in the shootout.

Lawsuit tells one side, has LMPD released an official finding or report on the incident yet?

They haven't said a word other than they were executing a search warrant and no drugs were found.

• Like 1

I find it harder to believe that they didn't announce who they were. The defense ALWAYS says the police didn't announce who they were.

A local Constable shot FBI Agent, his first defense was that he didn't know who it was. FBI had blue lights going and were calling him out on a PA by name, announcing they were the FBI and had a warrant for him.

• Like 1

I find it harder to believe that they didn't announce who they were. The defense ALWAYS says the police didn't announce who they were.

A local Constable shot FBI Agent, his first defense was that he didn't know who it was. FBI had blue lights going and were calling him out on a PA by name, announcing they were the FBI and had a warrant for him.

Do cops normally announce themselves before they kick down someones door?

Do cops normally announce themselves before they kick down someones door?

Yes, in nearly every case. "No Knock" warrants that have often been discussed on here are a very low percentage of warrants served. Those are mostly for very high risk, but even then as they make entry they are yelling out police police.

Police officers don't want to be shot either, it's in their safety's best interest to announce their presence.

So this is or isn’t an instant where I should keep one in the chamber and the magazine in my gun or nah?

Seems like if I am protecting my house I can still get arrested and charged with a felony or even killed so y’all let me know which is which. I’m completely confused now. Loaded or unloaded I can be minding my own business in my house and be shot at. I don’t care who you are. You bust up in my crib I’m going to see how well you are at catching slugs.

This is a great point. The cops ALWAYS do everything perfectly and by the book. They never make mistakes. Ever. So no way they kicked down the doors to this house and busted in announced. No way at all. Completely and totally not possible.

Damn media always telling half a story to get folks riled up. You’d think folks would know this by now.

This is a great point. The cops ALWAYS do everything perfectly and by the book. They never make mistakes. Ever. So no way they kicked down the doors to this house and busted in announced. No way at all. Completely and totally not possible.

Damn media always telling half a story to get folks riled up. You’d think folks would know this by now.

I'm not saying that at all. In fact the constable I referenced was being arrested for violating peoples rights, making false claims on warrants, keeping evidence, false arrest and a myriad of other things.

My point was, it makes no sense to not announce who they were even if it's coming through the door. They don't want to be confused for a burglar and shot either.