If KHSAA goes away, who rules?

Julian Tackett has said on more than one occasion that the KHSAA could go bankrupt and fold from the pandemic, if it does who rules?

I don’t think it will go under but the thought has been at least thrown out there and the possibility is there. Tackett has even said they may start charging membership fees from schools to help re coupe some of the money, this would be similar to the fees schools are charges to be in the 2A or a “conference” that you see running around or even region coaches associations.

I hope they don’t go under but for some reason if they did, whoever is next please re align. I would like to see the three team districts fo away and even out districts with a minimum of four team’s in each as well as 16 teams at a minimum in each region.

@FlyPattern, the schools already pay a membership fee. It is based on the size of your school.

Didn’t know that, makes sense though.

The idea that the KHSAA could “go under” to me is pure fiction spun by Tackett. Or, if I’m being charitable, an overreaction to an unprecedented event.

I agree

We lost another member, here are some recent warnings on the topic of Politics:

Unfortunately we lost two more members that refuse to follow our Terms of Service.

From past warnings:

I am to the end of my rope on warning people for political posts. We have had 15 violations in the last three days for people posting about politics. I don't see any other choice but to suspend members that persist with posting about politics. This is your last warning.

Again that means nothing about any governors (or use of the word Governor), Andy, President, Trump, Cuomo, Putin, Beshear, Kim Jong-un, Obamacare, Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, etc. We have had all those in the last few days.

We have lost four more members since I posted this a week ago due to members wanting to talk about Politics. We have had Cuomo again, governor more than once, elections, and now members starting to say things like blah blah blah I can't say it here because I don't want to violate the rules blah blah blah when the member is clearly referring to politics. We are going to start suspending for that too.

Collectively we all have a decision to make because our current path is unsustainable.

The KHSAA is a branch of the Kentucky Department of Education.

I would think the state wouldn't let it fold.

I do expect increased fees and assessments from the KHSAA to be imposed on its member schools to help cover their losses.

I think members would find a way to keep the KHSAA or they’d have to start up a new organization. Is there any State without a HS federation to oversee sports?

Not as far as I know.

However, believe Kentucky is the only state whose association is NOT directly funded by the state government.